- Howard Goodall: “My two best friends are Sibelius 6 and Pro Tools 8″
- Sixth grade Sibelius students partner with Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra
- Tidy Appended Scores plug-in
- LCO New showcases student composers this week in London
- Share and share alike
- Boxing clever: how important is packaging?
- View your score pages any which way in Sibelius 6
- Consolidate Ossia Staves plug-in
- An afternoon at Abbey Road Studios
- Dutch magazine MacFan awards Sibelius First near-perfect score
576: New features and fixes in Sibelius 5.2.5
Sibelius 5.2.5 features a small number of feature enhancements:
- It is now possible to delete multiple user-defined text styles in a single operation in House Style > Edit Text Styles.
- New Notebook (laptop) features keyboard shortcut set for recent model MacBook and MacBook Pro computers, that do not have an embedded keypad.
- You can now Shift-click on the device and sound menus in an expanded staff strip in the Mixer to reset the device or sound for all staves in the score by choosing (Auto) from the menu.
Sibelius 5.2.5 also features a number of bug fixes, including:
- When importing a house style, Sibelius now checks to see whether an incoming user-defined style matches by name to an existing user-defined style in the score, and if it does, Sibelius replaces the existing user-defined style with the incoming one (provided they are compatible, e.g. both are staff-attached).
- When using Kontakt Player 2 for playback and inputting very short notes in step-time, notes played as they are input would hang forever; this problem has now been fixed.
- When using Sibelius Sounds Essentials for playback, some General MIDI sounds would not play back during input until after you had played back the score at least once; this problem has now been fixed.
- When Play notes as you edit is switched on, Sibelius will always play the appropriate sound when a note is input or selected, even if the staff to which the note belongs is muted in the Mixer.
- Adding an articulation, slur, or some other markings no longer causes the playback sound to be incorrect or causes playback to be silent until the score is closed and reopened.
- The message box that appears when the score you are opening uses a different configuration to the one you currently have chosen now correctly responds both to the Don’t say this again checkbox on the message box itself, and the Warn if configuration used in score is different to the active configuration checkbox on the Files page of Preferences.
- If you have Restore score window sizes and positions switched on (on the Files page of Preferences) and leave a score window maximised on a secondary display that is no longer connected to your computer when you next open the score, the score window is now correctly repositioned on the primary display, rather than opening up completely out of view (Mac only).
- Remaining problems with booklet printing with scores where the first page number is not 1 have been fixed.
- Remaining problems with duplicate instrument styles being created when copying and pasting music from and to staves using user-defined instrument types have been fixed.
Full list of changes
For full details of the fixes in Sibelius 5.2.5, download the complete list of fixes (PDF, 130K).
|5.2 - 5.2.5|
|08 Aug 2008|