'Sib. 7.5: Positioning of subtitles in parts'

Messages in this thread

Sib. 7.5: Positioning of subtitles in parts - Stephen PW Lines, 04 Jan 11:57AM
     Re: Sib. 7.5: Positioning of subtitles in parts - Wim Hoogewerf, 04 Jan 06:10PM
         Re: Sib. 7.5: Positioning of subtitles in parts - Stephen PW Lines, 07 Jan 08:05PM

Sib. 7.5: Positioning of subtitles in parts
Posted by Stephen PW Lines - 04 Jan 11:57AM
Can anyone advise on the following please: In Sibelius v.7 I am having difficulty with the positioning of subtitles that designate separate movements in a piece (e.g. I: Scherzo, II: Andante, III: Allegro)...whilst they're fine in the full score they don't position themselves correctly in the parts....indeed in the parts the subtitles cover the musical notations. Of course I can correct the positioning of the subtitles in the parts using 'dynamic parts' without affecting their positioning in the score but, and here's the nub of the problem, even after dynamically amending the parts as described - when I export to PDF 'Score and parts in one file' the subtitles are still incorrectly positioned. Presumably there is a solution within Sibelius which I am yet to find.

An alternative fix would be to incorporate the score and parts into one PDF file maybe using different software: some of the sites on which I sell my music will only accept a single PDF - so I can't seem to find a way of incorporating the score and all of the (dynamically adjusted) parts into one PDF for uploading to the site. 

I think I'm nearly there but would welcome a final 'push' to help me over the line called 'success'.

Read more: http://sonsofsibelius.proboards.com/thread/3063/sibelius#ixzz53DSbWg75

Back to top | All threads

Re: Sib. 7.5: Positioning of subtitles in parts
Posted by Wim Hoogewerf - 04 Jan 06:10PM
OK, a little 'push' then: you can set Default Positions for System Text like Subtitles both for Full Score and for Parts. Same for the Size. Normally the Subtitle in the Full Score is farther away from the staff. The way to go is first set the Subtitles back to Default Position (once an item has been moved manually, it won't react to a change in the settings) and change your settings until your satisfied. Next, if the Subtitle in the Parts overlap with the notes in the staff above you can sort this out by using Layout 'Optimise Vertical Spacing'

--
MacOS 10.9.5 Sibelius 8.5.1

Re: Sib. 7.5: Positioning of subtitles in parts
Posted by Stephen PW Lines - 07 Jan 08:05PM
Thank you Wim, I'll have a crack at exactly what you say. I'm not looking forward to the task I must admit as I have 87 scores out there being sold - thankfully many of them have only a single movement. I do very much appreciate your assistance.

Quick reply

To add a reply to the end of this thread, type it below, then click Reply.

(.sib, .png and .jpg only)

Messages in this thread

Sib. 7.5: Positioning of subtitles in parts - Stephen PW Lines, 04 Jan 11:57AM
     Re: Sib. 7.5: Positioning of subtitles in parts - Wim Hoogewerf, 04 Jan 06:10PM
         Re: Sib. 7.5: Positioning of subtitles in parts - Stephen PW Lines, 07 Jan 08:05PM