- Get Involved with the Professionals Shaping the Landscape of our Work and Our Workflows
- Now Available—Avid Sibelius 7.5 Music Notation and Learning Software
- Top 5 Reasons to Attend Avid Connect
- Get Started Fast with Avid Sibelius 7.5: Lesson 5
- Sibelius is My Workhorse
- Nuanced, More Expressive Playback Features in Sibelius 7.5
- Get Started Fast with Avid Sibelius 7.5: Lesson 4
- Get Started Fast with Avid Sibelius 7.5: Lesson 3
- Everything You Need to Know About Joining the ACA and Attending Avid Connect—Now Live
- Get Started Fast with Avid Sibelius 7.5: Lesson 2
Added 01 Aug 2005 (last updated 17 Mar 2008)
For use with Sibelius 2.x
This plug-in allows Sibelius to play back mordents and turns.
To use the plug-in, select the note (or notes) to which you want to add an ornament, and then choose File > Plug-ins > Playback > Ornament Playback. A simple dialog will appear, with the following options:
- Mordent or Turn: allows you to choose the type of ornament you wish to add
- Lower: produces an inverted ornament
- Chromatic: produces a chromatic ornament; when this option is switched off, the ornament produced is diatonic
- At end of note: intended for turns only, this option makes Sibelius insert the turn at the end of the selected note (i.e. just before the following note)
- Add symbol: this option adds the appropriate symbol for the ornament above the selected note (or notes).
When you have chosen the desired options, click OK, and appropriate MIDI messages are added to your score (switch on View > Hidden Objects to see them).
Note that playback of turns is implemented by inserting pitch bend messages (to alter the pitch of the first note of the turn, i.e. to raise it or lower it from the written pitch), so if any other instruments are sharing the same MIDI channel as the instrument playing the ornament, the pitches played by those instruments will also be affected.
For Sibelius 5, use the shipping version of this plugin.
- Download OrnamentPlayback.zip (3K, downloaded 7663 times)
Plug-in written by Sibelius Software Ltd..
Find plugins by Sibelius version
- Make Layout Uniform
- Arrange Voicings
- Respell Flats as Sharps
- Arrange Brass Voicings
- Rhythm Section Assistant
- Find Intervals From Keys
- Narrow Two Voices
- Print Folder of Scores
- Multirests and Empty Bars
- Respell Sharps as Flats
- Export Audio Score and Parts (updated 07 Mar 2014)
- Advanced Calculator (updated 07 Mar 2014)
- Find Note Arp Jazz Artic (updated 07 Mar 2014)
- Find Comments (updated 07 Mar 2014)
- Resize Bar (updated 07 Mar 2014)
- Filter Note Arpeggios Jazz Artic (updated 07 Mar 2014)
- Filter Comments (updated 07 Mar 2014)
- Filter With Deselect (updated 07 Mar 2014)
- Filter Chord and Legacy Symbols (updated 07 Mar 2014)
- Maximize or Minimize Comments (updated 07 Mar 2014)