- Music: Scoring a 9 out of 10 for the Upgraded Sibelius 7.5 Music Notation Software
- Music: Over 160 Improvements Now Available Free to Sibelius 7.5 Customers with Latest Update
- Music: Learn Why Composers and Arrangers Choose Avid Sibelius 7.5
- Music: Notation Software Compared—MakeMusic Finale vs. Avid Sibelius
- Music: Behind the Scenes with the Alabama Symphony Orchestra
- Behind the Scenes with Rick Smith from Underworld
- NAB 2014: Proven and Trusted Audio, Video, and Live Sound Creative Tools Await in the Artist Suite
- NAB 2014: Avid Everywhere—Delivering on Our Vision for the Media Industry
- Avid Connect 2014: Shaping Up to Become the Media Event of the Year
- Musikmesse 2014: Step Inside Our Booth at Messe 2014 (Photos)
Add Fingering To Notes
Added 20 Aug 2010 (last updated 07 Mar 2014)
For use with Sibelius 6, Sibelius 7.1 and Sibelius 7.5
Adds fingering numbers immediately to the left of noteheads. Type the numbers you want separating numbers with spaces or commas (or both). Numbers will be applied to selected notes in the order in which they were selected. For chords, notes are always processed from low to high pitch.
The fingering avoids accidentals if Magnetic Layout is on in Sibelius 6. You can adjust the horizontal and vertical offsets, and these values are remembered across Sibelius sessions.
Updated 22 August 2010. The original plugin is in the zip file renamed Add Fingering To Notes Sib 5, and it will run on Sib 5 or later. Add Fingering To Notes will now only run on Sib 6 or later, and the interface has changed so you see a keypad with numbers. Move the dialog so you can see the selected notes, then click a number button to add that number in fingering text to the next note in the selection.
Updated 23 August 2010. The Sib 5 plugin now allows you to specify the text style used for fingering. Some styles, like Expression, do not work well because their Magnetic Layout settings keep them out of the staff, so choose carefully. The Sib 6 version adds the ability to enter the fingering number 0.
Updated 12 September 2010. Many changes, including keyboard access to keypad for Mac users, ability to enter new text, including symbols as text. Added PDF document and helper plugin, Symbol As Text.
Updates 13 October, 2010 to fix bug involving clef changes in bar 1 of a score.
Updated 21 January 2011. Add delay loop at start for Mac users to drag Stop window off score, and fixes for custom text sets.
Updated 2 February 2011. Restored missing PDF file and Symbol As Text plugin. Moved Sib 5 plugin to its own entry in database.
Updated 13 April 2011. Minor bugfixes; also removed Load button and added Delete button to Options and rearranged keypad buttons,
Updated 11 May 2011. Added drop down list of text sets to keypad dialog. Note that in Windows, you can only scroll the drop down list using the mouse, not arrow keys, and that using it will reposition the dialog in the center of the screen. So it may or may not be helpful.
Updated 19 May 2011. Bug fixes; also now allow built-in text sets to be redefined and restored to default settings using Delete Custom.
- Download AddFingeringToNotes.zip (272K, downloaded 5874 times)
Plug-in written by Bob Zawalich.
- Accidentals (6) »
- Arrange (2) »
- Analysis (6) »
- Batch Processing (14) »
- Color (11) »
- Composing Tools (41) »
- Layout (42) »
- Menus and shortcuts (4) »
- Notes and rests (58) »
- Other (33) »
- Playback (22) »
- Proof-reading (8) »
- Text (80) »
- Navigation (14) »
- Filter and Find (40) »
- Chord Symbols (9) »
- Note Input (5) »
- Lines (10) »
- Simplify Notation (1) »
- Focus On Staves (2) »
- Comments (5) »
- Harp (12) »
- Transformations (7) »
- Hitpoints (3) »
- Guitar (5) »
- Banjo (3) »
- Selection (2) »
- Developers' Tools (11) »
- Engravers' Tools (11) »
- Tuplets (1) »
- Sight-impaired (6) »
Find plugins by Sibelius version
- Make Layout Uniform
- Arrange Voicings
- Arrange Brass Voicings
- Respell Flats as Sharps
- Rhythm Section Assistant
- Find Intervals From Keys
- Narrow Two Voices
- Multirests and Empty Bars
- Print Folder of Scores
- Extract Parts From Folder
- Open Selected Parts (updated 16 Sep 2014)
- Rehearsal Recordings (updated 12 Sep 2014)
- Paste Rhythm to Pitches (updated 09 Sep 2014)
- Decrease and Increase Dynamics (updated 09 Sep 2014)
- Delete Voices 1-4 (updated 09 Sep 2014)
- Apply series (updated 09 Sep 2014)
- Plugin Set (updated 01 Sep 2014)
- Merge Bars (updated 28 Aug 2014)
- Add Cresc Dim Lines (updated 24 Aug 2014)