Sibelius 7 Sounds updater
If you have downloaded and installed the Sibelius 7 Sounds library, you must also download and install an update to Sibelius 7 Sounds. Do not download and install this update unless you have already installed the full Sibelius 7 Sounds package.
If you're not sure whether you need this update, you can run it anyway: it won't do any harm, provided you do have the complete Sibelius 7 Sounds library installed.
This update requires Sibelius 7.1.2 or 7.1.3, so if you haven't yet updated to Sibelius 7.1.3, do so now. If you already updated the sounds when you updated to Sibelius 7.1.2, you don't need to run the update again (but it will do no harm if you do.)
Installing the update
- First, quit Sibelius 7 if it is running.
- Download the appropriate updater for your operating system:
- When the updater has finished downloading, double-click the icon to begin the updating process, and follow the instructions on the screen.
Sibelius 7 Sounds documentation
You can download the documentation for the Sibelius 7 Sounds library here.
Changes and improvements in this update
- New Orchestral Percussion patch, combining several of the single-instrument patches so that you can more easily write for e.g. a 5-line staff with multiple unpitched percussion instruments. Includes Cymbals, Orchestral Bass Drum, Orchestral Snare, Woodblocks, Tam Tam, Tambourine and Triangle.
- Updates to guitar mutes
- Increased volume of "Long snare swirl" in brush drum kit
Avid Blogs Sibelius
Thu, 18 Aug 2016
China’s First 3D Feature Production, The Monkey King 2, Takes Advantage of Avid Video and Audio Solutions
The article China’s First 3D Feature Production, The Monkey King 2, Takes Advantage of Avid Video and Audio Solutions by Elaine Liu appeared first on Avid Blogs - The media industry is changing fast... read more »
Fri, 12 Aug 2016
Sundance Film Composer Lab at Skywalker Sound
The article Sundance Film Composer Lab at Skywalker Sound by Peter Roos appeared first on Avid Blogs - The media industry is changing fast... read more »
Tue, 09 Aug 2016
Three Things: Fixing Broken Multirests
The article Three Things: Fixing Broken Multirests by John Hinchey appeared first on Avid Blogs - The media industry is changing fast... read more »