Added 01 Aug 2005 (last updated 17 Mar 2008)
For use with Sibelius 2.x
This plug-in allows Sibelius to play back mordents and turns.
To use the plug-in, select the note (or notes) to which you want to add an ornament, and then choose File > Plug-ins > Playback > Ornament Playback. A simple dialog will appear, with the following options:
- Mordent or Turn: allows you to choose the type of ornament you wish to add
- Lower: produces an inverted ornament
- Chromatic: produces a chromatic ornament; when this option is switched off, the ornament produced is diatonic
- At end of note: intended for turns only, this option makes Sibelius insert the turn at the end of the selected note (i.e. just before the following note)
- Add symbol: this option adds the appropriate symbol for the ornament above the selected note (or notes).
When you have chosen the desired options, click OK, and appropriate MIDI messages are added to your score (switch on View > Hidden Objects to see them).
Note that playback of turns is implemented by inserting pitch bend messages (to alter the pitch of the first note of the turn, i.e. to raise it or lower it from the written pitch), so if any other instruments are sharing the same MIDI channel as the instrument playing the ornament, the pitches played by those instruments will also be affected.
For Sibelius 5, use the shipping version of this plugin.
- Download OrnamentPlayback.zip (3K, downloaded 8323 times)
Plug-in written by Sibelius Software Ltd..
Find plugins by Sibelius version
- Make Layout Uniform
- Pitch Spectrum
- Arrange Voicings
- Arrange Brass Voicings
- Respell Flats as Sharps
- Rhythm Section Assistant
- Find Intervals From Keys
- Narrow Two Voices
- Multirests and Empty Bars
- Print Folder of Scores
- Scale Notehead Sizes (added 03 Mar 2015)
- Scale Notehead Sizes (updated 04 Mar 2015)
- Change Text Accidental Size (updated 27 Feb 2015)
- Harp Gliss Pitches (updated 20 Feb 2015)
- Color Harp Strings (updated 20 Feb 2015)
- Are Your Plugins Up-To-Date? (updated 18 Feb 2015)
- Map Pages (updated 17 Feb 2015)
- Create Add Text Plugin (updated 15 Feb 2015)
- Replace Color (updated 14 Feb 2015)
- Apply Color To Text In Style (updated 14 Feb 2015)
- Apply Named Color (updated 14 Feb 2015)