Backup Plug-in for Developers
Added 09 Jun 2010 (last updated 27 Feb 2016)
For use with Sibelius 6, Sibelius 7.1, Sibelius 7.5 and Sibelius 8.x
This plug-in allows plug-in authors to create multiple backup snapshots throughout the plug-in development process. Snapshots are useful to have when recent code changes impair/break your plug-in, and you can't or don't wish to spend time fixing the newly introduced errors.
Thanks to Bob Zawalich for use of some code, concepts and variable names from his Export Each Staff as Audio plug-in.
Thanks to Roman Molino Dunn for Mac testing and suggestions on how to make the plug-in more user-friendly.
Updated 20 June 2010.
The .zip file now also includes a copy of Restore Plugin for Developers, by Bob Zawalich, which can restore plugins which have been backed up by Backup Plug-in for Developers.
A number of bugs in Backup Plug-in for Developers have been fixed:
* Fixed bug whereas Comment was not being checked for illegal characters.
* Comment allowable characters are now platform specific and less restrictive.
* Added new Options button and dialog to allow user to select preferred date format, time format and delimiter character (space or tilde).
* Made dialog box wider to allow more path text to be shown.
* Made this Plug-in compatible with the Restore Plug-In.
* Fixed bug whereas after 1st session plug in path was not properly retrieved for some users.
* Added a validation to ensure "File backup location" ends with a legal path separator. If missing, it is automatically added.
* Fixed a bug whereas the "Filename for backup field" was not initially displaying the correct information.
Updated 8 August 2011 for Sib 7 user file location compatibility
Updated 26 February 2016 to speed up file copying.
- Download BackupRestorePlugin.zip (23K, downloaded 977 times)
Plug-in written by Ed Hirschman / Bob Zawalich.
- Accidentals (7) »
- Arrange (2) »
- Analysis (6) »
- Batch Processing (17) »
- Color (12) »
- Composing Tools (42) »
- Layout (45) »
- Menus and shortcuts (4) »
- Notes and rests (64) »
- Other (37) »
- Playback (22) »
- Proof-reading (9) »
- Text (82) »
- Navigation (15) »
- Filter and Find (42) »
- Chord Symbols (9) »
- Note Input (5) »
- Lines (13) »
- Simplify Notation (1) »
- Focus On Staves (2) »
- Comments (5) »
- Harp (14) »
- Transformations (7) »
- Hitpoints (3) »
- Guitar (6) »
- Banjo (3) »
- Selection (3) »
- Developers' Tools (13) »
- Engravers' Tools (20) »
- Tuplets (2) »
- Sight-impaired (6) »