- Avid posts series of technical help videos for Sibelius
- Sibelius online and in-person training courses by Mike Klinger, summer 2013
- Sibelius training sessions in California and Colorado in July 2013
- First look at the new Bravura music font used in Sibelius
- Best interview of the year
- Finale, Sibelius, and knockouts
- New and updated plug-ins, part 2
- Sibelius workshop for teachers June 1 in South Africa
- New and updated plug-ins, part 1
- Setting up Vienna Ensemble Pro 5 with Sibelius 7
Add Fingering To Notes
Added 20 Aug 2010 (last updated 20 Jun 2012)
For use with Sibelius 6 and Sibelius 7
Adds fingering numbers immediately to the left of noteheads. Type the numbers you want separating numbers with spaces or commas (or both). Numbers will be applied to selected notes in the order in which they were selected. For chords, notes are always processed from low to high pitch.
The fingering avoids accidentals if Magnetic Layout is on in Sibelius 6. You can adjust the horizontal and vertical offsets, and these values are remembered across Sibelius sessions.
Updated 22 August 2010. The original plugin is in the zip file renamed Add Fingering To Notes Sib 5, and it will run on Sib 5 or later. Add Fingering To Notes will now only run on Sib 6 or later, and the interface has changed so you see a keypad with numbers. Move the dialog so you can see the selected notes, then click a number button to add that number in fingering text to the next note in the selection.
Updated 23 August 2010. The Sib 5 plugin now allows you to specify the text style used for fingering. Some styles, like Expression, do not work well because their Magnetic Layout settings keep them out of the staff, so choose carefully. The Sib 6 version adds the ability to enter the fingering number 0.
Updated 12 September 2010. Many changes, including keyboard access to keypad for Mac users, ability to enter new text, including symbols as text. Added PDF document and helper plugin, Symbol As Text.
Updates 13 October, 2010 to fix bug involving clef changes in bar 1 of a score.
Updated 21 January 2011. Add delay loop at start for Mac users to drag Stop window off score, and fixes for custom text sets.
Updated 2 February 2011. Restored missing PDF file and Symbol As Text plugin. Moved Sib 5 plugin to its own entry in database.
Updated 13 April 2011. Minor bugfixes; also removed Load button and added Delete button to Options and rearranged keypad buttons,
Updated 11 May 2011. Added drop down list of text sets to keypad dialog. Note that in Windows, you can only scroll the drop down list using the mouse, not arrow keys, and that using it will reposition the dialog in the center of the screen. So it may or may not be helpful.
Updated 19 May 2011. Bug fixes; also now allow built-in text sets to be redefined and restored to default settings using Delete Custom.
- Download AddFingeringToNotes.zip (272K, downloaded 3485 times)
Plug-in written by Bob Zawalich.
- Accidentals (5) »
- Arrange (2) »
- Analysis (6) »
- Batch Processing (13) »
- Color (11) »
- Composing Tools (34) »
- Layout (37) »
- Menus and shortcuts (4) »
- Notes and rests (53) »
- Other (33) »
- Playback (22) »
- Proof-reading (8) »
- Text (72) »
- Navigation (13) »
- Filter and Find (38) »
- Chord Symbols (9) »
- Note Input (5) »
- Lines (10) »
- Simplify Notation (1) »
- Focus On Staves (2) »
- Comments (4) »
- Harp (12) »
- Transformations (11) »
- Hitpoints (3) »
- Guitar (5) »
- Banjo (3) »
- Selection (2) »
- Developers' Tools (11) »
- Engravers' Tools (9) »
- Tuplets (1) »
Find plugins by Sibelius version
- Make Layout Uniform
- Respell Flats as Sharps
- Arrange Voicings
- Arrange Brass Voicings
- Respell Uncommon Accidentals
- Rhythm Section Assistant
- Find Intervals From Keys
- Print Folder of Scores
- Narrow Two Voices
- Respell Sharps as Flats
No plug-ins added in the last 30 days.
- Multiply Dynamics (updated 10 Jun 2013)
- Add LV Symbols to Notes (updated 29 May 2013)
- Decrease and Increase Dynamics (updated 23 May 2013)
- Unfilter Selection and Unfilter Selection Whole Bars (updated 23 May 2013)