'Sibelius Sounds in My Cloud external (ethernet) drive?'

Messages in this thread

Sibelius Sounds in My Cloud external (ethernet)... - jimlapbap, 02 Mar 08:05AM
     Re: Sibelius Sounds in My Cloud external (ether... - Robin Walker, 02 Mar 08:57AM

Sibelius Sounds in My Cloud external (ethernet) drive?
Posted by jimlapbap - 02 Mar 08:05AM
Hello,

Sib 2018.1
MacBook Pro, High Sierra 10.13.3

I figured I could install Sibelius Sounds on an external drive that's on a local network. I have an 8TB WD My Cloud drive that transfers about 40 MB/s to my computer. This isn't much slower than the USB 3.0 external drive at 60MB/s, which I used before.

However, when I indicate that drive as my location for Sibelius Sounds, Sibelius accepts it, asks for my administrative password to change the location, but when I load Sibelius Sounds in the program, there is no sound.

I checked this site:

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/How_To/Installing-and-using-Sibelius-Sounds-across-a-network

But it seems to apply to a network computer rather than a drive on a computer as it requires installing on a system drive.

The sound is working fine, switching to MIDI plays back normally.

Had anyone had success using an external drive like this to host Sibelius Sounds?

Thanks for any information.

Back to top | All threads

Re: Sibelius Sounds in My Cloud external (ethernet) drive?
Posted by Robin Walker - 02 Mar 08:57AM
1. What, precisely, is the macOS "volume name" of the "My Cloud" drive when it is connected to the Mac?

2. Using the Finder (not Search or Spotlight) do the following:
- pull down the "Go" menu and select "Go to Folder";
- in the box, type precisely:

/Library

and click "Go";
- in the System Library that opens, open sub-folder "Application Support";
- in "Application Support", open sub-folder "Avid";
- in "Avid", open sub-folder "Sibelius Sounds";
- in "Sibelius Sounds", open sub-folder "Libraries";
- in "Libraries", right-click on the icon for file "Sibelius 7 Sounds.xml" and select "Open With" => TextEdit.app;
- take a screen-shot of the TextEdit window displaying this file, and attach the screen-shot here.

--
Sibelius 2018.1/7.5.1/7.1.3/6.2/5.2.5, PhotoScore Ult 8.8.2, Dolet 6.6 for Sibelius, Windows 10 64-bit 16GB. Desktop, and Microsoft Surface Book.

Back to top | All threads

Quick reply

To add a reply to the end of this thread, type it below, then click Reply.

(.sib, .png and .jpg only)

Messages in this thread

Sibelius Sounds in My Cloud external (ethernet)... - jimlapbap, 02 Mar 08:05AM
     Re: Sibelius Sounds in My Cloud external (ether... - Robin Walker, 02 Mar 08:57AM