- Setting up Vienna Ensemble Pro 5 with Sibelius 7
- 2 new plug-ins: Retract Line Ends and Replace Symbol
- Joseph Trapanese scores “Oblivion” in Sibelius
- Scorch updated for compatibility with Chrome for Windows
- Read the friendly manual
- Making 2-up PDFs in Sibelius 7
- 5 plug-ins to help with proof-reading
- New plug-in: Rhythm Paste
- New plug-in: Add Interval
- Daniel Spreadbury launches Steinberg notation blog
The art of composition
- Extensive lessons & composition projects
- Wide range of styles
- Unique Tracker educational sequencer
- 33 quizzes, marked automatically
- Supports MENC & QCA standards
Sibelius Compass is a unique program to help students learn how to compose. It includes lessons, worksheets and self-tests covering a wide range of topics, leading on to complete composition projects.
View pages from the Sibelius Compass teaching materials (Flash, 724K)
Theory & practice
For each lesson, students study relevant interactive topics, test themselves with the built-in quiz, and try out what they've learned in the Tracker. Topics include melody, harmony, scales, rhythm, dynamics, transformations, timbre, texture, and form.
"An exciting new way to learn composition"
Highgate Wood School & Performing Arts College
Compass's Tracker is a unique educational sequencer which helps students record and develop musical ideas. It includes 1200 motives (e.g. chord sequences, rhythms, scales) to use – plus tools to create canons, inversions, ostinati etc., and combine material in new ways.
The lessons lead on to composition projects such as theme and variations, songwriting and blues. Students develop music in the Tracker, and can also transfer it to Sibelius 3 or any sequencer.
Windows: Windows 95/98/Me/2000/XP/NT4 or later, Pentium II or faster, 64Mb RAM (128Mb for Windows 2000/XP), 300Mb free hard disk space. (If you have - or are thinking of buying - Windows Vista, please see our notes on the compatibility of Sibelius products with Windows Vista.)
Apple Mac: Mac OS 8.6 or later (including OS X), iMac/G3/G4/G5, 64Mb RAM (128Mb for OS X), 300Mb free hard disk space