'Sib. 8 demo - using pen on HP Spectre x360 - pen taps not working'

Messages in this thread

Sib. 8 demo - using pen on HP Spectre x360 - pe... - ParrotAndPiano, 12 Jan 08:47PM

Sib. 8 demo - using pen on HP Spectre x360 - pen taps not working
Posted by ParrotAndPiano - 12 Jan 08:47PM
Hello - this is my first message here - thanks if anyone can help. I just downloaded a demo of Sibelius 8 to see if it's worth me paying to upgrade from 7

I have an HP Spectre x360 which has a superb pen, similar to the Surface Pen. I can hover over the screen in "Input Notes" mode (as specified in the Avid video) and the cursor follows the pen, and it even ghosts in those suggested notes in grey as I move. But if I tap on the screen it does nothing - it won't add a note. Indeed, if I tap I can drag the page around, as if you're dragging with your finger, but it won't input a note on a single tap.

Has anyone managed to input notes using a pen on a non-Surface computer, especially a Spectre x360?

Is there a setting behind the scenes where you can enable a pen? I looked under Settings-Input Devices but couldn't see anything.

Thanks in advance if anyone has any advice. Apologies if this has been dealt with - I did search the forums and online and found nothing, strangely, which makes me wonder if I have a strange glitch. However, I use the pen in other programmes without problem.

Chris
HP Spectre x360
Sib. 8 demo

Back to top | All threads

Quick reply

To add a reply to the end of this thread, type it below, then click Reply.

(.sib, .png and .jpg only)

Messages in this thread

Sib. 8 demo - using pen on HP Spectre x360 - pe... - ParrotAndPiano, 12 Jan 08:47PM