- Avid posts series of technical help videos for Sibelius
- Sibelius online and in-person training courses by Mike Klinger, summer 2013
- Sibelius training sessions in California and Colorado in July 2013
- First look at the new Bravura music font used in Sibelius
- Best interview of the year
- Finale, Sibelius, and knockouts
- New and updated plug-ins, part 2
- Sibelius workshop for teachers June 1 in South Africa
- New and updated plug-ins, part 1
- Setting up Vienna Ensemble Pro 5 with Sibelius 7
Sibelius 6 Sound Libraries FAQ
Do I need Sibelius 6 in order to use the Sibelius Sounds Choral sound library?
Yes. This uses the Sibelius Player, which is included in Sibelius 6.
What are the computer requirements?
See the Choral page for details.
Can I export an audio file from my score?
Can I play back sounds from two or more Sibelius Sounds collections simultaneously?
Yes. Using Sibelius 6 you can play back using as many virtual instruments and sample libraries as you wish, all at the same time (subject to the capabilities of your computer).
Simply activate the virtual instrument and choose the sound set appropriate for the sounds you want to use.
Can I play back some staves in a score using one of the Sibelius Sounds collections, and other staves using another MIDI device?
Yes, just select the desired device in the Sibelius mixer.
Can I use Sibelius Sounds to play back from other music software?
No; this is because they are integrated with Sibelius to make them easier to use with it.