'Forgotten how to get arco playing. Dohhhhhhhhhhhhh. '

Messages in this thread

Forgotten how to get arco playing. Dohhhhhhhhhh... - Tony Wakefield, 28 Feb 07:17PM
     Re: Forgotten how to get arco playing. Dohhhhhh... - Laurence Payne, 28 Feb 07:26PM
         Re: Forgotten how to get arco playing. Dohhhhhh... - Jeff Hale, 28 Feb 07:42PM
             Re: Forgotten how to get arco playing. Dohhhhhh... - Tony Wakefield, 01 Mar 02:43PM
                 Re: Forgotten how to get arco playing. Dohhhhhh... - Adrian Drover, 01 Mar 03:13PM
                     Re: Forgotten how to get arco playing. Dohhhhhh... - Tony Wakefield, 01 Mar 04:38PM
                         Re: Forgotten how to get arco playing. Dohhhhhh... - Adrian Drover, 01 Mar 05:07PM
                             Re: Forgotten how to get arco playing. Dohhhhhh... - Tony Wakefield, 01 Mar 06:43PM
                                 Re: Forgotten how to get arco playing. Dohhhhhh... - Adrian Drover, 02 Mar 10:35AM
                                     Re: Forgotten how to get arco playing. Dohhhhhh... - Tony Wakefield, 02 Mar 11:16AM

Forgotten how to get arco playing. Dohhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Posted by Tony Wakefield - 28 Feb 07:17PM
7.1 & 7.5 & 8.x. Win 7, Note Performer, and brain cells the size of - oops - I`ve forgotten.

String sections!

There ain`t no instruction in the Sib 6 manual. Or in 7 & 8 Help pages. Pizz plays ok, but how do I change this into arco on the same staff?

I thank you :)

--
Sibelius 6/7/8. Win7. Note Performer, with various other no longer in use programs & audio.
Web:http://www.scoreexchange.com/profiles/tonywakefield

Back to top | All threads

Re: Forgotten how to get arco playing. Dohhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Posted by Laurence Payne - 28 Feb 07:26PM
Not just 'arco'?

Posted by Jeff Hale - 28 Feb 07:42PM
Or type nat.

--
windows 7 and 10 Professional, Sibelius 7.1.3 and 2018

Posted by Tony Wakefield - 01 Mar 02:43PM
2.30 pm and just rising - snow covered brow :)))))

Not `arco` my friend.
Will try "nat" tho` haven`t needed to in the past, as `arco` worked before.

--
Sibelius 6/7/8. Win7. Note Performer, with various other no longer in use programs & audio.

Posted by Adrian Drover - 01 Mar 03:13PM
Is this for orchestra bassi or jazz bass?
If former, "nat".
If latter, change instrument.

Posted by Tony Wakefield - 01 Mar 04:38PM (edited 01 Mar 04:51PM)
Shouldn`t the same Sibelius instrument be able to cope with these 'technique text' commands? - Solo Jazz double bass and/or Solo orchestral db?
Violins obey arco and pizz on one stave/staff.

My instrument is a solo double bassi playing pizz and arco (at different times let me stress) :) I don`t want a second double bass on my score as a second instrument. Will I therefore have to juggle one part (one stave) from two? i.e. hide and delete etc as necessary?

Who is this Mr Sibelius. I`ll bet Jean has NEVER EVER done this - not even in long hand. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Are you snowed in? Stay safe . . . . . .
--

Posted by Adrian Drover - 01 Mar 05:07PM
Well, Tony, I have always found that when I want my jazz bass to play arco, I have to change to orchestral solo bass, then back to jazz bass when required to play pizz again. You don't need a second staff, just an instrument change on the same staff. You can hide any unwanted text that is generated by the change.

Yes, well and truly snowed in, but the fire's so delightful, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

Posted by Tony Wakefield - 01 Mar 06:43PM
Thanks Adrian, will investigate, but what a pain compared to other strings. So glad I`m not gigging any more. Did a car loaded with stuff in shear ice conditions on a new year`s eve once, from Farnborough (Hants) to Sufolk. Always think of that gig when thse conditions occur. Got back after just after 4am. :)

--

Posted by Adrian Drover - 02 Mar 10:35AM
Weather's not too bad here. Had a bit of a problem getting the car out tho'.
Attachment cold spell.JPG.jpg (25K)

Posted by Tony Wakefield - 02 Mar 11:16AM
That`s quite a big chopper you got there Adrian - be very careful . . . . .

--

Quick reply

To add a reply to the end of this thread, type it below, then click Reply.

(.sib, .png and .jpg only)

Messages in this thread

Forgotten how to get arco playing. Dohhhhhhhhhh... - Tony Wakefield, 28 Feb 07:17PM
     Re: Forgotten how to get arco playing. Dohhhhhh... - Laurence Payne, 28 Feb 07:26PM
         Re: Forgotten how to get arco playing. Dohhhhhh... - Jeff Hale, 28 Feb 07:42PM
             Re: Forgotten how to get arco playing. Dohhhhhh... - Tony Wakefield, 01 Mar 02:43PM
                 Re: Forgotten how to get arco playing. Dohhhhhh... - Adrian Drover, 01 Mar 03:13PM
                     Re: Forgotten how to get arco playing. Dohhhhhh... - Tony Wakefield, 01 Mar 04:38PM
                         Re: Forgotten how to get arco playing. Dohhhhhh... - Adrian Drover, 01 Mar 05:07PM
                             Re: Forgotten how to get arco playing. Dohhhhhh... - Tony Wakefield, 01 Mar 06:43PM
                                 Re: Forgotten how to get arco playing. Dohhhhhh... - Adrian Drover, 02 Mar 10:35AM
                                     Re: Forgotten how to get arco playing. Dohhhhhh... - Tony Wakefield, 02 Mar 11:16AM