- Get Involved with the Professionals Shaping the Landscape of our Work and Our Workflows
- Now Available—Avid Sibelius 7.5 Music Notation and Learning Software
- Top 5 Reasons to Attend Avid Connect
- Get Started Fast with Avid Sibelius 7.5: Lesson 5
- Sibelius is My Workhorse
- Nuanced, More Expressive Playback Features in Sibelius 7.5
- Get Started Fast with Avid Sibelius 7.5: Lesson 4
- Get Started Fast with Avid Sibelius 7.5: Lesson 3
- Everything You Need to Know About Joining the ACA and Attending Avid Connect—Now Live
- Get Started Fast with Avid Sibelius 7.5: Lesson 2
Respell Uncommon Accidentals
Added 01 Aug 2005 (last updated 07 Mar 2014)
For use with Sibelius 3.x, Sibelius 4, Sibelius 4.1, Sibelius 5, Sibelius 6, Sibelius 7.1 and Sibelius 7.5
Respell Uncommon Accidentals respells certain accidentals that are avoided in some musical styles. It will find and respell B# to C, E# to F, Cb to B and Fb to E. It can also respell double and triple accidentals. It assumes you know what you are doing in running it, and makes no judgments, but the author would like to remind the user that there are many musical situations where an E# is perfectly appropriate, and using this plug-in would produce incorrect musical notation.
You can run the Mark Enharmonic Pitches plug-in if you just want to know if you have these kinds of pitches in your score.
New in version 1.3:
- This version shows both consecutive and displayed bar numbers in Sibelius 4, and has a new option to locate (write to text file or trace window) uncommon accidentals without changing the score.
Updated 25 Feb 2014 to fix endless loop when processing written names in transposing instruments. Changed some dialog defaults.
- Download RespellUncommonAccidentals.zip (16K, downloaded 205 times)
Plug-in written by Bob Zawalich.
Hide Specific Accidentals
Added 05 Dec 2008 (last updated 07 Mar 2014)
For use with Sibelius 5, Sibelius 6, Sibelius 7.1 and Sibelius 7.5
This plugin hides accidentals on selected notes with the specified pitches in any octave. It may be useful when you are simulating an unconventional key signature.
You can also unhide accidentals, which will restore their original unhidden state, but this will also restore any accidentals in the selection that were hidden manually.
Updated 24 August 2011 to tidy up the main dialog.
- Download HideSpecificAccidentals.zip (4K, downloaded 3860 times)
Plug-in written by Bob Zawalich.
- Arrange (2) »
- Analysis (2) »
- Batch Processing (2) »
- Color (8) »
- Composing Tools (16) »
- Layout (12) »
- Menus and shortcuts (2) »
- Notes and rests (25) »
- Other (17) »
- Playback (4) »
- Proof-reading (4) »
- Text (29) »
- Navigation (7) »
- Filter and Find (20) »
- Chord Symbols (2) »
- Note Input (4) »
- Lines (3) »
- Focus On Staves (2) »
- Harp (7) »
- Hitpoints (1) »
- Guitar (3) »
- Developers' Tools (3) »
Find plugins by Sibelius version
- Make Layout Uniform
- Arrange Voicings
- Respell Flats as Sharps
- Arrange Brass Voicings
- Rhythm Section Assistant
- Find Intervals From Keys
- Narrow Two Voices
- Print Folder of Scores
- Multirests and Empty Bars
- Respell Sharps as Flats
- Export Audio Score and Parts (updated 07 Mar 2014)
- Advanced Calculator (updated 07 Mar 2014)
- Find Note Arp Jazz Artic (updated 07 Mar 2014)
- Find Comments (updated 07 Mar 2014)
- Resize Bar (updated 07 Mar 2014)
- Filter Note Arpeggios Jazz Artic (updated 07 Mar 2014)
- Filter Comments (updated 07 Mar 2014)
- Filter With Deselect (updated 07 Mar 2014)
- Filter Chord and Legacy Symbols (updated 07 Mar 2014)
- Maximize or Minimize Comments (updated 07 Mar 2014)