'Sib. 6.x: resumed thread: specify exact distances in Rulers'

Messages in this thread

Sib. 6.x: resumed thread: specify exact distanc... - Peter Ballinger, 08 Mar 11:47PM
     Re: Sib. 6.x: resumed thread: specify exact dis... - Mike Lyons, 09 Mar 01:49PM
         Re: Sib. 6.x: resumed thread: specify exact dis... - Peter Ballinger, 09 Mar 06:03PM
             Re: Sib. 6.x: resumed thread: specify exact dis... - Mike Lyons, 09 Mar 09:40PM
                 Re: Sib. 6.x: resumed thread: multirest problem - Peter Ballinger, 09 Mar 10:57PM
                     Re: Sib. 6.x: resumed thread: multirest problem - Mike Lyons, 10 Mar 06:50AM
                         Re: Sib. 6.x: resumed thread: multirest problem - Mike Lyons, 10 Mar 06:52AM

Sib. 6.x: resumed thread: specify exact distances in Rulers
Posted by Peter Ballinger - 08 Mar 11:47PM
I hoped to continue this thread but it no longer showed up in my browser: having set the various distances with the Rulers in the first of five parts (Canto) I located the Parts window and clicked on Copy Part Layout and replied yes: but the distances were not copied to the other 4 parts. I repeated, after highlighting all 5 parts in "Parts" and replied yes, but nothing happened. Don't know what else to do.

--
Win7 Professional 64bit, 2 x 3.0Ghz, 8GB RAM, Sib 6.2,7.5, GPO, Sound Essentials, NP

Back to top | All threads

Re: Sib. 6.x: resumed thread: specify exact distances in Rulers
Posted by Mike Lyons - 09 Mar 01:49PM
Your original thread is here http://www.sibelius.com/cgi-bin/helpcenter/chat/chat.pl?com=thread&start=723286&groupid=3&

Does this mean that you didn't see my response?

Differences between parts may be caused by different amounts of music in each instrument, meaning that the layout has to be different (some parts more/less crowded on staves and so on.) Can you show us a score and give us more detail about what you are actually trying to set up?

--
Win 10 Pro x64, 1.6GHz Intel i7 Quad core, 8GB,7TB 7200rpm HDD, Scarlett 6i6, Sib 6.2,7.5, 8.7.0 NotePerformer, GPO4 & 5, COMB2, EWQLSO Plat, EWQLSC,
Si me castigare vis, necesse est me intellexisse.

Posted by Peter Ballinger - 09 Mar 06:03PM
Mike, thanks: I did see your very helpful first response. Everything was fine in the parts created from the first pair of consecutive 5-voice scores, but the second pair of scores (of 28 pairs) would not give parts with the same staff separations, in spite of using the "make into page" command. (I want to keep the 5 pairs of parts separately on five 11 by 17 inch spreads). As I won't be changing anything in the scores, I'll now *extract* the parts: these are much easier to format as they are virtually separate files.

--
Win7 Professional 64bit, 2 x 3.0Ghz, 8GB RAM, Sib 6.2,7.5, GPO, Sound Essentials, NP

Posted by Mike Lyons - 09 Mar 09:40PM
If you extract them they ARE separate files.

If you are not getting the same results from different scores, then some of your page settings (margins/page sizes etc) must be different.

Parts and score have completely independent settings. If you alter these in a part, they are only altered for that part. text (and other object) positions can be specified to apply to score, parts or all.

--
Win 10 Pro x64, 1.6GHz Intel i7 Quad core, 8GB,7TB 7200rpm HDD, Scarlett 6i6, Sib 6.2,7.5, 8.7.0 NotePerformer, GPO4 & 5, COMB2, EWQLSO Plat, EWQLSC,

Re: Sib. 6.x: resumed thread: multirest problem
Posted by Peter Ballinger - 09 Mar 10:57PM (edited 09 Mar 11:02PM)
OK, I'm about to give up on this: I have selected and "deleted" all of the empty measures in the score and again in each *extracted* part; I can't see anything in these measures that would prevent them from being collected by "use multirests" but the ones in the body of the part (not the initial ones--!?) refuse to multirest. The same happens when the parts are not extracted, which is why I tried using extraction. I must be overlooking some invisible condition somewhere.
I can't seem to open the file I was trying to attach: it flashes by for a few milliseconds, then disappears. Maybe someone else can see it!
--
Win7 Professional 64bit, 2 x 3.0Ghz, 8GB RAM, Sib 6.2,7.5, GPO, Sound Essentials
Attachments ExtractVinci 5 - Basso - 2018-03-09 1437.sib (48K), ExtractVinci 5 - Basso - 2018-03-09 1437.sib (48K)

Posted by Mike Lyons - 10 Mar 06:50AM
I see no broken multirests when I open these files.

--
Attachment ExtractVinci 5 - Basso - 2018-03-09 1437.sib (90K)

Posted by Mike Lyons - 10 Mar 06:52AM
Would you be willing to share the full score, Peter? Without deleting any empty bars. Let's see if we can find the problem. If you don't want to post here, you can email it to me by clicking on my name.

--

Quick reply

To add a reply to the end of this thread, type it below, then click Reply.

(.sib, .png and .jpg only)

Messages in this thread

Sib. 6.x: resumed thread: specify exact distanc... - Peter Ballinger, 08 Mar 11:47PM
     Re: Sib. 6.x: resumed thread: specify exact dis... - Mike Lyons, 09 Mar 01:49PM
         Re: Sib. 6.x: resumed thread: specify exact dis... - Peter Ballinger, 09 Mar 06:03PM
             Re: Sib. 6.x: resumed thread: specify exact dis... - Mike Lyons, 09 Mar 09:40PM
                 Re: Sib. 6.x: resumed thread: multirest problem - Peter Ballinger, 09 Mar 10:57PM
                     Re: Sib. 6.x: resumed thread: multirest problem - Mike Lyons, 10 Mar 06:50AM
                         Re: Sib. 6.x: resumed thread: multirest problem - Mike Lyons, 10 Mar 06:52AM