'Avid Technology Names Jeff Rosica As CEO; Terminates Louis Hernandez, Jr.'

Messages in this thread

Avid Technology Names Jeff Rosica As CEO; Termi... - Bob Morabito, 26 Feb 01:33PM
     Re: Avid Technology Names Jeff Rosica As CEO; T... - Bob Morabito, 26 Feb 01:37PM
         Re: Avid Technology Names Jeff Rosica As CEO; T... - Bob Morabito, 26 Feb 01:58PM
             Re: Avid Technology Names Jeff Rosica As CEO; T... - Chris Crawley, 26 Feb 02:48PM
                 Re: Avid Technology Names Jeff Rosica As CEO; T... - Patrick O'Keefe, 26 Feb 06:44PM
                 Re: Avid Technology Names Jeff Rosica As CEO; T... - Peter Roos, 26 Feb 08:13PM
                     Re: Avid Technology Names Jeff Rosica As CEO; T... - Greg Jones, 26 Feb 09:02PM
                         Re: Avid Technology Names Jeff Rosica As CEO; T... - Peter Roos, 27 Feb 04:48AM
                             Re: Avid Technology Names Jeff Rosica As CEO; T... - Laurence Payne, 27 Feb 11:16AM
                                 Re: Avid Technology Names Jeff Rosica As CEO; T... - Greg Jones, 03 Mar 09:33PM
                                     Re: Avid Technology Names Jeff Rosica As CEO; T... - Peter Roos, 04 Mar 01:23AM
                                         Re: Avid Technology Names Jeff Rosica As CEO; T... - Greg Jones, 04 Mar 04:37AM

Avid Technology Names Jeff Rosica As CEO; Terminates Louis Hernandez, Jr.
Posted by Bob Morabito - 26 Feb 01:33PM (edited 27 Feb 10:08PM)

https://www.nasdaq.com/article/avid-technology-names-jeff-rosica-as-ceo-terminates-louis-hernandez-jr-20180226-00605

PS Please remove if not allowed--thank you.
--
Bob Morabito
Dorico 1.0.30
Sib 5.2.5, 6.2, 7.1.3. 7.5.1
Fin 2014.5
Mac OS 10.9.5 iMac 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD

https://soundcloud.com/bob-morabito

Back to top | All threads

Re: Avid Technology Names Jeff Rosica As CEO; Terminates Louis Hernandez, Jr.
Posted by Bob Morabito - 26 Feb 01:37PM
Avid Tech halted, news pending

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3334083-avid-tech-halted-news-pending

Avid Technology terminates CEO for misconduct; shares set to resume trading

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3334095-avid-technology-terminates-ceo-misconduct-shares-set-resume-trading?dr=1&uprof=82&utoken=fc0fdb245ccfa96d168aba7b84aab772#email_link

--
Bob Morabito
Dorico 1.0.30
Fin 2014.5

Posted by Bob Morabito - 26 Feb 01:58PM

https://globenewswire.com/news-release/2018/02/26/1387309/0/en/Avid-Technology-Announces-Appointment-of-Jeff-Rosica-as-Chief-Executive-Officer-and-Termination-of-Louis-Hernandez-Jr.html

--
Bob Morabito
Dorico 1.0.30
Fin 2014.5

Posted by Chris Crawley - 26 Feb 02:48PM
He didn't last long, did he? Or maybe his term is to be seen as average. His dismissal is the result of "a thorough investigation into allegations of improper non-financially related workplace conduct by Mr. Hernandez."

Nothing to do with monetary greed, then. That's a relief.

--
Chris Crawley (composer and horn-player) using Dorico 1.2.10, Sibelius 7.1.3, NotePerformer 2.0.2, Windows 10 64-bit, Intel Core i7, 3.30GHz, 64GB RAM, DacMagic 100

Posted by Patrick O'Keefe - 26 Feb 06:44PM
>"improper non-financially related workplace conduct"

A wonderful phrase when someone doesn't want to say "sexual harassment" or "sexual misconduct" in a press release.

> Nothing to do with monetary greed, then. That's a relief.

I think he probably had enough monetary greed to be deemed acceptable by Avid standards.

--
Patrick O'Keefe

Sib 7.5, GPO4, NotePerformer, lots of EWQL stuff
Win10 x64 Pro Intel i7-4771, 3.50Ghz, 16GB RAM

Posted by Peter Roos - 26 Feb 08:13PM
> He didn't last long, did he? Or maybe his term is to be seen as average. His dismissal is the result of "a thorough investigation into allegations of improper non-financially related workplace conduct by Mr. Hernandez."
>
> Nothing to do with monetary greed, then. That's a relief.
>
> --
> Chris Crawley (composer and horn-player) using Dorico 1.2.10, Sibelius 7.1.3, NotePerformer 2.0.2, Windows 10 64-bit, Intel Core i7, 3.30GHz, 64GB RAM, DacMagic 100

The same board that just fired him approved his salary and compensation package, so the reasons for his termination are not financially related.

In this day and age, I suspect - but have zero evidence back this up, so it's pure speculation - that the reason for his termination is similar to what got Harvey Weinstein and others fired from their jobs.

I suspect there'll be a lot of gossip about this at the upcoming Avid Consumer Association in Las Vegas (April 2018).

--
Peter Roos
www.summeroflovemusic.com
IMDb: www.imdb.com/name/nm2039241

Posted by Greg Jones - 26 Feb 09:02PM
In any case, this news is surprising. I guess we'll have more information as it develops, correct?

--
Sibelius 2018.1, MacBook Pro (17-inch, Mid 2010), MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015), macOS Version 10.13 High Sierra, Logic Pro, Garritan Personal Orchestra 4 and 5, Notion 6, Garritan Jazz Ensemble/Big Band 3, Garritan Concert and Marching Band 2, EastWest Composer Cloud, Note Performer 2.0.2, 8 GB 1067 Mhz DDR3 on MacBook Pro and 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 on MacBook Air, 2.53 GHz Intel Core i5 on MacBook Pro and 1.6 GHz Intel Core i5 on MacBook Air, WD My Passport Ultra 2 TB, Yamaha Motif XF8

Posted by Peter Roos - 27 Feb 04:48AM
> In any case, this news is surprising. I guess we'll have more information as it develops, correct?
>
> --

Quite frankly, I don't think so -- my educated guess is that the termination of Mr. Hernandez was related to personal misbehavior. As a result, he was terminated, and now Avid has a new CEO.

You're not likely to get details - very likely both Avid and Mr. Hernandez have competent legal counsel, and they negotiated a settlement agreement under which neither party is allowed to make any public statement.

In practical terms, the way I see it, it won't have any practical impact on Sibelius. Sam and Joe will carry on as usual.

--
Peter Roos

Posted by Laurence Payne - 27 Feb 11:16AM
There was a complaint from Sibelius that he screwed it a few years ago.

But, to continue the analogy, it seems at last to be moving on from the trauma. Can't play victim for ever.

Posted by Greg Jones - 03 Mar 09:33PM
So, will the news about Hernandez being replaced affect development of Sibelius? I'm just asking in general.

--
Sibelius 2018.1, MacBook Pro (17-inch, Mid 2010), MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015), macOS Version 10.13 High Sierra, Logic Pro, Garritan Personal Orchestra 4 and 5, Notion 6, Garritan Jazz Ensemble/Big Band 3, Garritan Concert and Marching Band 2, EastWest Composer Cloud, Note Performer 2.0.2, 8 GB 1067 Mhz DDR3 on MacBook Pro and 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 on MacBook Air, 2.53 GHz Intel Core i5 on MacBook Pro and 1.6 GHz Intel Core i5 on MacBook Air, WD My Passport Ultra 2 TB, Yamaha Motif XF8

Posted by Peter Roos - 04 Mar 01:23AM
> So, will the news about Hernandez being replaced affect development of Sibelius? I'm just asking in general.
>

No. Can't speak for Sam & Joe, but Hernandez' replacement has absolutely nothing to do with Sibelius, nor will it have any impact on Sibelius.

Unless -- putting on my tinfoil conspiracy cap -- the new CEO Jeff Rosico has a deep rooted hatred for anything related to music engraving, and his first step as new CEO will be to kill the product and fire everyone working for it. I don't know the man, but I'm willing to venture that that is not the case.

Actually, that gives me an idea - I still have one share of Avid, currently worth $4.86. I could call into the next investor conference call and ask the CEO whether he has any special plans for Sibelius.

Or better yet - I'll send the Board a question via the contact age. There's a form on the Avid website, I'll keep you posted.

--
Peter Roos

Posted by Greg Jones - 04 Mar 04:37AM (edited 07 Mar 11:26PM)
> > So, will the news about Hernandez being replaced affect development of Sibelius? I'm just asking in general.
> >
>
>
> No. Can't speak for Sam & Joe, but Hernandez' replacement has absolutely nothing to do with Sibelius, nor will it have any impact on Sibelius.
>
> Unless -- putting on my tinfoil conspiracy cap -- the new CEO Jeff Rosico has a deep rooted hatred for anything related to music engraving, and his first step as new CEO will be to kill the product and fire everyone working for it. I don't know the man, but I'm willing to venture that that is not the case.
>
> Actually, that gives me an idea - I still have one share of Avid, currently worth $4.86. I could call into the next investor conference call and ask the CEO whether he has any special plans for Sibelius.
>
> Or better yet - I'll send the Board a question via the contact age. There's a form on the Avid website, I'll keep you posted.
>
>
> --
> Peter Roos
> www.summeroflovemusic.com
> IMDb: www.imdb.com/name/nm2039241

I see. I've contacted Sam about this matter and here's what he said:

Hi Greg,

Many thanks for getting in touch. It was certainly unexpected to hear about Louis’ departure, but sounds like it was the right thing to do, of course. I know nothing more than what’s been made public, however I know our new CEO, Jeff Rosica, will be great. He has a lot of interest in the future of Sibelius and our other creative applications so we’re in good hands.

Our roadmap for this year is really taking shape and we’re excited with what we have in store for everyone.

Sam

--

Quick reply

To add a reply to the end of this thread, type it below, then click Reply.

(.sib, .png and .jpg only)

Messages in this thread

Avid Technology Names Jeff Rosica As CEO; Termi... - Bob Morabito, 26 Feb 01:33PM
     Re: Avid Technology Names Jeff Rosica As CEO; T... - Bob Morabito, 26 Feb 01:37PM
         Re: Avid Technology Names Jeff Rosica As CEO; T... - Bob Morabito, 26 Feb 01:58PM
             Re: Avid Technology Names Jeff Rosica As CEO; T... - Chris Crawley, 26 Feb 02:48PM
                 Re: Avid Technology Names Jeff Rosica As CEO; T... - Patrick O'Keefe, 26 Feb 06:44PM
                 Re: Avid Technology Names Jeff Rosica As CEO; T... - Peter Roos, 26 Feb 08:13PM
                     Re: Avid Technology Names Jeff Rosica As CEO; T... - Greg Jones, 26 Feb 09:02PM
                         Re: Avid Technology Names Jeff Rosica As CEO; T... - Peter Roos, 27 Feb 04:48AM
                             Re: Avid Technology Names Jeff Rosica As CEO; T... - Laurence Payne, 27 Feb 11:16AM
                                 Re: Avid Technology Names Jeff Rosica As CEO; T... - Greg Jones, 03 Mar 09:33PM
                                     Re: Avid Technology Names Jeff Rosica As CEO; T... - Peter Roos, 04 Mar 01:23AM
                                         Re: Avid Technology Names Jeff Rosica As CEO; T... - Greg Jones, 04 Mar 04:37AM