'Adding an instrument to score makes new instrument staff lines & text larger'

Messages in this thread

Adding an instrument to score makes new instrum... - wfeg, 02 Mar 04:19AM
     Re: Adding an instrument to score makes new ins... - Mike Lyons, 02 Mar 06:36AM
         Re: Adding an instrument to score makes new ins... - wfeg, 02 Mar 06:46AM
             Re: Adding an instrument to score makes new ins... - Mike Lyons, 02 Mar 01:10PM

Adding an instrument to score makes new instrument staff lines & text larger
Posted by wfeg - 02 Mar 04:19AM
I have added a flute part to my horn and piano part, but the flute staff lines and the name 'Flute' comes out large than the horn stgaff lines and name 'Horn'.

How do you correct either the horn or the flute parts so that they are both the same size?

--
wfeg
Attachment ReadMe Sibelius Adding an instrument to score makes new instrument staff lines larger.jpg (359K)

Back to top | All threads

Re: Adding an instrument to score makes new instrument staff lines & text larger
Posted by Mike Lyons - 02 Mar 06:36AM (edited 02 Mar 06:36AM)
Did you insert the horn at a reduced size, or set it to small staff size? You need to do the same with the flute. Use I to change the staff size.

--
Win 10 Pro x64, 1.6GHz Intel i7 Quad core, 8GB,7TB 7200rpm HDD, Scarlett 6i6, Sib 6.2,7.5, 8.7.0 NotePerformer, GPO4 & 5, COMB2, EWQLSO Plat, EWQLSC,
Si me castigare vis, necesse est me intellexisse.

Re: Adding an instrument to score makes new instrument staff lines & text larger
Posted by wfeg - 02 Mar 06:46AM
> Did you insert the horn at a reduced size, or set it to small staff size? You need to do the same with the flute. Use I to change the staff size.
>
> --
> Win 10 Pro x64, 1.6GHz Intel i7 Quad core, 8GB,7TB 7200rpm HDD, Scarlett 6i6, Sib 6.2,7.5, 8.7.0 NotePerformer, GPO4 & 5, COMB2, EWQLSO Plat, EWQLSC,
> Si me castigare vis, necesse est me intellexisse.

Mike Lyons

Thanks for your speedy reply.

The horn gets inserted at the reduced size by importing from PhotoScore Ultimate into Sibelius. But when I add an additional instrument (flute), it gets inserted at a bigger size. I have used 'I' and found that I can see the sizes of each staff, and I have changed the horn staff to 'Normal' like the other staffs.
Thanks your solving this problem so quickly.

--
wfeg

Posted by Mike Lyons - 02 Mar 01:10PM
No charge! :-D

--
Win 10 Pro x64, 1.6GHz Intel i7 Quad core, 8GB,7TB 7200rpm HDD, Scarlett 6i6, Sib 6.2,7.5, 8.7.0 NotePerformer, GPO4 & 5, COMB2, EWQLSO Plat, EWQLSC,
Si me castigare vis, necesse est me intellexisse.

Quick reply

To add a reply to the end of this thread, type it below, then click Reply.

(.sib, .png and .jpg only)

Messages in this thread

Adding an instrument to score makes new instrum... - wfeg, 02 Mar 04:19AM
     Re: Adding an instrument to score makes new ins... - Mike Lyons, 02 Mar 06:36AM
         Re: Adding an instrument to score makes new ins... - wfeg, 02 Mar 06:46AM
             Re: Adding an instrument to score makes new ins... - Mike Lyons, 02 Mar 01:10PM