- Get Involved with the Professionals Shaping the Landscape of our Work and Our Workflows
- Now Available—Avid Sibelius 7.5 Music Notation and Learning Software
- Top 5 Reasons to Attend Avid Connect
- Get Started Fast with Avid Sibelius 7.5: Lesson 5
- Sibelius is My Workhorse
- Nuanced, More Expressive Playback Features in Sibelius 7.5
- Get Started Fast with Avid Sibelius 7.5: Lesson 4
- Get Started Fast with Avid Sibelius 7.5: Lesson 3
- Everything You Need to Know About Joining the ACA and Attending Avid Connect—Now Live
- Get Started Fast with Avid Sibelius 7.5: Lesson 2
Color Harp Strings
Added 27 Apr 2009 (last updated 07 Mar 2014)
For use with Sibelius 5, Sibelius 6, Sibelius 7.1 and Sibelius 7.5
This zip file contains 2 plugins: Color Harp Strings and Pitch Spectrum for Harp. These plugins are different approaches to coloring notes that are on a harp\\\\\\\'s C strings (pitches Cb, C, and C#) Red, and those on the F strings (Fb, F, and F#) Blue. This is sometimes done for introductory harp music, though some harpists like it for all their scores.
This would be fairly simple to do except for the fact that Sibelius colors all notes in a chord the same color.
These plugins offer solutions that will work in some cases, and offer at least a starting point when they cannot do all the coloring.
*Color Harp Strings* will color notes that are not in chords or intervals. It will color (using the mechanism of Edit > Color) single notes of the desired pitches, but will not color the same pitches in a chord. Instead, it traces the location of such pitches so you can find them to hand color after printing.
If chords are broken up so that each chord tone is in a different voice (quite tedious), all the notes can be colored with this plugin. This plugin has no problem differentiating enharmonically equivalent pitches (C#/Db, Cb/B, etc).
*Pitch Spectrum for Harp* uses the Sibelius Pitch Spectrum feature, which can color chord tones separately, but will not differentiate among enharmonically equivalent pitches (C#/Db, Cb/B, C/B#, F#/Gb. etc.). These would be colored the same, which can be a problem in harp music, which often contains enharmonic pitches. The plugin looks to see if there are conflicts. If so, it offers a choice of coloring each pair of the equivalent notes or not.
This plugin can completely color music with chords if there are no enharmonic notes.
Be sure you understand how Pitch Spectrum works (check the Reference and the plugin Help) before using this plugin, or you may be surprised.
Pitch Spectrum for Harp will not work in Sibelius 6, which removed the Pitch Spectrum feature. It will still work in Sibelius 5. Color Harp Strings does work (with the same limitations) in Sibelius 5 and 6.
- Download ColorHarpStrings.zip (11K, downloaded 5080 times)
Plug-in written by Bob Zawalich.
- Accidentals (6) »
- Arrange (2) »
- Analysis (6) »
- Batch Processing (13) »
- Color (11) »
- Composing Tools (39) »
- Layout (38) »
- Menus and shortcuts (4) »
- Notes and rests (55) »
- Other (33) »
- Playback (22) »
- Proof-reading (8) »
- Text (76) »
- Navigation (13) »
- Filter and Find (38) »
- Chord Symbols (9) »
- Note Input (5) »
- Lines (10) »
- Simplify Notation (1) »
- Focus On Staves (2) »
- Comments (4) »
- Harp (12) »
- Transformations (7) »
- Hitpoints (3) »
- Guitar (5) »
- Banjo (3) »
- Selection (2) »
- Developers' Tools (11) »
- Engravers' Tools (11) »
- Tuplets (1) »
Find plugins by Sibelius version
- Make Layout Uniform
- Arrange Voicings
- Respell Flats as Sharps
- Arrange Brass Voicings
- Rhythm Section Assistant
- Find Intervals From Keys
- Narrow Two Voices
- Print Folder of Scores
- Multirests and Empty Bars
- Respell Sharps as Flats
- Export Audio Score and Parts (updated 07 Mar 2014)
- Advanced Calculator (updated 07 Mar 2014)
- Find Note Arp Jazz Artic (updated 07 Mar 2014)
- Find Comments (updated 07 Mar 2014)
- Resize Bar (updated 07 Mar 2014)
- Filter Note Arpeggios Jazz Artic (updated 07 Mar 2014)
- Filter Comments (updated 07 Mar 2014)
- Filter With Deselect (updated 07 Mar 2014)
- Filter Chord and Legacy Symbols (updated 07 Mar 2014)
- Maximize or Minimize Comments (updated 07 Mar 2014)