'Run multiple sound sets in Sibelius 2018'

Messages in this thread

Run multiple sound sets in Sibelius 2018 - Rob , 28 Feb 09:34PM
     Re: Run multiple sound sets in Sibelius 2018 - Rob , 28 Feb 09:34PM
         Re: Run multiple sound sets in Sibelius 2018 - Robin Walker, 28 Feb 09:54PM
             Re: Run multiple sound sets in Sibelius 2018 - Rob , 28 Feb 10:34PM
                 Re: Run multiple sound sets in Sibelius 2018 - Rob , 01 Mar 10:00AM
                     Re: Run multiple sound sets in Sibelius 2018 - Robin Walker, 01 Mar 11:00AM

Run multiple sound sets in Sibelius 2018
Posted by Rob - 28 Feb 09:34PM (edited 28 Feb 09:36PM)
Hi Everyone,

I read that you can Run multiple sound sets in Sibelius.

I have tried this but I am doing something wrong as it does not work.

I run Windows 10.

I want to use the Pianoteq 5 sounds with sounds in my Kontakt Player library. So I created a new configuration in Playback Devices called Kontakt and I added Kontakt and Pianoteq as the Active Devices, saved then reopened.

What I get is only the Kontakt sounds available in my score for piano and cello.

So I thought it might be having to set up a preferred sound, I did that, as you can see in the second screenshot, which I will post after posting this thread.

So far, I can get Kontakt and Pianoteq to work, but only if I load them as individual configurations.

Can anyone offer advice on how to have to multiple sounds sets running in the one score?

Cheers

rob

Attachment Playback Devices.png (26K)

Back to top | All threads

Re: Run multiple sound sets in Sibelius 2018
Posted by Rob - 28 Feb 09:34PM
Here is the preferred sounds tab
Attachment Prefered Sounds.png (31K)

Posted by Robin Walker - 28 Feb 09:54PM
The Playback Configuration is curious in that "General MIDI" SoundSet files are selected both for Kontakt, and for the Pianoteq. Which sample library is actually being played by Kontakt? Does it not have its own SoundSet?

What SoundID is being used for "Best Sound" in the piano instrument of the score? Perhaps we really need to see the score as well.

It might work if you make the Preferred Sound just "keyboard.piano" rather than a longer Sound ID.

Technically, you need to set a Preferred Sound for the cello as well.

--
Sibelius 2018.1/7.5.1/7.1.3/6.2/5.2.5, PhotoScore Ult 8.8.2, Dolet 6.6 for Sibelius, Windows 10 64-bit 16GB. Desktop, and Microsoft Surface Book.

Posted by Rob - 28 Feb 10:34PM
Hi Again Robin,

Aha, that worked Robin. thank you. I set the preferred sound to "keyboard.piano" and it worked.

I know have the cello and piano sound I want, beauty.

It looks like I can have more than two sound sets if I want into the one playback config, whoa, this makes Sibelius better than my DAW now.

Cheers, and thank you for all your tireless help.

Rob

Posted by Rob - 01 Mar 10:00AM (edited 01 Mar 10:02AM)
I noticed that dynamics marking have no effect on the instruments Robin, and none will hold their settings, when I save close and reopen, such as reverb or panning within their own setup, and the volume sliders in the Sibelius mixer do nothing.

Is this an attribute of using these instruments in Sibelius?

I now have Garraitan, Kontakt and Pianoteq loaded in the one sound set.

Cheers

Rob

Posted by Robin Walker - 01 Mar 11:00AM
Any settings made within VST plugins are not saved with the Sibelius score file. Such settings in VST plugins can be saved only in the Sibelius "Playback Configuration", which needs to be "Save"d after any changes in VSTs.

The correct operation of Dynamics markings might depend on the presence and selection of an appropriate Sibelius "SoundSet" for the player device and sample library: you seemed to be trying to use "General MIDI" as a SoundSet selection everywhere, which might not work.

--
Sibelius 2018.1/7.5.1/7.1.3/6.2/5.2.5, PhotoScore Ult 8.8.2, Dolet 6.6 for Sibelius, Windows 10 64-bit 16GB. Desktop, and Microsoft Surface Book.

Quick reply

To add a reply to the end of this thread, type it below, then click Reply.

(.sib, .png and .jpg only)

Messages in this thread

Run multiple sound sets in Sibelius 2018 - Rob , 28 Feb 09:34PM
     Re: Run multiple sound sets in Sibelius 2018 - Rob , 28 Feb 09:34PM
         Re: Run multiple sound sets in Sibelius 2018 - Robin Walker, 28 Feb 09:54PM
             Re: Run multiple sound sets in Sibelius 2018 - Rob , 28 Feb 10:34PM
                 Re: Run multiple sound sets in Sibelius 2018 - Rob , 01 Mar 10:00AM
                     Re: Run multiple sound sets in Sibelius 2018 - Robin Walker, 01 Mar 11:00AM