- Proven and Trusted Audio, Video, and Live Sound Creative Tools Await in the Artist Suite
- NAB 2014: Avid Everywhere—Delivering on Our Vision for the Media Industry
- Avid Connect: Shaping Up to Become the Media Event of the Year
- Musikmesse 2014: Step Inside Our Booth at Messe 2014 (Photos)
- Musikmesse 2014: Avid Main Stage Demonstration Schedule
- Get Involved with the Professionals Shaping the Landscape of our Work and Our Workflows
- Now Available—Avid Sibelius 7.5 Music Notation and Learning Software
- Top 5 Reasons to Attend Avid Connect
- Get Started Fast with Avid Sibelius 7.5: Lesson 5
- Sibelius is My Workhorse
Sibelius Introduces G7™ Guitar Tablature Authoring Software Designed for Windows and Mac OS X
Anaheim, Calif., NAMM Show booth # 6814, January 16, 2003 - Sibelius Software Ltd, the developer of the world's leading music notation software today announces the launch of its ground-breaking new guitar program - G7. Developed to provide an exciting new way for guitarists and songwriters to produce and convert guitar tablature, G7 delivers unparalleled ease-of-use and product features never available before in tab software, and is designed for use with PC or Mac platforms (including Mac OS X).
G7 is the perfect tool for guitarists of any level to create tab faster and easier than ever before, add lyrics and chord symbols and instantly create lead sheets or Piano-Vocal-Guitar arrangements. G7 also enables guitarists to scan tab and instantly turn it into standard notation (sheet music) or scan standard notation and turn it into tab. G7 reads and saves ASCII tab and MIDI file formats so musicians can share music by email or on the internet. The intuitive virtual fretboard allows guitarists to enter tab by clicking on frets, and the fretboard displays fingerings as it plays back making it easy to learn new songs. In addition to being a tab authoring solution, G7 contains the G7 Guide, a complete information source for guitars, playing techniques and musical styles, with audio examples and useful musical illustrations to help players write and play better. The Guide provides a fully comprehensive tutorial and teaching materials for guitar teachers and all students of guitar.
"Sibelius has scored another victory for lovers of music - having captivated users of music notation with its world leading technology program Sibelius, the astounding elegance of G7 now does for guitarists what Sibelius has been doing for musicians all over the world for years - helps them to create music in an easy and intuitive way," said Sibelius CEO, Jeremy Silver.
"Only Sibelius, with the most advanced music software technology, could deliver guitar tab software that is so simple to use, yet can do so much for guitarists of any ability, G7 provides an unparalleled level of assistance to guitarists of all levels to enhance their songwriting or guitar playing. They can simply create, edit, print, and playback tab, and write for other instruments, and also, for the first time, guitarists can publish their original music on their own free web page, in order to market and sell it online. And ... that's just the beginning. No other product on the market comes close to matching G7's advanced technology, ease-of-use or range of features and benefits."
Additional benefits of using G7:
- Guitarists can enter tab via an interactive fretboard, mouse, keystrokes, playing live, or scanning;
- The interactive guitar fretboard provides a visual representation of how to play the music;
- Songs can be saved as a web page and are then ready to be emailed and/or placed on the Internet;
- Tab can be displayed in many rhythmic styles and bends, slides, etc. can be played back;
- Guitarists can edit simply by clicking and dragging the mouse; no modes or tools necessary;
- All guitar tunings and number of strings supported;
- Drum pattern generator creates drum notation automatically for songwriters; and
- G7 offers a unique multi-media guide that lets guitarists explore guitars techniques and a wide range of different styles and genres - from metal to gospel to bluegrass.
Sibelius Software Ltd. is based in London, England. Its U.S. subsidiary, Sibelius USA, Inc., is located at 1407 Oakland Blvd., Suite 103, Walnut Creek, California, 94596 and has offices in Baltimore, Chicago, Dallas and Nashville. Sibelius products are available worldwide in more than 100 countries. For more information, contact Sibelius USA at phone (925) 280-0600; fax (925) 280-0008; on the Web at www.sibelius.com; or via e-mail at infoUSA@sibelius.com.
NAMM BOOTH NUMBER: 6814
Larry Marchese, Director of Marketing, Sibelius USA, Inc. (615) 773-3521; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org