Extend Slur / Extend Hairpin
Added 19 Mar 2009 (last updated 07 Mar 2014)
For use with Sibelius 4, Sibelius 4.1, Sibelius 5, Sibelius 6, Sibelius 7.1 and Sibelius 7.5
This plugin finds the line (usually a slur) that *ends* closest to the first selected note in each voice of the selection, and extends it to the note. The line must be attached to the same staff as the selected note(s). The line must either match the voice of the note or be set to \\\"all voices\\\".
If more than one line ends at the same point, the plugin will choose the one that started first, which tends to extend the outside slur when there are nested slurs.
The intended use is during note input, to extend an existing slur to cover recently added notes without leaving note input mode. It is useful to assign a keyboard shortcut to this plugin.
If the plugin is run with no selected notes or (non bar) rests, a dialog will appear to allow you to choose a different type of line to be extended (such as hairpins). To actually extend a line, close the dialog, select a note, and run the plugin again.
You may have to adjust the endpoint of lines other than slurs.
Extend Hairpin is also included in the .zip file. It is essentially the same plugin but defaults to finding Hairpins instead of Slurs.
- Download ExtendSlurAndHairpin.zip (9K, downloaded 7607 times)
Plug-in written by Bob Zawalich.
- Accidentals (3) »
- Arrange (2) »
- Analysis (1) »
- Batch Processing (3) »
- Color (7) »
- Composing Tools (12) »
- Layout (4) »
- Menus and shortcuts (2) »
- Notes and rests (13) »
- Other (11) »
- Playback (5) »
- Proof-reading (2) »
- Text (26) »
- Navigation (1) »
- Filter and Find (1) »
- Chord Symbols (1) »
- Hitpoints (1) »
- Developers' Tools (1) »
Find plugins by Sibelius version
- Make Layout Uniform
- Pitch Spectrum
- Arrange Voicings
- Arrange Brass Voicings
- Respell Flats as Sharps
- Rhythm Section Assistant
- Find Intervals From Keys
- Narrow Two Voices
- Multirests and Empty Bars
- Print Folder of Scores
- Repeated Dynamics Text (added 28 Mar 2015)
- Plugin Set (updated 25 Apr 2015)
- Tin Whistle Fingering (updated 23 Apr 2015)
- Export Audio With Count-In (updated 21 Apr 2015)
- Locate Colored Objects (updated 07 Apr 2015)
- Color Enharmonic Pitches (updated 07 Apr 2015)
- Repeated Dynamics Text (updated 03 Apr 2015)
- Position Rehearsal Marks (updated 30 Mar 2015)