'Sib. 6.x: Unwanted brackets, bar line'

Messages in this thread

Sib. 6.x: Unwanted brackets, bar line - Noel Fidge, 01 Mar 06:26AM
     Re: Sib. 6.x: Unwanted brackets, bar line - Noel Fidge, 01 Mar 07:47AM
         Re: Sib. 6.x: Unwanted brackets, bar line - Laurence Payne, 01 Mar 10:11AM

Sib. 6.x: Unwanted brackets, bar line
Posted by Noel Fidge - 01 Mar 06:26AM

Can't solve this problem (see snip). I changed the document size of a score from A4 to B4 (conductor's request) and suddenly these extra brackets and bar lines appeared as shown. The bar line on the left which is continuous vertically is incorrect yet no handle appears for me to remove it. The brackets can be deleted but the clefs can't be selected and removed.
If this has been noted before I can't find it in threads so if anybody can offer a remedy, much appreciated.
--
Noel
Attachment Bracket wrong place.JPG.jpg (101K)

Back to top | All threads

Re: Sib. 6.x: Unwanted brackets, bar line
Posted by Noel Fidge - 01 Mar 07:47AM
A more thorough try with a light ale solved it. I had looked at bar line properties and the gap (should be 0) but was clicking the wrong barline. Now those strange appearances have gone. Thanks anyway.

--
Noel

Re: Sib. 6.x: Unwanted brackets, bar line
Posted by Laurence Payne - 01 Mar 10:11AM
This typically happens when you have attempted to change margins by dradding the end of a stave across. When the layout re-flows, the dragged barline is no longer at a line break...

It's Gap Before Bar, not Gap Before Barline. Select the entire bar (measure).

Quick reply

To add a reply to the end of this thread, type it below, then click Reply.

(.sib, .png and .jpg only)

Messages in this thread

Sib. 6.x: Unwanted brackets, bar line - Noel Fidge, 01 Mar 06:26AM
     Re: Sib. 6.x: Unwanted brackets, bar line - Noel Fidge, 01 Mar 07:47AM
         Re: Sib. 6.x: Unwanted brackets, bar line - Laurence Payne, 01 Mar 10:11AM