Extend Slur / Extend Hairpin
Added 19 Mar 2009 (last updated 07 Mar 2014)
For use with Sibelius 4, Sibelius 4.1, Sibelius 5, Sibelius 6, Sibelius 7.1 and Sibelius 7.5
This plugin finds the line (usually a slur) that *ends* closest to the first selected note in each voice of the selection, and extends it to the note. The line must be attached to the same staff as the selected note(s). The line must either match the voice of the note or be set to \\\"all voices\\\".
If more than one line ends at the same point, the plugin will choose the one that started first, which tends to extend the outside slur when there are nested slurs.
The intended use is during note input, to extend an existing slur to cover recently added notes without leaving note input mode. It is useful to assign a keyboard shortcut to this plugin.
If the plugin is run with no selected notes or (non bar) rests, a dialog will appear to allow you to choose a different type of line to be extended (such as hairpins). To actually extend a line, close the dialog, select a note, and run the plugin again.
You may have to adjust the endpoint of lines other than slurs.
Extend Hairpin is also included in the .zip file. It is essentially the same plugin but defaults to finding Hairpins instead of Slurs.
- Download ExtendSlurAndHairpin.zip (9K, downloaded 7170 times)
Plug-in written by Bob Zawalich.
- Accidentals (3) »
- Arrange (2) »
- Analysis (1) »
- Batch Processing (3) »
- Color (7) »
- Composing Tools (12) »
- Layout (4) »
- Menus and shortcuts (2) »
- Notes and rests (13) »
- Other (11) »
- Playback (5) »
- Proof-reading (2) »
- Text (26) »
- Navigation (1) »
- Filter and Find (1) »
- Chord Symbols (1) »
- Hitpoints (1) »
- Developers' Tools (1) »
Find plugins by Sibelius version
- Make Layout Uniform
- Arrange Voicings
- Arrange Brass Voicings
- Respell Flats as Sharps
- Rhythm Section Assistant
- Find Intervals From Keys
- Narrow Two Voices
- Multirests and Empty Bars
- Print Folder of Scores
- Extract Parts From Folder
No plug-ins added in the last 30 days.
- Run Plugins By Name (updated 07 Nov 2014)
- Note Spacing (updated 05 Nov 2014)
- German Chord Names (updated 29 Oct 2014)
- French Chord Names (updated 29 Oct 2014)
- Position Rehearsal Marks (updated 29 Oct 2014)
- Add Fingering To Notes (updated 26 Oct 2014)
- Add Circled Number Symbols To Notes (updated 26 Oct 2014)
- Focus Set (updated 26 Oct 2014)