Extend Slur / Extend Hairpin
Added 19 Mar 2009 (last updated 07 Mar 2014)
For use with Sibelius 4, Sibelius 4.1, Sibelius 5, Sibelius 6, Sibelius 7.1 and Sibelius 7.5
This plugin finds the line (usually a slur) that *ends* closest to the first selected note in each voice of the selection, and extends it to the note. The line must be attached to the same staff as the selected note(s). The line must either match the voice of the note or be set to \\\"all voices\\\".
If more than one line ends at the same point, the plugin will choose the one that started first, which tends to extend the outside slur when there are nested slurs.
The intended use is during note input, to extend an existing slur to cover recently added notes without leaving note input mode. It is useful to assign a keyboard shortcut to this plugin.
If the plugin is run with no selected notes or (non bar) rests, a dialog will appear to allow you to choose a different type of line to be extended (such as hairpins). To actually extend a line, close the dialog, select a note, and run the plugin again.
You may have to adjust the endpoint of lines other than slurs.
Extend Hairpin is also included in the .zip file. It is essentially the same plugin but defaults to finding Hairpins instead of Slurs.
- Download ExtendSlurAndHairpin.zip (9K, downloaded 7463 times)
Plug-in written by Bob Zawalich.
- Accidentals (3) »
- Arrange (2) »
- Analysis (1) »
- Batch Processing (3) »
- Color (7) »
- Composing Tools (12) »
- Layout (4) »
- Menus and shortcuts (2) »
- Notes and rests (13) »
- Other (11) »
- Playback (5) »
- Proof-reading (2) »
- Text (26) »
- Navigation (1) »
- Filter and Find (1) »
- Chord Symbols (1) »
- Hitpoints (1) »
- Developers' Tools (1) »
Find plugins by Sibelius version
- Make Layout Uniform
- Pitch Spectrum
- Arrange Voicings
- Arrange Brass Voicings
- Respell Flats as Sharps
- Rhythm Section Assistant
- Find Intervals From Keys
- Narrow Two Voices
- Multirests and Empty Bars
- Print Folder of Scores
- Scale Notehead Sizes (added 03 Mar 2015)
- Scale Notehead Sizes (updated 05 Mar 2015)
- Change Text Accidental Size (updated 27 Feb 2015)
- Harp Gliss Pitches (updated 20 Feb 2015)
- Color Harp Strings (updated 20 Feb 2015)
- Are Your Plugins Up-To-Date? (updated 18 Feb 2015)
- Map Pages (updated 17 Feb 2015)
- Create Add Text Plugin (updated 15 Feb 2015)
- Replace Color (updated 14 Feb 2015)
- Apply Color To Text In Style (updated 14 Feb 2015)
- Apply Named Color (updated 14 Feb 2015)