- New and updated plug-ins, part 2
- Sibelius workshop for teachers June 1 in South Africa
- New and updated plug-ins, part 1
- Setting up Vienna Ensemble Pro 5 with Sibelius 7
- 2 new plug-ins: Retract Line Ends and Replace Symbol
- Joseph Trapanese scores “Oblivion” in Sibelius
- Scorch updated for compatibility with Chrome for Windows
- Read the friendly manual
- Making 2-up PDFs in Sibelius 7
- 5 plug-ins to help with proof-reading
Added 01 Aug 2005 (last updated 17 Mar 2008)
For use with Sibelius 2.x
This plug-in allows Sibelius to play back mordents and turns.
To use the plug-in, select the note (or notes) to which you want to add an ornament, and then choose File > Plug-ins > Playback > Ornament Playback. A simple dialog will appear, with the following options:
- Mordent or Turn: allows you to choose the type of ornament you wish to add
- Lower: produces an inverted ornament
- Chromatic: produces a chromatic ornament; when this option is switched off, the ornament produced is diatonic
- At end of note: intended for turns only, this option makes Sibelius insert the turn at the end of the selected note (i.e. just before the following note)
- Add symbol: this option adds the appropriate symbol for the ornament above the selected note (or notes).
When you have chosen the desired options, click OK, and appropriate MIDI messages are added to your score (switch on View > Hidden Objects to see them).
Note that playback of turns is implemented by inserting pitch bend messages (to alter the pitch of the first note of the turn, i.e. to raise it or lower it from the written pitch), so if any other instruments are sharing the same MIDI channel as the instrument playing the ornament, the pitches played by those instruments will also be affected.
For Sibelius 5, use the shipping version of this plugin.
- Download OrnamentPlayback.zip (3K, downloaded 7137 times)
Plug-in written by Sibelius Software Ltd..
Find plugins by Sibelius version
- Make Layout Uniform
- Respell Flats as Sharps
- Arrange Voicings
- Arrange Brass Voicings
- Respell Uncommon Accidentals
- Rhythm Section Assistant
- Find Intervals From Keys
- Print Folder of Scores
- Narrow Two Voices
- Respell Sharps as Flats
- Bracket Notes (added 16 May 2013)
- Unfilter Selection and Unfilter Selection Whole Bars (added 14 May 2013)
- Respell Chord Symbols (added 09 May 2013)
- Remove Duplicate Pitches (added 05 May 2013)
- Replace Symbol (added 25 Apr 2013)
- Decrease and Increase Dynamics (updated 23 May 2013)
- Unfilter Selection and Unfilter Selection Whole Bars (updated 23 May 2013)
- Add LV Symbols to Notes (updated 19 May 2013)
- Bracket Notes (updated 16 May 2013)
- Move or Copy to Another Voice (updated 14 May 2013)
- Multiply Dynamics (updated 14 May 2013)
- Delete Voices 1-4 (updated 14 May 2013)
- Replace Symbol (updated 02 May 2013)