'Sib. 6.x: remove key signature and time signature after first stave'

Messages in this thread

Sib. 6.x: remove key signature and time signatu... - Andrew C Lilley, 12 Jan 10:16AM
     Re: Sib. 6.x: remove key signature and time sig... - Adrian Drover, 12 Jan 10:51AM
         Re: Sib. 6.x: remove key signature and time sig... - Robin Walker, 12 Jan 11:07AM
         Re: Sib. 6.x: remove key signature and time sig... - Laurence Payne, 14 Jan 12:17PM
     Re: Sib. 6.x: remove key signature and time sig... - Dave P-B, 12 Jan 11:05AM
         Re: Sib. 6.x: remove key signature and time sig... - Adrian Drover, 14 Jan 02:59PM

Sib. 6.x: remove key signature and time signature after first stave
Posted by Andrew C Lilley - 12 Jan 10:16AM
Is there a plugin that will do this. It is common in jazz to lose the key and time signature after the first stave. I used to do this easily in Finale and then switched to sibelius but this appears not to be an available option?

Back to top | All threads

Re: Sib. 6.x: remove key signature and time signature after first stave
Posted by Adrian Drover - 12 Jan 10:51AM
You can only do this system by system via the inspector. Same for clefs. But why go to the bother? Showing the key sig only once is a throwback to the hand copying days when speed was a necessity. As Sib takes the effort out of the copyist's hands, you might as well take advantage of it.

Posted by Robin Walker - 12 Jan 11:07AM
See also:
https://www.scoringnotes.com/tips/create-lead-sheets-in-the-real-book-style/

--
Sibelius 8.7.2/7.5.1/7.1.3/6.2/5.2.5, PhotoScore Ult 8.8.2, Dolet 6.6 for Sibelius, Windows 10 64-bit 16GB. Desktop, and Microsoft Surface Book.

Posted by Laurence Payne - 14 Jan 12:17PM
> You can only do this system by system via the inspector. Same for clefs. But why go to the bother? Showing the key sig only once is a throwback to the hand copying days when speed was a necessity. As Sib takes the effort out of the copyist's hands, you might as well take advantage of it.

--
Have you changed your mind about repeats too, Adrian? :-)

Posted by Dave P-B - 12 Jan 11:05AM (edited 12 Jan 12:39PM)
Removed post. Scoring notes link above explains more eloquently.

Cheers,
Dave

--
Sib 8.5.1
MacPro, 16GB RAM, OS 10.11.6
http://www.davepb.com

Posted by Adrian Drover - 14 Jan 02:59PM (edited 14 Jan 03:47PM)
Have you changed your mind about repeats too, Adrian?

Definitely not, Laurence, especially those that require alternative endings or signs & codas. Just finished a 200 measure big band samba with no repeats apart from a simple 8 measure riff near the end that can be used as a mechanical fade out.

But, in case you're thinking I have a preference for clef/keySig-less systems, it's not so. Either way is OK for me. Practically all the music I was involved with on record and broadcasting sessions before computer publishing came about was prepared in the way Andrew is asking about, so it's not a problem for me. I do tho' prefer bold hand written fonts. They're better for my aging eyes.

Quick reply

To add a reply to the end of this thread, type it below, then click Reply.

(.sib, .png and .jpg only)

Messages in this thread

Sib. 6.x: remove key signature and time signatu... - Andrew C Lilley, 12 Jan 10:16AM
     Re: Sib. 6.x: remove key signature and time sig... - Adrian Drover, 12 Jan 10:51AM
         Re: Sib. 6.x: remove key signature and time sig... - Robin Walker, 12 Jan 11:07AM
         Re: Sib. 6.x: remove key signature and time sig... - Laurence Payne, 14 Jan 12:17PM
     Re: Sib. 6.x: remove key signature and time sig... - Dave P-B, 12 Jan 11:05AM
         Re: Sib. 6.x: remove key signature and time sig... - Adrian Drover, 14 Jan 02:59PM