- Music: Over 160 Improvements Now Available Free to Sibelius 7.5 Customers with Latest Update
- Music: Learn Why Composers and Arrangers Choose Avid Sibelius 7.5
- Music: Notation Software Compared—MakeMusic Finale vs. Avid Sibelius
- Music: Behind the Scenes with the Alabama Symphony Orchestra
- Behind the Scenes with Rick Smith from Underworld
- NAB 2014: Proven and Trusted Audio, Video, and Live Sound Creative Tools Await in the Artist Suite
- NAB 2014: Avid Everywhere—Delivering on Our Vision for the Media Industry
- Avid Connect: Shaping Up to Become the Media Event of the Year
- Musikmesse 2014: Step Inside Our Booth at Messe 2014 (Photos)
- Musikmesse 2014: Avid Main Stage Demonstration Schedule
New! Version 4
for Windows and Mac
Musition is the ultimate music theory training & testing tool!
New! Cloud Editions now available
It's the same powerful software, but with no network setup, no serial numbers and much easier deployment. Students and teachers can now interact and track their progress regardless of their location; in the lab, on a laptop or on their home computer - wherever they have an internet connection.
For more information, visit Rising Software's web site.
Musition is a comprehensive music theory and fundamentals package for music students of all ages and abilities. Musition's interactive teaching makes learning music theory fun and easy. The structured drills and instant feedback create a stimulating learning environment, enabling students to achieve their maximum potential. Complete with 34 topics and sophisticated record keeping features, Musition is the ultimate music theory training and testing tool!
- New in Musition 4.0 - significant new features, including updated and expanded lessons, new interface and available for both Windows and Mac platforms.
- Music theory training & testing
- Makes theory fun & easy
- Automatic assessment saves hours
- For all ages & ability levels
- Hundreds of exercises in 34 topics
- Ideal for exam preparation
- Create your own levels to suit your students' abilities
- Customize content to suit a specific syllabus
- Cross-platform for both Windows and Mac OS X
"Well designed, discrete programs such as these can only enhance and reinforce children's musical skills and help prepare them for the joy of playing with other young musicians"
Times Educational Supplement
Designed for students of all ages and abilities, Musition is easy to use and creates a stimulating learning environment, so students progress quickly and achieve their maximum potential. What’s more, Musition automatically marks all the tests for you, so students can use it unaided.
Musition is ideal for schools, colleges, universities, and anyone learning or teaching an instrument.
Hundreds of exercises
Musition’s interactive tests cover all levels from beginner to advanced, and are grouped into 34 topics, such as:
- Tap a rhythm with the space bar
- Identify pitches on treble, bass and C-clefs
- Identify key signatures, chords & inversions
- Identify scales & modes, and correct wrong notes
- Range and transposition of instruments
Musition is suitable for classical, jazz and rock/pop students, with special exercises on jazz scales, chord symbols, guitar chord diagrams and drum styles.
"What a joy to have it [ear training] all done for you!"
Musition 4 is available for Windows and Mac
Windows: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, 512MB+ RAM, 200MB hard disk space, CD-ROM Drive.
Mac: Intel processors only, Mac OS X 10.6.8, Mac OS X 10.7.3 or later, 512MB+ RAM, 400MB hard disk space, CD-ROM drive.
Versions of Windows earlier than Windows XP are no longer supported, and Macs with PowerPC processors (e.g. PowerMac G4, PowerMac G5, original iMac, PowerBook G4, etc.) or versions of Mac OS X prior to Mac OS X 10.6 cannot use Musition 4.
Lab packs and networkable site licenses of Musition 4 are also available (details on request).
Select, play or sing
Some tests in Musition have multiple-choice questions; others let you answer by clicking an on-screen piano keyboard, playing on a MIDI keyboard.
Musition has graded levels, so students can progress to more advanced exercises as they improve.
When a student has mastered a topic at a particular level and is achieving good test marks, 'The Professor' will automatically move them up to the next level. You can even create your own tests to suit your students' requirements.
Track student progress
Musition records all your results, for you to view on screen or print out.
You can print student and class results in any of 25 useful reports, and marks are compiled over time so you can monitor students' progress from week to week.
If you use a network, all student results are stored in a single central database, whichever computer they work on.
If you get stuck, or need some extra help, Musition includes detailed on-screen reference information, with helpful music examples to listen to.