'Sib. 7.5: Where are the tenors??'

Messages in this thread

Sib. 7.5: Where are the tenors?? - Nikolaj Bentzon, 09 Jan 09:05AM
     Re: Sib. 7.5: Where are the tenors?? - Adrian Drover, 09 Jan 09:35AM
         Re: Sib. 7.5: Where are the tenors?? - Wim Hoogewerf, 09 Jan 09:54AM
             Re: Sib. 7.5: Where are the tenors?? - Nikolaj Bentzon, 09 Jan 10:01AM
                 Re: Sib. 7.5: Where are the tenors?? - Adrian Drover, 09 Jan 10:39AM
                     Re: Sib. 7.5: Where are the tenors?? - Nikolaj Bentzon, 09 Jan 10:56AM
                         Re: Sib. 7.5: Where are the tenors?? - Jeff Hale, 09 Jan 02:36PM
                             Re: Sib. 7.5: Where are the tenors?? - Nikolaj Bentzon, 09 Jan 03:37PM
                                 Re: Sib. 7.5: Where are the tenors?? - Laurence Payne, 09 Jan 03:57PM
                                     Re: Sib. 7.5: Where are the tenors?? - Nikolaj Bentzon, 09 Jan 04:12PM
                                         Re: Sib. 7.5: Where are the tenors?? - Nikolaj Bentzon, 10 Jan 09:57AM

Sib. 7.5: Where are the tenors??
Posted by Nikolaj Bentzon - 09 Jan 09:05AM
Why don´t Sib 7 Sounds play back the tenor saxophones in the attached score, please........? :-(

Thanks!

Nikolaj
Attachment Enduring questions solo Trombone.sib (187K)

Back to top | All threads

Re: Sib. 7.5: Where are the tenors??
Posted by Adrian Drover - 09 Jan 09:35AM
I don't have sib sounds, but the tenor saxes are loud and clear on both my NP & Yamaha XGM playback.

Posted by Wim Hoogewerf - 09 Jan 09:54AM
Score plays correct for me as well with Sibelius 7 Sounds (Jazz). In Edit Instruments I see that the Tenor Sax uses 'Jazz Tenor Sax 1' Could it be that you're missing this sample?

--
MacOS 10.9.5 Sibelius 8.7.2

Posted by Nikolaj Bentzon - 09 Jan 10:01AM
Thanks, guys.......it doesn´t matter which kind of tenor play back sound I choose - I still get no sound. Did I unknowingly tick off something....?

Posted by Adrian Drover - 09 Jan 10:39AM
Play on pass: Normal (checked).
Note head style: Normal (#0).
Can't think of any other reason considering it behaves on Wim's sounds.

Posted by Nikolaj Bentzon - 09 Jan 10:56AM
Thanks also to you, Adrian. I f I switch the play back choice in the mixer to e.g. alto sax, it plays back. Never had an issue with the tenor sound before...:-(

Posted by Jeff Hale - 09 Jan 02:36PM
Have you installed the bass clarinet patch? (It fixed more than just the bass clarinet.)

--
windows 7 and 10 Professional, Sibelius 7.1.3 and 8.7.2

Posted by Nikolaj Bentzon - 09 Jan 03:37PM
Indeed, Jeff, I installed it. Maybe I should re-install it.......?

Posted by Laurence Payne - 09 Jan 03:57PM
You could check back in this forum to see what size your Sounds folder ought to be, reinstall over the top if it's too small. Or just reinstall anyway, if the big download is practical. You'll need to reapply the BCP after doing this.

Posted by Nikolaj Bentzon - 09 Jan 04:12PM
Thanks, Laurence. Seems to be the way forward. I just found out that any chart here present the same problem when playing it back with Sib Sounds 7

Posted by Nikolaj Bentzon - 10 Jan 09:57AM
Arrrgh! Can´t find the Sib Sounds 7 download on Avid´s website. Would you please direct me? Thanks.

Quick reply

To add a reply to the end of this thread, type it below, then click Reply.

(.sib, .png and .jpg only)

Messages in this thread

Sib. 7.5: Where are the tenors?? - Nikolaj Bentzon, 09 Jan 09:05AM
     Re: Sib. 7.5: Where are the tenors?? - Adrian Drover, 09 Jan 09:35AM
         Re: Sib. 7.5: Where are the tenors?? - Wim Hoogewerf, 09 Jan 09:54AM
             Re: Sib. 7.5: Where are the tenors?? - Nikolaj Bentzon, 09 Jan 10:01AM
                 Re: Sib. 7.5: Where are the tenors?? - Adrian Drover, 09 Jan 10:39AM
                     Re: Sib. 7.5: Where are the tenors?? - Nikolaj Bentzon, 09 Jan 10:56AM
                         Re: Sib. 7.5: Where are the tenors?? - Jeff Hale, 09 Jan 02:36PM
                             Re: Sib. 7.5: Where are the tenors?? - Nikolaj Bentzon, 09 Jan 03:37PM
                                 Re: Sib. 7.5: Where are the tenors?? - Laurence Payne, 09 Jan 03:57PM
                                     Re: Sib. 7.5: Where are the tenors?? - Nikolaj Bentzon, 09 Jan 04:12PM
                                         Re: Sib. 7.5: Where are the tenors?? - Nikolaj Bentzon, 10 Jan 09:57AM