- Avid posts series of technical help videos for Sibelius
- Sibelius online and in-person training courses by Mike Klinger, summer 2013
- Sibelius training sessions in California and Colorado in July 2013
- First look at the new Bravura music font used in Sibelius
- Best interview of the year
- Finale, Sibelius, and knockouts
- New and updated plug-ins, part 2
- Sibelius workshop for teachers June 1 in South Africa
- New and updated plug-ins, part 1
- Setting up Vienna Ensemble Pro 5 with Sibelius 7
545: Sibelius 4 cannot open or save files using Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard or 10.6 Snow Leopard
Due to an incompatibility introduced by Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard, you will find that Sibelius 4 is unable to open or save files. When you choose File > Open, nothing will happen; similarly, although you can create new scores via File > New, when you subsequently save that file, it will not be saved, though you will receive no error message or warning to this effect.
First, check that you are already using Sibelius 4.1.5: do Help > Check For Updates from within Sibelius, and make sure you have the latest version. If you can't open Sibelius, download the appropriate update to Sibelius 4.1.5:
We have produced a small compatibility update for Sibelius 4 that will allow it to open and save files. Once you have updated to 4.1.5, download and install this compatibility update:
- English-language users: Click here to download the update (7MB)
- German-language users: Click here to download the update (7MB)
Important: Make sure Sibelius is not running before you do the next step. i.e. File > Quit
- You should see a new volume appear on your Desktop, labeled Sibelius 4.1.5 Compatibility Update. If you don't, double-click the downloaded Sibelius415CompatibilityUpdateEnglish.dmg file to mount the volume.
- Inside the Sibelius 4.1.5 Compatibility Update volume is a single file, Sibelius 4.1.5 Compatibility Update.pkg.
- Double-click this icon and follow the on-screen instructions to install the update.
Please be aware that Sibelius 4 has not been fully tested under the new Mac OS X Leopard systems , and if you are running those versions of Mac OS X, you are recommended to upgrade to Sibelius 6, which does support Mac OS X 10.5 and Mac OS X 10.6.
|4.0 - 4.1|
|22 Jan 2010|