- Music: Scoring a 9 out of 10 for the Upgraded Sibelius 7.5 Music Notation Software
- Music: Over 160 Improvements Now Available Free to Sibelius 7.5 Customers with Latest Update
- Music: Learn Why Composers and Arrangers Choose Avid Sibelius 7.5
- Music: Notation Software Compared—MakeMusic Finale vs. Avid Sibelius
- Music: Behind the Scenes with the Alabama Symphony Orchestra
- Behind the Scenes with Rick Smith from Underworld
- NAB 2014: Proven and Trusted Audio, Video, and Live Sound Creative Tools Await in the Artist Suite
- NAB 2014: Avid Everywhere—Delivering on Our Vision for the Media Industry
- Avid Connect 2014: Shaping Up to Become the Media Event of the Year
- Musikmesse 2014: Step Inside Our Booth at Messe 2014 (Photos)
Color Harp Strings
Added 27 Apr 2009 (last updated 07 Mar 2014)
For use with Sibelius 5, Sibelius 6, Sibelius 7.1 and Sibelius 7.5
This zip file contains 2 plugins: Color Harp Strings and Pitch Spectrum for Harp. These plugins are different approaches to coloring notes that are on a harp\\\\\\\'s C strings (pitches Cb, C, and C#) Red, and those on the F strings (Fb, F, and F#) Blue. This is sometimes done for introductory harp music, though some harpists like it for all their scores.
This would be fairly simple to do except for the fact that Sibelius colors all notes in a chord the same color.
These plugins offer solutions that will work in some cases, and offer at least a starting point when they cannot do all the coloring.
*Color Harp Strings* will color notes that are not in chords or intervals. It will color (using the mechanism of Edit > Color) single notes of the desired pitches, but will not color the same pitches in a chord. Instead, it traces the location of such pitches so you can find them to hand color after printing.
If chords are broken up so that each chord tone is in a different voice (quite tedious), all the notes can be colored with this plugin. This plugin has no problem differentiating enharmonically equivalent pitches (C#/Db, Cb/B, etc).
*Pitch Spectrum for Harp* uses the Sibelius Pitch Spectrum feature, which can color chord tones separately, but will not differentiate among enharmonically equivalent pitches (C#/Db, Cb/B, C/B#, F#/Gb. etc.). These would be colored the same, which can be a problem in harp music, which often contains enharmonic pitches. The plugin looks to see if there are conflicts. If so, it offers a choice of coloring each pair of the equivalent notes or not.
This plugin can completely color music with chords if there are no enharmonic notes.
Be sure you understand how Pitch Spectrum works (check the Reference and the plugin Help) before using this plugin, or you may be surprised.
Pitch Spectrum for Harp will not work in Sibelius 6, which removed the Pitch Spectrum feature. It will still work in Sibelius 5. Color Harp Strings does work (with the same limitations) in Sibelius 5 and 6.
- Download ColorHarpStrings.zip (11K, downloaded 5612 times)
Plug-in written by Bob Zawalich.
- Accidentals (6) »
- Arrange (2) »
- Analysis (6) »
- Batch Processing (14) »
- Color (11) »
- Composing Tools (40) »
- Layout (42) »
- Menus and shortcuts (4) »
- Notes and rests (58) »
- Other (33) »
- Playback (22) »
- Proof-reading (8) »
- Text (80) »
- Navigation (14) »
- Filter and Find (40) »
- Chord Symbols (9) »
- Note Input (5) »
- Lines (10) »
- Simplify Notation (1) »
- Focus On Staves (2) »
- Comments (5) »
- Harp (12) »
- Transformations (7) »
- Hitpoints (3) »
- Guitar (5) »
- Banjo (3) »
- Selection (2) »
- Developers' Tools (11) »
- Engravers' Tools (11) »
- Tuplets (1) »
- Sight-impaired (6) »
Find plugins by Sibelius version
- Make Layout Uniform
- Arrange Voicings
- Arrange Brass Voicings
- Respell Flats as Sharps
- Rhythm Section Assistant
- Find Intervals From Keys
- Narrow Two Voices
- Multirests and Empty Bars
- Print Folder of Scores
- Extract Parts From Folder
- Plugin Set (added 01 Sep 2014)
- Cresc Dim Lines as Text (added 01 Sep 2014)
- Add Chord Notes Below Melody (added 11 Aug 2014)
- Paste Rhythm to Pitches (added 11 Aug 2014)
- Tidy Score (added 11 Aug 2014)
- Export Midi or Audio with Standardised Settings (added 11 Aug 2014)
- Format Tempo and Metronome Mark Text (added 03 Aug 2014)