Sibelius 7 Sounds updater
If you have downloaded and installed the Sibelius 7 Sounds library, you must also download and install an update to Sibelius 7 Sounds. Do not download and install this update unless you have already installed the full Sibelius 7 Sounds package.
If you're not sure whether you need this update, you can run it anyway: it won't do any harm, provided you do have the complete Sibelius 7 Sounds library installed.
This update requires Sibelius 7.1.2 or 7.1.3, so if you haven't yet updated to Sibelius 7.1.3, do so now. If you already updated the sounds when you updated to Sibelius 7.1.2, you don't need to run the update again (but it will do no harm if you do.)
Installing the update
- First, quit Sibelius 7 if it is running.
- Download the appropriate updater for your operating system:
- When the updater has finished downloading, double-click the icon to begin the updating process, and follow the instructions on the screen.
Sibelius 7 Sounds documentation
You can download the documentation for the Sibelius 7 Sounds library here.
Changes and improvements in this update
- New Orchestral Percussion patch, combining several of the single-instrument patches so that you can more easily write for e.g. a 5-line staff with multiple unpitched percussion instruments. Includes Cymbals, Orchestral Bass Drum, Orchestral Snare, Woodblocks, Tam Tam, Tambourine and Triangle.
- Updates to guitar mutes
- Increased volume of "Long snare swirl" in brush drum kit
Avid Blogs Sibelius
Thu, 19 Nov 2015
‘Straight Outta Compton’ Composer Delivers Score with Pro Tools and Sibelius
Fri, 13 Nov 2015
10,000 Hours of Practice—is it Enough?
The article 10,000 Hours of Practice—is it Enough? by Bryan Castle, Jr. appeared first on Avid Blogs - The media industry is changing fast... read more »
Mon, 09 Nov 2015
Behind the Scenes of Transposing Music Online
The article Behind the Scenes of Transposing Music Online by Sam Butler appeared first on Avid Blogs - The media industry is changing fast... read more »