- Music: Over 160 Improvements Now Available Free to Sibelius 7.5 Customers with Latest Update
- Music: Learn Why Composers and Arrangers Choose Avid Sibelius 7.5
- Music: Notation Software Compared—MakeMusic Finale vs. Avid Sibelius
- Music: Behind the Scenes with the Alabama Symphony Orchestra
- Behind the Scenes with Rick Smith from Underworld
- NAB 2014: Proven and Trusted Audio, Video, and Live Sound Creative Tools Await in the Artist Suite
- NAB 2014: Avid Everywhere—Delivering on Our Vision for the Media Industry
- Avid Connect: Shaping Up to Become the Media Event of the Year
- Musikmesse 2014: Step Inside Our Booth at Messe 2014 (Photos)
- Musikmesse 2014: Avid Main Stage Demonstration Schedule
Added 01 Aug 2005 (last updated 17 Mar 2008)
For use with Sibelius 2.x
This plug-in allows Sibelius to play back mordents and turns.
To use the plug-in, select the note (or notes) to which you want to add an ornament, and then choose File > Plug-ins > Playback > Ornament Playback. A simple dialog will appear, with the following options:
- Mordent or Turn: allows you to choose the type of ornament you wish to add
- Lower: produces an inverted ornament
- Chromatic: produces a chromatic ornament; when this option is switched off, the ornament produced is diatonic
- At end of note: intended for turns only, this option makes Sibelius insert the turn at the end of the selected note (i.e. just before the following note)
- Add symbol: this option adds the appropriate symbol for the ornament above the selected note (or notes).
When you have chosen the desired options, click OK, and appropriate MIDI messages are added to your score (switch on View > Hidden Objects to see them).
Note that playback of turns is implemented by inserting pitch bend messages (to alter the pitch of the first note of the turn, i.e. to raise it or lower it from the written pitch), so if any other instruments are sharing the same MIDI channel as the instrument playing the ornament, the pitches played by those instruments will also be affected.
For Sibelius 5, use the shipping version of this plugin.
- Download OrnamentPlayback.zip (3K, downloaded 7934 times)
Plug-in written by Sibelius Software Ltd..
Find plugins by Sibelius version
- Make Layout Uniform
- Arrange Voicings
- Arrange Brass Voicings
- Respell Flats as Sharps
- Rhythm Section Assistant
- Find Intervals From Keys
- Narrow Two Voices
- Multirests and Empty Bars
- Print Folder of Scores
- Extract Parts From Folder