- New and updated plug-ins, part 1
- Setting up Vienna Ensemble Pro 5 with Sibelius 7
- 2 new plug-ins: Retract Line Ends and Replace Symbol
- Joseph Trapanese scores “Oblivion” in Sibelius
- Scorch updated for compatibility with Chrome for Windows
- Read the friendly manual
- Making 2-up PDFs in Sibelius 7
- 5 plug-ins to help with proof-reading
- New plug-in: Rhythm Paste
- New plug-in: Add Interval
French Government backs Sibelius
French Ministry of Education chooses Sibelius as the only software for teaching music notation
The success of the award-winning Sibelius notation software continues to extend across Europe, after receiving the endorsement of the French Ministry of Education.
Having realised the importance of teaching music notation in schools, the Ministry have chosen Sibelius as THE officially approved notation software within the French education system and curriculum ensuring that, where schools are seeking notation software, they will be required to purchase Sibelius.
In 2004, Sibelius Software Ltd launched a fully localised French version of their highly-acclaimed notation software, which was the key to achieving this important commercial breakthrough. The process of obtaining accreditation was both arduous and rigorous, with over 25 music inspectors throughout France being asked to test the software and then report back to the Ministry who then finalise the decision.
Sibelius Software Ltd CEO, Jeremy Silver, comments: “We’re thrilled that the French Ministry have chosen Sibelius as the only notation software to be used in schools. The news is particularly welcome since the Ministry only endorses one product in each subject category which, in effect, makes the package a compulsory purchase for all notation needs and provides us with a unique competitive advantage in the French market.”
A representative from The Ministry stated: “Sibelius has been acknowledged by the Commission as being very easy to use while offering a lot of features. Its intuitive interface is of great help for all music teachers and for all levels.”
- Sibelius is the world’s market leader in music notation software.
- Sibelius was founded in 1993 by Ben and Jonathan Finn to sell music notation software for the Acorn computer. The Sibelius notation software was released for Windows and Mac in 1998/99.
- Since then the Sibelius Group has developed 20 additional music products for the professional, educational and home user, ranging from Internet publishing to guitar software.
- Sibelius has customers in over 100 countries.
- Sibelius is used in 60% of schools in the UK, Australia and New Zealand.
- Sibelius is endorsed by the Royal Academy of Music and is used by all the major music academies and colleges: the Royal College of Music, Trinity College of Music, Oxford and Cambridge Universities, the Juilliard School, Berklee School of Music, the Sibelius Academy in Finland, the Royal College of Music in Stockholm
- The world’s leading music publishers including Music Sales, Hal Leonard and Yamaha use Sibelius
- Sibelius was recently awarded a prestigious Queen’s Award for Innovation.
Sibelius is headquartered in London, UK, with a US subsidiary, Sibelius USA Inc., in California and an Australian subsidiary, Sibelius Australia Pty Ltd, in Adelaide.