- Music: Over 160 Improvements Now Available Free to Sibelius 7.5 Customers with Latest Update
- Music: Learn Why Composers and Arrangers Choose Avid Sibelius 7.5
- Music: Notation Software Compared—MakeMusic Finale vs. Avid Sibelius
- Music: Behind the Scenes with the Alabama Symphony Orchestra
- Behind the Scenes with Rick Smith from Underworld
- NAB 2014: Proven and Trusted Audio, Video, and Live Sound Creative Tools Await in the Artist Suite
- NAB 2014: Avid Everywhere—Delivering on Our Vision for the Media Industry
- Avid Connect: Shaping Up to Become the Media Event of the Year
- Musikmesse 2014: Step Inside Our Booth at Messe 2014 (Photos)
- Musikmesse 2014: Avid Main Stage Demonstration Schedule
Respell Uncommon Accidentals
Added 01 Aug 2005 (last updated 07 Mar 2014)
For use with Sibelius 3.x, Sibelius 4, Sibelius 4.1, Sibelius 5, Sibelius 6, Sibelius 7.1 and Sibelius 7.5
Respell Uncommon Accidentals respells certain accidentals that are avoided in some musical styles. It will find and respell B# to C, E# to F, Cb to B and Fb to E. It can also respell double and triple accidentals. It assumes you know what you are doing in running it, and makes no judgments, but the author would like to remind the user that there are many musical situations where an E# is perfectly appropriate, and using this plug-in would produce incorrect musical notation.
You can run the Mark Enharmonic Pitches plug-in if you just want to know if you have these kinds of pitches in your score.
New in version 1.3:
- This version shows both consecutive and displayed bar numbers in Sibelius 4, and has a new option to locate (write to text file or trace window) uncommon accidentals without changing the score.
Updated 25 Feb 2014 to fix endless loop when processing written names in transposing instruments. Changed some dialog defaults.
- Download RespellUncommonAccidentals.zip (16K, downloaded 1225 times)
Plug-in written by Bob Zawalich.
Hide Specific Accidentals
Added 05 Dec 2008 (last updated 18 May 2014)
For use with Sibelius 5, Sibelius 6, Sibelius 7.1 and Sibelius 7.5
This plugin hides accidentals on selected notes with the specified pitches in any octave. It may be useful when you are simulating an unconventional key signature.
You can also unhide accidentals, which will restore their original unhidden state, but this will also restore any accidentals in the selection that were hidden manually.
Updated 24 August 2011 to tidy up the main dialog.
Updated 18 May 2014 to allow hiding only visible accidentals (Sibelius 7.1.3 and later only)
- Download HideSpecificAccidentals.zip (5K, downloaded 432 times)
Plug-in written by Bob Zawalich.
- Arrange (2) »
- Analysis (2) »
- Batch Processing (2) »
- Color (8) »
- Composing Tools (16) »
- Layout (12) »
- Menus and shortcuts (2) »
- Notes and rests (25) »
- Other (17) »
- Playback (4) »
- Proof-reading (4) »
- Text (29) »
- Navigation (7) »
- Filter and Find (20) »
- Chord Symbols (2) »
- Note Input (4) »
- Lines (3) »
- Focus On Staves (2) »
- Harp (7) »
- Hitpoints (1) »
- Guitar (3) »
- Developers' Tools (3) »
Find plugins by Sibelius version
- Make Layout Uniform
- Arrange Voicings
- Arrange Brass Voicings
- Respell Flats as Sharps
- Rhythm Section Assistant
- Find Intervals From Keys
- Narrow Two Voices
- Multirests and Empty Bars
- Print Folder of Scores
- Extract Parts From Folder