- Music: Over 160 Improvements Now Available Free to Sibelius 7.5 Customers with Latest Update
- Music: Learn Why Composers and Arrangers Choose Avid Sibelius 7.5
- Music: Notation Software Compared—MakeMusic Finale vs. Avid Sibelius
- Music: Behind the Scenes with the Alabama Symphony Orchestra
- Behind the Scenes with Rick Smith from Underworld
- NAB 2014: Proven and Trusted Audio, Video, and Live Sound Creative Tools Await in the Artist Suite
- NAB 2014: Avid Everywhere—Delivering on Our Vision for the Media Industry
- Avid Connect: Shaping Up to Become the Media Event of the Year
- Musikmesse 2014: Step Inside Our Booth at Messe 2014 (Photos)
- Musikmesse 2014: Avid Main Stage Demonstration Schedule
Extend Slur / Extend Hairpin
Added 19 Mar 2009 (last updated 07 Mar 2014)
For use with Sibelius 4, Sibelius 4.1, Sibelius 5, Sibelius 6, Sibelius 7.1 and Sibelius 7.5
This plugin finds the line (usually a slur) that *ends* closest to the first selected note in each voice of the selection, and extends it to the note. The line must be attached to the same staff as the selected note(s). The line must either match the voice of the note or be set to \\\"all voices\\\".
If more than one line ends at the same point, the plugin will choose the one that started first, which tends to extend the outside slur when there are nested slurs.
The intended use is during note input, to extend an existing slur to cover recently added notes without leaving note input mode. It is useful to assign a keyboard shortcut to this plugin.
If the plugin is run with no selected notes or (non bar) rests, a dialog will appear to allow you to choose a different type of line to be extended (such as hairpins). To actually extend a line, close the dialog, select a note, and run the plugin again.
You may have to adjust the endpoint of lines other than slurs.
Extend Hairpin is also included in the .zip file. It is essentially the same plugin but defaults to finding Hairpins instead of Slurs.
- Download ExtendSlurAndHairpin.zip (9K, downloaded 6826 times)
Plug-in written by Bob Zawalich.
- Accidentals (3) »
- Arrange (2) »
- Analysis (1) »
- Batch Processing (3) »
- Color (7) »
- Composing Tools (12) »
- Layout (4) »
- Menus and shortcuts (2) »
- Notes and rests (13) »
- Other (11) »
- Playback (5) »
- Proof-reading (2) »
- Text (26) »
- Navigation (1) »
- Filter and Find (1) »
- Chord Symbols (1) »
- Hitpoints (1) »
- Developers' Tools (1) »
Find plugins by Sibelius version
- Make Layout Uniform
- Arrange Voicings
- Arrange Brass Voicings
- Respell Flats as Sharps
- Rhythm Section Assistant
- Find Intervals From Keys
- Narrow Two Voices
- Multirests and Empty Bars
- Print Folder of Scores
- Extract Parts From Folder