'Sib. 7.5: Mixer will not give me Orchestral Percussion as a choice, only studio ones'

Messages in this thread

Sib. 7.5: Mixer will not give me Orchestral Per... - Stephen Martin, 27 Feb 12:32PM
     Re: Sib. 7.5: Mixer will not give me Orchestral... - Robin Walker, 27 Feb 02:05PM
         Re: Sib. 7.5: Mixer will not give me Orchestral... - Stephen Martin, 27 Feb 09:13PM
             Re: Sib. 7.5: Mixer will not give me Orchestral... - Stephen Martin, 28 Feb 06:58AM
                 Re: Sib. 7.5: Mixer will not give me Orchestral... - Stephen Martin, 28 Feb 06:59AM
                     Re: Sib. 7.5: Mixer will not give me Orchestral... - Stephen Martin, 28 Feb 07:00AM
                         Re: Sib. 7.5: Mixer will not give me Orchestral... - Stephen Martin, 28 Feb 07:01AM
                             Re: Sib. 7.5: Mixer will not give me Orchestral... - Robin Walker, 28 Feb 10:42AM
                                 Re: Sib. 7.5: Mixer will not give me Orchestral... - Stephen Martin, 28 Feb 10:47AM
                                     Re: Sib. 7.5: Mixer will not give me Orchestral... - Mike Lyons, 28 Feb 09:10PM
                                         Re: Sib. 7.5: Mixer will not give me Orchestral... - Stephen Martin, 28 Feb 10:15PM

Sib. 7.5: Mixer will not give me Orchestral Percussion as a choice, only studio ones
Posted by Stephen Martin - 27 Feb 12:32PM (edited 27 Feb 12:33PM)
Hi all,

I don't know why I cannot change this in one of my scores. One of my scores with Bass drum, lets me choose, when I click on the mixer, orchestral bass drums, but in another score, when I click on the mixer, and choose Sibelius 7 sounds, it only gives studio drums as an option, and when I created the percussion score, I chose Bass drum out of the untuned orchestral percusion, yet it will always play back a studio bass drum. I have tried completely taking the sibelius player out, and using all piano to playback the score, and then I re-inserted the Sibelius player and set everything to Sib 7 playback, yet when I go to the bass drum in the mixer, it only gives me different studio drums as a choice, and if I stick it to "auto" it will still not load the orchestral bass drum.

Not sure how to fix this, thanks if anyone can help.

--
Stephen John Martin

Back to top | All threads

Re: Sib. 7.5: Mixer will not give me Orchestral Percussion as a choice, only studio ones
Posted by Robin Walker - 27 Feb 02:05PM
Please attach the two Sibelius .sib score files in question, so that we can inspect them and determine what the differences are.

--
Sibelius 2018.1/7.5.1/7.1.3/6.2/5.2.5, PhotoScore Ult 8.8.2, Dolet 6.6 for Sibelius, Windows 10 64-bit 16GB. Desktop, and Microsoft Surface Book.

Re: Sib. 7.5: Mixer will not give me Orchestral Percussion as a choice, only studio ones
Posted by Stephen Martin - 27 Feb 09:13PM
Hi Robin,

thanks for that. I'm just rushing off to get ready for a day of work so I will do this this evening.

thanks,

Steve.

--
Stephen John Martin

Posted by Stephen Martin - 28 Feb 06:58AM

Hi again Robin,

It looks as if I can only attach one file per message space so here I go. The attached score to this one, will not let me change the bass drum to an orchestral one.
--
Stephen John Martin
Attachment Score from Steve Martin with problem bass drum not being orchestral and no choice to change it to being orchestral.sib (241K)

Posted by Stephen Martin - 28 Feb 06:59AM

this score lets me use and orchestral bass drum
--
Stephen John Martin
Attachment score from Steve Martin with bass drum available as Orchestral.sib (223K)

Posted by Stephen Martin - 28 Feb 07:00AM
Here's a screen shot of the mixer and the choice it gives for the bass drums - this one only let me use Drum kit types

--
Stephen John Martin
Attachment Sibelius Score Steve Martin No Orchestral drums available.jpg (851K)

Posted by Stephen Martin - 28 Feb 07:01AM
this is a screen shot of the mixer where the score does let me choose orchestral drums

--
Stephen John Martin
Attachments Sibelius Score Steve Martin with Orchestral drums available mixer shot.jpg (922K), Sibelius Score Steve Martin with Orchestral drums available mixer shot.jpg (922K)

Posted by Robin Walker - 28 Feb 10:42AM
The two Bass Drums in each score are completely different instruments. In their Drum Maps, they do not share a single sound in common. So it is not surprising that the Mixer offers a different set of patches to meet the demands of the Drum Maps. The Mixer will offer only sample library patches which contain sounds required in the instrument's Drum Map.

If you are trying to change the playback sound of a drum line, then do not meddle with the Mixer, but specify the sound that you want precisely in the Drum Map (which will offer every unpitched percussion patch for selection).

--
Sibelius 2018.1/7.5.1/7.1.3/6.2/5.2.5, PhotoScore Ult 8.8.2, Dolet 6.6 for Sibelius, Windows 10 64-bit 16GB. Desktop, and Microsoft Surface Book.

Posted by Stephen Martin - 28 Feb 10:47AM
Hi Robin,

thanks so much for your answer. I really do appreciate you've taken the time to look at the scores and find out what is wrong. :-) I actually didn't know such a thing as a drum map existed, so thanks for pointing that out to me. I'm just going to re-open the score up, and go to the manual and find out more about this.'

thanks again for your support and help here Robin,

best,

Steve :-)

--
Stephen John Martin

Posted by Mike Lyons - 28 Feb 09:10PM
Do remember that each drum staff/instrument can only access instruments from one percussion 'patch'. You can't swap between them. if you need sounds from different patches, they will each need their own staff.

--
Win 10 Pro x64, 1.6GHz Intel i7 Quad core, 8GB,7TB 7200rpm HDD, Scarlett 6i6, Sib 6.2,7.5, 8.7.0 NotePerformer, GPO4 & 5, COMB2, EWQLSO Plat, EWQLSC,
Si me castigare vis, necesse est me intellexisse.

Posted by Stephen Martin - 28 Feb 10:15PM

Hi Mike,

thanks for that input. But I'm not sure how to do that, but I'll see what I can find in the user manual.

thanks again for your help,

Steve :-)

--
Stephen John Martin

Quick reply

To add a reply to the end of this thread, type it below, then click Reply.

(.sib, .png and .jpg only)

Messages in this thread

Sib. 7.5: Mixer will not give me Orchestral Per... - Stephen Martin, 27 Feb 12:32PM
     Re: Sib. 7.5: Mixer will not give me Orchestral... - Robin Walker, 27 Feb 02:05PM
         Re: Sib. 7.5: Mixer will not give me Orchestral... - Stephen Martin, 27 Feb 09:13PM
             Re: Sib. 7.5: Mixer will not give me Orchestral... - Stephen Martin, 28 Feb 06:58AM
                 Re: Sib. 7.5: Mixer will not give me Orchestral... - Stephen Martin, 28 Feb 06:59AM
                     Re: Sib. 7.5: Mixer will not give me Orchestral... - Stephen Martin, 28 Feb 07:00AM
                         Re: Sib. 7.5: Mixer will not give me Orchestral... - Stephen Martin, 28 Feb 07:01AM
                             Re: Sib. 7.5: Mixer will not give me Orchestral... - Robin Walker, 28 Feb 10:42AM
                                 Re: Sib. 7.5: Mixer will not give me Orchestral... - Stephen Martin, 28 Feb 10:47AM
                                     Re: Sib. 7.5: Mixer will not give me Orchestral... - Mike Lyons, 28 Feb 09:10PM
                                         Re: Sib. 7.5: Mixer will not give me Orchestral... - Stephen Martin, 28 Feb 10:15PM