- Underworld’s Rick Smith on Pro Tools and Electronic Music Creation
- NAB 2014: Proven and Trusted Audio, Video, and Live Sound Creative Tools Await in the Artist Suite
- NAB 2014: Avid Everywhere—Delivering on Our Vision for the Media Industry
- Avid Connect: Shaping Up to Become the Media Event of the Year
- Musikmesse 2014: Step Inside Our Booth at Messe 2014 (Photos)
- Musikmesse 2014: Avid Main Stage Demonstration Schedule
- Get Involved with the Professionals Shaping the Landscape of our Work and Our Workflows
- Now Available—Avid Sibelius 7.5 Music Notation and Learning Software
- Top 5 Reasons to Attend Avid Connect
- Get Started Fast with Avid Sibelius 7.5: Lesson 5
Film & TV
with Sibelius 6
- Write to picture
- Integrated sample playback
- Instant parts
- Fast to learn & use
“Sibelius is fantastic.
I haven’t found anything
I can’t do with it yet.”
“My orchestrator is able to send me proofs of the orchestrated cues at an incredible speed, and I can check and correct them directly on the screen, adding to the orchestration as I go along. Panorama view in version 5 of Sibelius really helps me – because I don’t think in pages, I just think in music. With Panorama, there are no breaks in your thinking.”
Dario Marianelli, Oscar-winning composer on films Atonement and Pride & Prejudice
Garritan Personal Orchestra
Create high-quality playback, CDs and audio files with Sibelius.
As used in
Sibelius was used to compose or prepare the music for:
- The Kite Runner
- Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit
- Pride & Prejudice
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
- The Incredibles
- Shrek 2
- Notting Hill
- The Simpsons
- Bridget Jones
- James Bond films
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire recording session
What users say
Alf Clausen, The Simpsons
Michael Kamen, Lethal Weapon and Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
"Lost, Alias and Commander in Chief are just some of the projects we do completely in Sibelius... it's become such an important tool of film composers, orchestrators and copyists"
Walt Disney Pictures
"Every copyist in my crew is completely wowed by Sibelius. We just used it for Denzel Washington's Inside Man and IMAX Deep Sea 3D (composer, Danny Elfman) and were impressed!"
"Sibelius rocks! The whole Dynamic Parts function make our lives ridiculously easy and gives us even more flexibility under pressure. It's become feasible in a ten minute break to, say, completely alter a violin part and be able to get 20 parts revised and back on to the stand. It's amazing and a godsend for us."
composer, Chronicles of Narnia, Bridget Jones, Shrek 2
"Sibelius is the best thing to happen to composers since the invention of the propelling pencil"
composer, Bean: The Movie and Blackadder