Messages in this thread

Sib. 2018.x: SWAM - GLSmyth, 16 Sep 03:16PM
     Re: Sib. 2018.x: SWAM - Steven Edis, 16 Sep 03:35PM
         Re: Sib. 2018.x: SWAM - GLSmyth, 16 Sep 03:53PM
             Re: Sib. 2018.x: SWAM - Steven Edis, 16 Sep 05:24PM

Sib. 2018.x: SWAM
Posted by GLSmyth - 16 Sep 03:16PM
I just downloaded an instrument through https://audiomodeling.com/ - SWAM - and have come to realize that I have no idea how to integrate it with Sibelius.

I have been using NotePerformer and was able to get it to work. I am guessing that I should be doing something in the Play - Configuration area, but have not been able to figure it out.

I tried reading the documentation, but I am just not familiar with a lot of the terminology, so hopefully someone with knowledge and experience can point me in the right direction as to how I can get this to work.

Thanks -

george

Back to top | All threads

Re: Sib. 2018.x: SWAM
Posted by Steven Edis - 16 Sep 03:35PM
This thread, although old, may be of interest:
http://www.sibelius.com/cgi-bin/helpcenter/chat/chat.pl?com=thread&start=652654&groupid=3&&guest=1

I have a couple of SWAM instruments myself, and they are wonderful in conjunction with real time controllers of - mainly - expression. They're not that great without, as is mentioned in the above thread, and for this reason I don't use them with Sibelius.

Posted by GLSmyth - 16 Sep 03:53PM
Thanks for the reply. I guess audiomodeling would be considered a soundset? Do I contact Sibelius and ask them to create one for me? I'm not sure how this is done.

Do you remember how you get SWAM to work with Sibelius?

Thanks -

george

Posted by Steven Edis - 16 Sep 05:24PM
Hi George

Like I said, I don't use SWAM (or any VSTs) with Sibelius. I use SWAM with Logic.

A soundset is a bespoke bit of code that translates your musical notation in Sibelius into stuff that your specific VST will understand, so that the resultant sound is what you would expect from the notation. More to do with expression, playing techniques than the actual notes. I think that's what it is anyway.

best of luck!
Steve

Quick reply

To add a reply to the end of this thread, type it below, then click Reply.

(.sib, .png and .jpg only)

Messages in this thread

Sib. 2018.x: SWAM - GLSmyth, 16 Sep 03:16PM
     Re: Sib. 2018.x: SWAM - Steven Edis, 16 Sep 03:35PM
         Re: Sib. 2018.x: SWAM - GLSmyth, 16 Sep 03:53PM
             Re: Sib. 2018.x: SWAM - Steven Edis, 16 Sep 05:24PM