'Sib. 7.5: Problem move text on title pages'

Messages in this thread

Sib. 7.5: Problem move text on title pages - Patrick O'Keefe, 08 Jan 06:27PM
     Re: Sib. 7.5: Problem move text on title pages - Wim Hoogewerf, 08 Jan 09:15PM

Sib. 7.5: Problem move text on title pages
Posted by Patrick O'Keefe - 08 Jan 06:27PM (edited 08 Jan 06:27PM)
In a piece for clarinet quartet I unintentionally used a House Style specifying "Tabloid" page size. I had intended "Letter" or "Concert". I noticed this after having created several frontpiece pages.

After switching to the smaller page size the frontpiece text landed in some very strange places. Stuff originally on page 3 ended up on page 2. (I would have expected the opposite.) Some of the rearranged text could not be selected to be moved. In the attached sample - the frontpiece pages plus one measure of music - an example is the line "Program notes"; I am unable to select it. The block of text following now spans pages 2 and 3. I can select the block if I click on the page 2 section but not if I click on the page 1 section.

It appears that stuff from the old page 3 can be selected only if it is on the new page 3. Is this expected behavior?

How do I deal with it if it happens again?

I coped this time by moving the text down on the tabloid page so that it was still on page 3 when converted to the smaller page size.

--
Patrick O'Keefe

Sib 7.5, GPO4, NotePerformer, lots of EWQL stuff
Win10 x64 Pro Intel i7-4771, 3.50Ghz, 16GB RAM
Attachment Title test.sib (42K)

Back to top | All threads

Re: Sib. 7.5: Problem move text on title pages
Posted by Wim Hoogewerf - 08 Jan 09:15PM
After changing your Tabloid into Letter (in Sibelius 8.7.2) no 'disaster' happened, only the foreseeable effect of text blocks being too big for the page. Changing Staff-size from 6.1 to, say, 4.5 sets everything back to normal with very little clean-up to do.
Perhaps what you described relates to Version 7.5?

--
MacOS 10.9.5 Sibelius 8.5.1

Back to top | All threads

Quick reply

To add a reply to the end of this thread, type it below, then click Reply.

(.sib, .png and .jpg only)

Messages in this thread

Sib. 7.5: Problem move text on title pages - Patrick O'Keefe, 08 Jan 06:27PM
     Re: Sib. 7.5: Problem move text on title pages - Wim Hoogewerf, 08 Jan 09:15PM