- Music: Over 160 Improvements Now Available Free to Sibelius 7.5 Customers with Latest Update
- Music: Learn Why Composers and Arrangers Choose Avid Sibelius 7.5
- Music: Notation Software Compared—MakeMusic Finale vs. Avid Sibelius
- Music: Behind the Scenes with the Alabama Symphony Orchestra
- Behind the Scenes with Rick Smith from Underworld
- NAB 2014: Proven and Trusted Audio, Video, and Live Sound Creative Tools Await in the Artist Suite
- NAB 2014: Avid Everywhere—Delivering on Our Vision for the Media Industry
- Avid Connect: Shaping Up to Become the Media Event of the Year
- Musikmesse 2014: Step Inside Our Booth at Messe 2014 (Photos)
- Musikmesse 2014: Avid Main Stage Demonstration Schedule
CAN YOU IMAGINE . . .
composing a 68-minute score, then allowing millions to view and play it over the Internet?
The Pat Metheny Group's
The Way Up and Sibelius
In order to have the Pat Metheny Group rehearse and perform the continuous 68-minute album release: The Way Up in full, Co-Writers Metheny and Lyle Mays, with editing by bassist and fellow producer Steve Rodby, created the score with Sibelius 3 software. Pat realized that through the Sibelius Scorch plug-in, fellow musicians and fans could view and listen to the MIDI playback over the web.
“We used Sibelius to make parts for the band throughout the recording. We found out about Scorch and it seemed like a natural choice to offer the Scorched version of the score on our website.”