- New and updated plug-ins, part 1
- Setting up Vienna Ensemble Pro 5 with Sibelius 7
- 2 new plug-ins: Retract Line Ends and Replace Symbol
- Joseph Trapanese scores “Oblivion” in Sibelius
- Scorch updated for compatibility with Chrome for Windows
- Read the friendly manual
- Making 2-up PDFs in Sibelius 7
- 5 plug-ins to help with proof-reading
- New plug-in: Rhythm Paste
- New plug-in: Add Interval
Virtual Drumline 2.5
The world's most powerful marching and concert percussion software instrument, featuring the world-champion Santa Clara Vanguard percussion section
An entire percussion ensemble at your fingertips
Virtual Drumline™ has made its mark as the industry standard for marching and concert percussion sounds. Composers, percussionists, studio musicians, and educators alike will discover a sonic onslaught of variety in Virtual Drumline, featuring the world champion percussion section of the Santa Clara Vanguard. Using Virtual Drumline along with your favourite music composition software will arm you with an enormous palette of percussive possibilities.
Endless variety and detail for ultra realism
Virtual Drumline is not just about marching drums. Its huge collection of orchestral, world, effect, drumset, rhythm section, and drumline instruments are programmed with virtually any articulations and playing techniques imaginable. Enhanced multi-sampled velocity layers, attack/release and EQ control, multiple mallet selections, rolls, glissandi, solos and ensembles, and automatic RH/LH alternations are but a few of the powerful features programmed into the VDL instrument collection.
For a complete list of sounds in Virtual Drumline, click here.
No sampler required!
The entire VDL library integrates seamlessly into Native Instruments' powerful Kontakt™ Player 2 (included). There is no need to purchase a separate sampler program. This player is capable of loading up to 64 channels of MIDI in stand-alone mode or can be run as a VSTi, AU, DXi, or RTAS plug-in within various music applications. It is a Universal application compatible with Intel/G5 Macs or Windows and will incorporate seamlessly into Sibelius 5, which comes with built-in support for Kontakt Player 2.
What's new in VDL 2.5
- 5 GB of free hard disk space
- DVD drive to install software
- RAM: 1 GB or more recommended
- PC users - Windows XP (required by Kontakt Player 2)
- PC users - Pentium 4 or Athlon 2.4 GHz or higher recommended
- Macintosh users - OS X 10.4 or higher (required by Kontakt Player 2)
- Macintosh users - Mac-Intel or PowerPC G5 recommended
- Notation or sequencing software to control sounds
- MIDI keyboard recommended for note input
- Stand-alone mode on Windows XP or Mac OS X 10.4+
- Plug-in formats (VSTi™, Audio Units™, DXi™, RTAS™)
- Audio driver formats (ASIO™, DirectSound™, MME™, Core Audio™)
Performance Note: The KONTAKT audio engine is extremely powerful and will rely on your computer’s CPU. Virtual Drumline 2.5 will work best on faster and more current CPUs. In addition to running this software, please note the additional requirements of your operating system and notation or sequencer program. The more sounds you wish to run simultaneously, the more your computer specs will come into play.