- Get Involved with the Professionals Shaping the Landscape of our Work and Our Workflows
- Now Available—Avid Sibelius 7.5 Music Notation and Learning Software
- Top 5 Reasons to Attend Avid Connect
- Get Started Fast with Avid Sibelius 7.5: Lesson 5
- Sibelius is My Workhorse
- Nuanced, More Expressive Playback Features in Sibelius 7.5
- Get Started Fast with Avid Sibelius 7.5: Lesson 4
- Get Started Fast with Avid Sibelius 7.5: Lesson 3
- Everything You Need to Know About Joining the ACA and Attending Avid Connect—Now Live
- Get Started Fast with Avid Sibelius 7.5: Lesson 2
Add Fingering To Notes
Added 20 Aug 2010 (last updated 07 Mar 2014)
For use with Sibelius 6, Sibelius 7.1 and Sibelius 7.5
Adds fingering numbers immediately to the left of noteheads. Type the numbers you want separating numbers with spaces or commas (or both). Numbers will be applied to selected notes in the order in which they were selected. For chords, notes are always processed from low to high pitch.
The fingering avoids accidentals if Magnetic Layout is on in Sibelius 6. You can adjust the horizontal and vertical offsets, and these values are remembered across Sibelius sessions.
Updated 22 August 2010. The original plugin is in the zip file renamed Add Fingering To Notes Sib 5, and it will run on Sib 5 or later. Add Fingering To Notes will now only run on Sib 6 or later, and the interface has changed so you see a keypad with numbers. Move the dialog so you can see the selected notes, then click a number button to add that number in fingering text to the next note in the selection.
Updated 23 August 2010. The Sib 5 plugin now allows you to specify the text style used for fingering. Some styles, like Expression, do not work well because their Magnetic Layout settings keep them out of the staff, so choose carefully. The Sib 6 version adds the ability to enter the fingering number 0.
Updated 12 September 2010. Many changes, including keyboard access to keypad for Mac users, ability to enter new text, including symbols as text. Added PDF document and helper plugin, Symbol As Text.
Updates 13 October, 2010 to fix bug involving clef changes in bar 1 of a score.
Updated 21 January 2011. Add delay loop at start for Mac users to drag Stop window off score, and fixes for custom text sets.
Updated 2 February 2011. Restored missing PDF file and Symbol As Text plugin. Moved Sib 5 plugin to its own entry in database.
Updated 13 April 2011. Minor bugfixes; also removed Load button and added Delete button to Options and rearranged keypad buttons,
Updated 11 May 2011. Added drop down list of text sets to keypad dialog. Note that in Windows, you can only scroll the drop down list using the mouse, not arrow keys, and that using it will reposition the dialog in the center of the screen. So it may or may not be helpful.
Updated 19 May 2011. Bug fixes; also now allow built-in text sets to be redefined and restored to default settings using Delete Custom.
- Download AddFingeringToNotes.zip (272K, downloaded 4866 times)
Plug-in written by Bob Zawalich.
- Accidentals (6) »
- Arrange (2) »
- Analysis (6) »
- Batch Processing (13) »
- Color (11) »
- Composing Tools (39) »
- Layout (39) »
- Menus and shortcuts (4) »
- Notes and rests (55) »
- Other (33) »
- Playback (22) »
- Proof-reading (8) »
- Text (76) »
- Navigation (13) »
- Filter and Find (38) »
- Chord Symbols (9) »
- Note Input (5) »
- Lines (10) »
- Simplify Notation (1) »
- Focus On Staves (2) »
- Comments (4) »
- Harp (12) »
- Transformations (7) »
- Hitpoints (3) »
- Guitar (5) »
- Banjo (3) »
- Selection (2) »
- Developers' Tools (11) »
- Engravers' Tools (11) »
- Tuplets (1) »
Find plugins by Sibelius version
- Make Layout Uniform
- Arrange Voicings
- Respell Flats as Sharps
- Arrange Brass Voicings
- Rhythm Section Assistant
- Find Intervals From Keys
- Narrow Two Voices
- Print Folder of Scores
- Multirests and Empty Bars
- Respell Sharps as Flats
- Export Audio Score and Parts (updated 07 Mar 2014)
- Advanced Calculator (updated 07 Mar 2014)
- Find Note Arp Jazz Artic (updated 07 Mar 2014)
- Find Comments (updated 07 Mar 2014)
- Resize Bar (updated 07 Mar 2014)
- Filter Note Arpeggios Jazz Artic (updated 07 Mar 2014)
- Filter Comments (updated 07 Mar 2014)
- Filter With Deselect (updated 07 Mar 2014)
- Filter Chord and Legacy Symbols (updated 07 Mar 2014)
- Maximize or Minimize Comments (updated 07 Mar 2014)