The Avid Scorch app transforms your iPad mobile device into an interactive music stand, score library, and sheet music store. With this powerful app, viewing beautiful scores is just the beginning. Thanks to the award-winning Sibelius engine, Scorch generates interactive notation. Easily learn songs or adapt them to your instrument by transposing a score, changing instruments, or converting to and from guitar tab—then give a great performance using Music Stand mode. Whether you want to showcase your own music or purchase scores from world-class publishers, Scorch is the easy way to practice and perform your favorite sheet music on the go.
View and Play Beautiful Scores
Scorch is the convenient, elegant way to keep your Sibelius scores with you wherever you go. Get started quickly and easily with the intuitive touch-screen interface and included content. Choose from a variety of paper textures and font choices, and view your scores with stunning clarity. You can also hear your compositions by playing them back with sampled instruments—and that’s just the beginning.
Learn, Rehearse, and Perform
Scorch makes it easy to learn and practice by adapting scores to your needs. Transpose the music to play in a key that’s more comfortable for you or your vocalist, change instruments, or convert to and from guitar tab. See the whole score—or individual parts—played on the Keyboard display. Focus solely on your instrument and remove other parts to eliminate distraction. Then when you’re ready to perform, engage Music Stand mode to turn pages quickly and stay in the moment.
Join the Community
Scorch is your ticket into a huge online community of sheet music providers and enthusiasts. Browse and purchase everything from chart-toppers to classics right within the application—and enjoy the simplicity and security of using your existing iTunes account. You can also publish your Sibelius and Sibelius First scores and sell them to others.
The Professional Choice
The world’s leading composers, arrangers, copyists, publishers, and educators trust Sibelius notation software to create beautiful scores quickly. Powered by the award-winning Sibelius engine, Scorch is the full-featured, professional way to learn, practice, and perform sheet music on the go.
New in Scorch 1.1
- Compatible with iOS 5
- Preview all scores in the Scorch Store
- Open and store any PDF file in the Scorch Library
- Display follows the playback line, keeping it in view at all times
- When zoomed-in on a score in Music Stand mode, tapping advances to next half of page
- “Remove my changes” button allows you to return a score to its original state
- Over 90 bug fixes and enhancements
- Use your iPad mobile device as an interactive substitute for a music stand and sheet music library
- Get started right away with included content and how-to material
- View your own Sibelius or Sibelius First scores and lead sheets—plus chart-toppers, classics, and other premium content from a variety of world-class publishers
- Easily learn songs or adapt them to your instrument by transposing a score, changing instruments, or converting to and from guitar tab
- Display individual parts to remove distraction and focus solely on your instrument
- See the whole score—or individual parts—played on the Keyboard display
- Hear your score by playing it back with sampled instrument sounds
- Mix your score to suit your needs
- Give a great performance and easily turn pages in Music Stand mode
- Increase contrast and make music more legible by changing the text and paper texture
- Enjoy working with the sleek, intuitive user interface
- Send files to Scorch from apps such as Dropbox or Mail
- Publish your own music and sell it in the community score repository (requires Sibelius or Sibelius First)
- Make secure, one-touch in-app purchases through your iTunes account
- Find help quickly and easily with online FAQs and support forum
Synthesizer and wavetables licensed from Crimson Technology, Inc.
- iPad, iPad 2 or the new iPad
- iOS 4.3 or later
- Sibelius and Sibelius First required to publish and sell your music in the community score repository