- Behind the Scenes: Rick Smith from Underworld on Pro Tools and Electronic Music
- NAB 2014: Proven and Trusted Audio, Video, and Live Sound Creative Tools Await in the Artist Suite
- NAB 2014: Avid Everywhere—Delivering on Our Vision for the Media Industry
- Avid Connect: Shaping Up to Become the Media Event of the Year
- Musikmesse 2014: Step Inside Our Booth at Messe 2014 (Photos)
- Musikmesse 2014: Avid Main Stage Demonstration Schedule
- Get Involved with the Professionals Shaping the Landscape of our Work and Our Workflows
- Now Available—Avid Sibelius 7.5 Music Notation and Learning Software
- Top 5 Reasons to Attend Avid Connect
- Get Started Fast with Avid Sibelius 7.5: Lesson 5
CAN YOU IMAGINE . . .
composing a 68-minute score, then allowing millions to view and play it over the Internet?
The Pat Metheny Group's
The Way Up and Sibelius
In order to have the Pat Metheny Group rehearse and perform the continuous 68-minute album release: The Way Up in full, Co-Writers Metheny and Lyle Mays, with editing by bassist and fellow producer Steve Rodby, created the score with Sibelius 3 software. Pat realized that through the Sibelius Scorch plug-in, fellow musicians and fans could view and listen to the MIDI playback over the web.
“We used Sibelius to make parts for the band throughout the recording. We found out about Scorch and it seemed like a natural choice to offer the Scorched version of the score on our website.”