- Get Involved with the Professionals Shaping the Landscape of our Work and Our Workflows
- Now Available—Avid Sibelius 7.5 Music Notation and Learning Software
- Top 5 Reasons to Attend Avid Connect
- Get Started Fast with Avid Sibelius 7.5: Lesson 5
- Sibelius is My Workhorse
- Nuanced, More Expressive Playback Features in Sibelius 7.5
- Get Started Fast with Avid Sibelius 7.5: Lesson 4
- Get Started Fast with Avid Sibelius 7.5: Lesson 3
- Everything You Need to Know About Joining the ACA and Attending Avid Connect—Now Live
- Get Started Fast with Avid Sibelius 7.5: Lesson 2
Cutting-Edge Marching Brass Virtual Instrument
Sample Logic and System Blue are proud to announce Fanfare, a groundbreaking Kontakt Player-powered virtual instrument pairing the DCI World-Champion Blue Devils marching brass with the award-winning sound design of Sample Logic. Fanfare delivers the definitive marching brass library for educators and arrangers, and an extraordinarily versatile and inspiring construction toolkit for film, TV, game composers, producers, and electronic musicians.
Tapping into the mind of premier wind and brass arranger John Meehan, Fanfare features a broad array of samples recorded by Leslie Ann Jones on The Scoring Stage at Skywalker Sound (a Lucasfilm Ltd Company) and on the field at Ralph Wilson Stadium (home of the Buffalo Bills) by Grammy® Award winner Frank Dorritie.
The indoor recordings were done at close, mid, and far microphone placements, while the outdoor recordings were captured with state-of-the-art stadium surround sound recording techniques. The resulting sonic textures range from full stadium ambience to an “in-your-face" 85-piece brass ensemble, with all of the recordings capturing The Blue Devils’ signature sound of amazingly inventive chords, avant-garde clusters, swells, and organic brass effects.
And it doesn't stop there—Fanfare not only boasts the finest traditional marching brass samples available, but extends the library’s sonic reach via Sample Logic’s signature “blurring the line between music and sound design” programming techniques. Starting with the traditional brass recordings, Sample Logic created an entire library of morphed “cinematic” multi-sampled instruments. As a result, Fanfare delivers world-class marching brass—plus an inspiring array of melodics, pads, leads, stingers, impacts, transitions, atmospheres, and articulated rhythms that are organized into easily accessible, production-ready presets.