- Music: Over 160 Improvements Now Available Free to Sibelius 7.5 Customers with Latest Update
- Music: Learn Why Composers and Arrangers Choose Avid Sibelius 7.5
- Music: Notation Software Compared—MakeMusic Finale vs. Avid Sibelius
- Music: Behind the Scenes with the Alabama Symphony Orchestra
- Behind the Scenes with Rick Smith from Underworld
- NAB 2014: Proven and Trusted Audio, Video, and Live Sound Creative Tools Await in the Artist Suite
- NAB 2014: Avid Everywhere—Delivering on Our Vision for the Media Industry
- Avid Connect: Shaping Up to Become the Media Event of the Year
- Musikmesse 2014: Step Inside Our Booth at Messe 2014 (Photos)
- Musikmesse 2014: Avid Main Stage Demonstration Schedule
Sibelius products on Windows 8
NOTE: Sibelius products are not supported on Windows RT.
Click here for more information.
Sibelius 7 on Windows 8
Sibelius 7 is fully supported on Windows 8, both 32-bit and 64-bit. To make sure you are running the latest version of Sibelius, please visit www.sibelius.com/upgrades
Sibelius 6 on Windows 8
The latest versions of Sibelius 6, version 6.2, Sibelius 6 Student and Sibelius 6 First are not fully supported on Windows 8, both 32-bit and 64-bit, but should work without a problem. To check that you are running the most up-to-date version of Sibelius 6, choose Help > Check For Updates from within Sibelius, or alternatively click here to download the Sibelius 6.2 update »
Important notice about hardware compatibility
Sibelius relies on third party device drivers for many aspects of operation, including screen display, MIDI and audio playback, printing, scanning, and so on. If you intend to upgrade to Windows 8, please be sure that your existing hardware is fully supported on Windows 8 before you install the upgrade.
If you currently use Avid audio interface (e.g. FastTrack or Mbox series or Digi 002/003 series), please check compatibility information on the Avid drivers page before you install Windows 8:
Sibelius technical support staff cannot offer any assistance with third party device drivers. For support for Avid devices, please contact the appropriate support team, as specified in your product's documentation.
Previous versions of Sibelius on Windows 8
Versions of Sibelius prior to Sibelius 6 will not be supported on either the 32-bit or 64-bit editions of Windows 8.
In our limited testing, we have found that Sibelius 5 and earlier can be installed and run on Windows 8 without any major problems. The most commonly-reported problem is that Sibelius 5 will hang on start-up with the words Initializing playback system showing on the splash screen, in which case please consult the information here.
If Sibelius 5 is crashing on start-up, or you are encountering error messages, please instead see here.
Sibelius 4 and earlier
These older versions of Sibelius are not supported on Windows 8 so you are advised to upgrade to Sibelius 7. If you do try and run Sibelius 4 or earlier, you are advised to run Sibelius as administrator. For help doing this, see here.
Please note, however, that Sibelius technical support staff cannot offer any assistance with issues relating to compatibility of Sibelius 5 or earlier with Windows 8.
Unfortunately Groovy Shapes, Jungle and City are not supported on Windows 8.
PhotoScore and AudioScore
Both PhotoScore 7 and AudioScore 7 Lite and Ultimate versions are fully supported on Windows 8.
Auralia and Musition
Both Auralia 4 and Musition 4 are fully supported on Windows 8.