- NotateMe music handwriting app out of beta; v. 1.0 released
- Leipzig Urtext fonts now available from FontShop
- Future versions of Sibelius will not support Windows XP or Vista
- Create an editable click track with audio cues using Sibelius and Max/MSP
- Layoffs and reorganization announced at MakeMusic
- Access the Create menu in Sibelius 7
- Man under investigation for targeting orchestrators, others in fraud
- Dolet 6.3 for Sibelius improves MusicXML exporting
- Update on Sibelius and Mac OS X Mavericks
- Finale 2014 released; MakeMusic: “Others take music notation software development for granted”
CAN YOU IMAGINE . . .
composing a 68-minute score, then allowing millions to view and play it over the Internet?
The Pat Metheny Group's
The Way Up and Sibelius
In order to have the Pat Metheny Group rehearse and perform the continuous 68-minute album release: The Way Up in full, Co-Writers Metheny and Lyle Mays, with editing by bassist and fellow producer Steve Rodby, created the score with Sibelius 3 software. Pat realized that through the Sibelius Scorch plug-in, fellow musicians and fans could view and listen to the MIDI playback over the web.
“We used Sibelius to make parts for the band throughout the recording. We found out about Scorch and it seemed like a natural choice to offer the Scorched version of the score on our website.”