- Proven and Trusted Audio, Video, and Live Sound Creative Tools Await in the Artist Suite
- NAB 2014: Avid Everywhere—Delivering on Our Vision for the Media Industry
- Avid Connect: Shaping Up to Become the Media Event of the Year
- Musikmesse 2014: Step Inside Our Booth at Messe 2014 (Photos)
- Musikmesse 2014: Avid Main Stage Demonstration Schedule
- Get Involved with the Professionals Shaping the Landscape of our Work and Our Workflows
- Now Available—Avid Sibelius 7.5 Music Notation and Learning Software
- Top 5 Reasons to Attend Avid Connect
- Get Started Fast with Avid Sibelius 7.5: Lesson 5
- Sibelius is My Workhorse
Computer requirements for Sibelius 7
Minimum hardware requirements
Minimum requirements for Sibelius 7 software only
Windows: Windows XP SP3 (32-bit only), Windows Vista SP2 (32-bit only) with the Platform Update Pack or later, Windows 7 SP1 or later, Windows 8 (although not Windows RT), 1 GB+ RAM, 750 MB hard disk space, DVD-ROM drive
Mac: Mac OS X 10.6.7 or later, Mac OS X 10.7, Mac OS X 10.8, 1 GB+ RAM, 750 MB hard disk space, DVD-ROM drive
Recommendations for Sibelius 7 Sounds sample library*
Windows: Intel Core 2 Duo (or equivalent) or better, 4 GB+ total physical RAM, 40 GB total hard disk space (7200 rpm or faster drive recommended; SSD preferable), ASIO-compatible soundcard
Mac: Intel Core 2 Duo or better, 4 GB+ total physical RAM, 40 GB total hard disk space (7200 rpm or faster drive recommended; SSD preferable).
* You can use Sibelius 7 Sounds if your computer doesn't meet the recommended requirements, but you may find that you cannot use as many sounds simultaneously, and that sounds take a long time to load.
Using external hardware MIDI playback devices with Sibelius 7
If you have an external hardware MIDI playback device that you wish to use with Sibelius 7, please check that a compatible sound set is available: click here for a list of sound sets supplied with Sibelius 7.
Sibelius's network licenses operate on a client-server model. The Sibelius program itself is installed on the local hard drive of each of the client workstations, and a separate Licence Server program is installed on a single designated server or workstation. The Licence Server program is supplied with your copy of Sibelius and enables the designated number of licensed client copies to run on the network simultaneously. In conjunction with Sibelius's Classroom Control feature, the Licence Server also lets you send messages to users of the client copies, send and receive Sibelius files between client machines, and close copies down from the server machine.
Sibelius requires a network using the TCP/IP and UDP protocols. (Your network may use other protocols in addition to TCP/IP and UDP, but TCP/IP and UDP must be present in order for the Licence Server to communicate fully with the client copies.)
The Sibelius Licence Server and the Licence Server Control Panel will run on Windows 2003 Server, Windows 2008 Server, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 32-bit or 64-bit, Mac OS X 10.6.7, Mac OS X 10.7 or later. It will also run on a virtual server running VMWare using a qualified Windows operating system, as listed above.