'vocal sounds (SATB) play behind the beat'

Messages in this thread

vocal sounds (SATB) play behind the beat - tony castro, 13 Jan 10:29AM
     Re: vocal sounds (SATB) play behind the beat - Robin Walker, 13 Jan 10:39AM
         Re: vocal sounds (SATB) play behind the beat - Adrian Drover, 13 Jan 12:59PM
             Re: vocal sounds (SATB) play behind the beat - Laurence Payne, 13 Jan 01:29PM

vocal sounds (SATB) play behind the beat
Posted by tony castro - 13 Jan 10:29AM
SATB vocal sounds seems to sound persistently behind the beat. Doesn’t happen with other instruments. Any clues as to a fix or work around much appreciated - it's driving me nuts!
Using recent iMac and Sib 8.7.2

Back to top | All threads

Re: vocal sounds (SATB) play behind the beat
Posted by Robin Walker - 13 Jan 10:39AM
It's possible that your observation is an illusion stemming from the very soft "attack" of the vocal sounds. If you would like further investigation, please attach a Sibelius .sib score file which demonstrates the problem.

--
Sibelius 8.7.2/7.5.1/7.1.3/6.2/5.2.5, PhotoScore Ult 8.8.2, Dolet 6.6 for Sibelius, Windows 10 64-bit 16GB. Desktop, and Microsoft Surface Book.

Posted by Adrian Drover - 13 Jan 12:59PM
If it's really driving you nuts, Tony, you could substitute a different sound for playback. Avid won't pay for your mental health treatment.

Posted by Laurence Payne - 13 Jan 01:29PM (edited 13 Jan 01:31PM)
The Sibelius voice sounds are only good for 'Disney choir'. For clear rhythms and a clean attack substitute other sounds. When making rehearsal tracks for my choir I've found their favourites are brass instruments - trombone for the men, horn or trumpet for the ladies. You may find bassoon/oboe more refined, but less direct.

Quick reply

To add a reply to the end of this thread, type it below, then click Reply.

(.sib, .png and .jpg only)

Messages in this thread

vocal sounds (SATB) play behind the beat - tony castro, 13 Jan 10:29AM
     Re: vocal sounds (SATB) play behind the beat - Robin Walker, 13 Jan 10:39AM
         Re: vocal sounds (SATB) play behind the beat - Adrian Drover, 13 Jan 12:59PM
             Re: vocal sounds (SATB) play behind the beat - Laurence Payne, 13 Jan 01:29PM