- Music: Scoring a 9 out of 10 for the Upgraded Sibelius 7.5 Music Notation Software
- Music: Over 160 Improvements Now Available Free to Sibelius 7.5 Customers with Latest Update
- Music: Learn Why Composers and Arrangers Choose Avid Sibelius 7.5
- Music: Notation Software Compared—MakeMusic Finale vs. Avid Sibelius
- Music: Behind the Scenes with the Alabama Symphony Orchestra
- Behind the Scenes with Rick Smith from Underworld
- NAB 2014: Proven and Trusted Audio, Video, and Live Sound Creative Tools Await in the Artist Suite
- NAB 2014: Avid Everywhere—Delivering on Our Vision for the Media Industry
- Avid Connect 2014: Shaping Up to Become the Media Event of the Year
- Musikmesse 2014: Step Inside Our Booth at Messe 2014 (Photos)
Chord Symbol No Superscript
Added 12 Jan 2006 (last updated 07 Mar 2014)
For use with Sibelius 3.x, Sibelius 4, Sibelius 4.1, Sibelius 5, Sibelius 6, Sibelius 7.1 and Sibelius 7.5
Changes the numeric characters, flat, or sharp symbols in chord symbols to a font of your choice in which the characters are not superscripted. The most likely replacement font choices are Opus PlainChords or Inkpen2 Text, but you can type in any font you like. There is no way for the plug-in to validate the existence of the font, so please type carefully!
Only single numbers will be changed, not stacked digits. Do not use the \\\'flat\\\' option if you are using lower case \\\'b\\\' characters that are not flat symbols, as all lower case \\\'b\\\'s will be changed.
By default, all numbers and accidentals will have the font applied. If you need more control over which characters change, use Advanced Options, which allows you to have, for example, only numbers or accidentals not in extensions un-subscripted. So as an example, you could have Abmaj7b5, and in Opus Chords font all the numbers and accidentals are superscripted. By applying various options, the b following the A can be normal, but the b following the 7 can be subscripted; the 7 can be un-subscripted, while the 5 can be subscripted.
The resulting text objects can have multiple fonts; if you add new chords, they changes will not be applied, but the plug-in can be re-run as needed.
Since any font can be typed in, you can choose different fonts with the proper characteristics to add superscripts rather than removing them, and other options as well.
While this does work in Sibelius 5, it should rarely be needed. Its function is taken by the Chords(superscript root accidental) Word menu in the Chord Symbol text style.
- Download ChordSymbolNoSuper.zip (10K, downloaded 12305 times)
Plug-in written by Bob Zawalich.
Replace Chord Diagrams With Chord Symbols
Added 11 Jan 2008 (last updated 24 Jun 2012)
For use with Sibelius 5
This plug-in replaces guitar chord diagrams in the current score with text chord symbols.
Updated August 21, 2008 to work around problem with the plugin being unable to delete chord diagrams in Sib 5.2. It will now add the chord symbols and select the chord diagrams so they may be manually deleted.
Updated August 25, 2008 to work around problem with the plugin being unable to *select* chord diagrams in Sib 5.2. It will now only add the chord symbols and it advises you to filter the chord diagrams so you can delete them.
This plugin will run in Sibelius 6, but it should not be needed. Use the built-in ability of chord symbols to show or hide diagrams instead.
- Download ReplaceChordDiagramsWithSymbols.zip (2K, downloaded 6178 times)
Plug-in written by Bob Zawalich.
- Accidentals (2) »
- Arrange (2) »
- Analysis (2) »
- Batch Processing (2) »
- Color (8) »
- Composing Tools (16) »
- Layout (13) »
- Menus and shortcuts (2) »
- Notes and rests (25) »
- Other (17) »
- Playback (4) »
- Proof-reading (4) »
- Text (29) »
- Navigation (7) »
- Filter and Find (20) »
- Note Input (4) »
- Lines (3) »
- Focus On Staves (2) »
- Harp (7) »
- Hitpoints (1) »
- Guitar (3) »
- Developers' Tools (3) »
Find plugins by Sibelius version
- Make Layout Uniform
- Arrange Voicings
- Arrange Brass Voicings
- Respell Flats as Sharps
- Rhythm Section Assistant
- Find Intervals From Keys
- Narrow Two Voices
- Multirests and Empty Bars
- Print Folder of Scores
- Extract Parts From Folder
- Rehearsal Recordings (updated 12 Sep 2014)
- Paste Rhythm to Pitches (updated 09 Sep 2014)
- Decrease and Increase Dynamics (updated 09 Sep 2014)
- Delete Voices 1-4 (updated 09 Sep 2014)
- Apply series (updated 09 Sep 2014)
- Plugin Set (updated 01 Sep 2014)
- Merge Bars (updated 28 Aug 2014)
- Add Cresc Dim Lines (updated 24 Aug 2014)