- Avid posts series of technical help videos for Sibelius
- Sibelius online and in-person training courses by Mike Klinger, summer 2013
- Sibelius training sessions in California and Colorado in July 2013
- First look at the new Bravura music font used in Sibelius
- Best interview of the year
- Finale, Sibelius, and knockouts
- New and updated plug-ins, part 2
- Sibelius workshop for teachers June 1 in South Africa
- New and updated plug-ins, part 1
- Setting up Vienna Ensemble Pro 5 with Sibelius 7
Respell Uncommon Accidentals
Added 01 Aug 2005 (last updated 24 Jun 2012)
For use with Sibelius 3.x, Sibelius 4, Sibelius 4.1, Sibelius 5, Sibelius 6 and Sibelius 7
Respell Uncommon Accidentals respells certain accidentals that are avoided in some musical styles. It will find and respell B# to C, E# to F, Cb to B and Fb to E. It can also respell double and triple accidentals. It assumes you know what you are doing in running it, and makes no judgments, but the author would like to remind the user that there are many musical situations where an E# is perfectly appropriate, and using this plug-in would produce incorrect musical notation.
You can run the Mark Enharmonic Pitches plug-in if you just want to know if you have these kinds of pitches in your score.
New in version 1.3:
- This version shows both consecutive and displayed bar numbers in Sibelius 4, and has a new option to locate (write to text file or trace window) uncommon accidentals without changing the score.
- Download RespellUncommonAccidentals.zip (14K, downloaded 18480 times)
Plug-in written by Bob Zawalich.
Hide Specific Accidentals
Added 05 Dec 2008 (last updated 23 Jun 2012)
For use with Sibelius 5, Sibelius 6 and Sibelius 7
This plugin hides accidentals on selected notes with the specified pitches in any octave. It may be useful when you are simulating an unconventional key signature.
You can also unhide accidentals, which will restore their original unhidden state, but this will also restore any accidentals in the selection that were hidden manually.
Updated 24 August 2011 to tidy up the main dialog.
- Download HideSpecificAccidentals.zip (4K, downloaded 2735 times)
Plug-in written by Bob Zawalich.
- Arrange (2) »
- Analysis (4) »
- Batch Processing (7) »
- Color (9) »
- Composing Tools (14) »
- Layout (30) »
- Menus and shortcuts (2) »
- Notes and rests (40) »
- Other (24) »
- Playback (17) »
- Proof-reading (2) »
- Text (48) »
- Navigation (12) »
- Filter and Find (34) »
- Chord Symbols (8) »
- Note Input (4) »
- Lines (10) »
- Simplify Notation (1) »
- Focus On Staves (2) »
- Comments (4) »
- Harp (12) »
- Transformations (11) »
- Hitpoints (2) »
- Guitar (5) »
- Banjo (3) »
- Selection (2) »
- Developers' Tools (10) »
- Engravers' Tools (6) »
Find plugins by Sibelius version
- Make Layout Uniform
- Respell Flats as Sharps
- Arrange Voicings
- Arrange Brass Voicings
- Respell Uncommon Accidentals
- Rhythm Section Assistant
- Find Intervals From Keys
- Print Folder of Scores
- Narrow Two Voices
- Respell Sharps as Flats
No plug-ins added in the last 30 days.
- Multiply Dynamics (updated 10 Jun 2013)
- Add LV Symbols to Notes (updated 29 May 2013)
- Decrease and Increase Dynamics (updated 23 May 2013)
- Unfilter Selection and Unfilter Selection Whole Bars (updated 23 May 2013)