- New and updated plug-ins, part 2
- Sibelius workshop for teachers June 1 in South Africa
- New and updated plug-ins, part 1
- Setting up Vienna Ensemble Pro 5 with Sibelius 7
- 2 new plug-ins: Retract Line Ends and Replace Symbol
- Joseph Trapanese scores “Oblivion” in Sibelius
- Scorch updated for compatibility with Chrome for Windows
- Read the friendly manual
- Making 2-up PDFs in Sibelius 7
- 5 plug-ins to help with proof-reading
Avid “Sibelius First” Brings Fast and Easy Music Notation Program to Home Musicians
New consumer music notation and composition software leverages industry standard scoring software to enable consumers to compose, score and share music
Tewksbury, Mass, January 7, 2010 - Avid® today introduced Sibelius® First, a consumer notation and composition software application that makes music creation fast and easy for virtually anyone. Sibelius First takes advantage of Avid’s Sibelius 6 toolset – the industry-leading professional scoring software –for its ease of use and innovative features. Sibelius First helps people easily notate, scan, play back, transcribe, arrange, print and publish their music, virtually eliminating the intricacies of musical notation that novice users might find cumbersome.
Sibelius First software is an ideal solution for creative people interested in making their own music, from the hobbyist composing music at home to the songwriter who needs to produce individual parts for their bands.
Sibelius First Features Include
- Magnetic Layout: enables users to cut score preparation time by automatically moving score elements into their perfect position.
- Dynamic Parts: automatically synchronizes any changes made to music and transposes according to the instruments they contain.
- Keyboard and Fretboard windows: allows users to input notes by clicking on keys, or by playing their computer’s keyboard like a piano, ideal for anyone unfamiliar with many of the basics of music notation.
- Chord symbols: enables songwriters to quickly add chord symbols for an entire lead sheet.
- Easy to Share: Allows composers to easily play back scores and create audio files for backing tracks, CDs and MP3 sharing.
- Online publishing – Allows consumers to publish music online in a form that can be played back, transposed and printed out directly within a Web browser. Consumers can also sell their music online at SibeliusMusic.com.
Pricing and Availability
Sibelius First software is compatible with Mac OS X 10.4 or later, Windows XP (SP2), Windows Vista, Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit), and is now available at major retailers and e-tailers for $129 USMSRP.
Avid creates the digital audio and video technology used to make the most listened to, most watched and most loved media in the world – from the most prestigious and award-winning feature films, music recordings, television shows, live concert tours and news broadcasts, to music and movies made at home. Some of Avid’s most influential and pioneering solutions include Media Composer, Pro Tools, Avid Unity™, Interplay®, Oxygen 8, Sibelius and Pinnacle Studio™. For more information about Avid solutions and services, visit www.avid.com, del.icio.us, Flickr, Twitter and YouTube; connect with Avid on Facebook; or subscribe to Avid Industry Buzz.
© 2009 Avid Technology, Inc. All rights reserved. Product features, specifications, systems requirements and availability are subject to change without notice. All prices are USMSRP for the U.S. and Canada only and are subject to change without notice. Contact your local Avid office or reseller for prices outside the U.S. and Canada. Avid, the Avid logo, Axiom, Pinnacle Studio, Avid Unity, Interplay, Media Composer, Pro Tools and Sibelius are trademarks or registered trademarks of Avid Technology, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries. The Interplay name is used with the permission of Interplay Entertainment Corp., which bears no responsibility for Avid products. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.