'Sib. 6.x: graphics export to word doc'

Messages in this thread

Sib. 6.x: graphics export to word doc - Andrew C Lilley, 28 Feb 04:32PM
     Re: Sib. 6.x: graphics export to word doc - Robin Walker, 28 Feb 05:50PM
         Re: Sib. 6.x: graphics export to word doc - Andrew C Lilley, 01 Mar 08:01AM

Sib. 6.x: graphics export to word doc
Posted by Andrew C Lilley - 28 Feb 04:32PM
I am busy writing a book and the publisher is asking for the graphics I have used from sibelius as seperate files. I used to do this in Finale by taking a EPS snapshots of segments of music, saving them in a folder and importing into word when and as i needed. In sibelius it appears you can only snapshot and store once off at a time to a clipboard and then paste that file into word. If you want to use it again somewhere, where is it? The only way is either to copy paste from the original word doc which is a drag as you have to find it, or do it again? You cant do multiple snapshots of different segments to paste later??

Where are these exported graphics stored collectively so the publisher can access and format with printed text???

Back to top | All threads

Re: Sib. 6.x: graphics export to word doc
Posted by Robin Walker - 28 Feb 05:50PM (edited 28 Feb 05:53PM)
Instead of copy-and-paste, select the area to be exported (using Alt-G), then use "File -> Export -> Graphics" to save the graphics files. In Sibelius 6 days, the EPS graphics exports could be imported to Word without loss.

--
Sibelius 2018.1/7.5.1/7.1.3/6.2/5.2.5, PhotoScore Ult 8.8.2, Dolet 6.6 for Sibelius, Windows 10 64-bit 16GB. Desktop, and Microsoft Surface Book.

Re: Sib. 6.x: graphics export to word doc
Posted by Andrew C Lilley - 01 Mar 08:01AM
Thanks - I see that sibelius creates a sub folder with the title of the saved file and stores all graphics in there, however these are saved with a default title. Is it possible to save the graphics with your own specified name at the point when the pic is taken such that one is able to clearly see what each refers to without having to go in after and rename and reidentify each? There doesnt appear to be the save option window in which one can give the graphic a unique title at the point when the graphic is taken??

Quick reply

To add a reply to the end of this thread, type it below, then click Reply.

(.sib, .png and .jpg only)

Messages in this thread

Sib. 6.x: graphics export to word doc - Andrew C Lilley, 28 Feb 04:32PM
     Re: Sib. 6.x: graphics export to word doc - Robin Walker, 28 Feb 05:50PM
         Re: Sib. 6.x: graphics export to word doc - Andrew C Lilley, 01 Mar 08:01AM