- Avid posts series of technical help videos for Sibelius
- Sibelius online and in-person training courses by Mike Klinger, summer 2013
- Sibelius training sessions in California and Colorado in July 2013
- First look at the new Bravura music font used in Sibelius
- Best interview of the year
- Finale, Sibelius, and knockouts
- New and updated plug-ins, part 2
- Sibelius workshop for teachers June 1 in South Africa
- New and updated plug-ins, part 1
- Setting up Vienna Ensemble Pro 5 with Sibelius 7
Sibelius Training Courses
Learn to use Sibelius skills in a friendly, hands-on setting taught by a Sibelius professional. Our trainers have years of experience using Sibelius on a daily basis and will share their personal knowledge with you.
- Learn Sibelius shortcuts and advanced user techniques
- Get insider tricks, hints, and tips
- Explore new areas and learn to be a power user
We are now offering two types of training sessions:
Sibelius Beginning session
- Getting Started: opening files, look and feel of Sibelius, and playback
- Creating a score: choosing manuscript paper, instruments, and housestyle, plus adding bars, time signatures, and key signatures
- Basic note entry: using the mouse, keyboard, and Flexi-time™
- Beginning editing: selecting object, moving, copying, pasting, and repitching
- Marking up your score: adding expressions, techniques, lyrics, and more!
Sibelius Intermediate/Advanced session
- Advanced editing: engraving rules, editing text styles, lines noteheads, and staff types
- Using plug-ins and filters
- Formatting, layout, and part extraction
- Using Scorch™
- Scanning with PhotoScore™
- Creating tests, exams, and worksheets
These are the events for United States. To see training events for all countries, click here.
Sibelius Training: Online
Sibelius Training at Berklee College of Music
Click here to see a list of Sibelius course available online from Berklee College of Music
Music Notation Using Sibelius / Tom Rudolph (12 weeks) 3 Credits For-credit: $895 Non-credit: $695 Learn to create lead sheets, choral and instrumental scores, drum maps and guitar notation, and explore many other ways to use Sibelius for your own personal and professional needs.
In Sibelius 6 Essential Training, author Jenny Amaya covers the ins and outs of creating, arranging, and publishing professional-looking scores. Beginning with the basics of score creation and note entry, the course explains how to interface with a MIDI keyboard; edit note durations and pitches; and incorporate lyrics, tempo markings, and other text elements. Also included are lessons on formatting your score and dynamic parts. Sibelius 7 Essential Training is coming soon! To view the course and watch sample videos, visit Lynda.com.
Sibelius Training: Partners
Sibelius Training available from our partners
Training on Sibelius applications is available from a number of our partners. Click on the links below for more information and booking options.
The Synthesis Midi Workshop (www.midiworkshop.com
Click here to see a list of various course offerings.
In partnership with SoundTree, Sibelius is offering one-day hands-on training courses for you to discover and learn Sibelius, Pro Tools Academic and Groovy Music. Ten music labs across the north east of the USA will host these training courses and will be run by top music technology clinicians with years of experience with music educators. Sponsored by SoundTree (www.soundtree.com) we invite you to sign up and widen your knowledge of the world's largest range ofmusic software for education.
Click here to see a list of Sibelius courses available from SoundTree
Sibelius and Pro Tools Training at The Commercial Music Lab in Southern California
The Commercial Music Lab is a music technology instructional computer lab and classroom located in Riverside County, CA. It is owned and operated by Jenny Amaya, a musician/composer, college music professor, and seasoned Sibelius ambassador/trainer. Classes offered include traditional audio & MIDI recording using Avid's Pro Tools and Propellerhead's Reason, professional instruction in notation using Avid’s Sibelius software, and several one-day “bootcamp” style courses covering topics such as digital audio and mixing for musicians. For more information or to enroll, visit The Commercial Music Lab’s website.
More about Sibelius training
Click here to see a list of Sibelius trainers!
Dates will be added regularly and events will be held at many locations across the U.S.
Pre-registration is required. Cancellations may be subject to a cancellation fee.
Please be aware that these training sessions will not cover Mac or PC fundamentals, basic computer knowledge is required.
If you have questions or comments, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.