'Sib. 7.5: Bowing playback of solo viola'

Messages in this thread

Sib. 7.5: Bowing playback of solo viola - Mark Browse, 01 Jan 12:53PM
     Re: Sib. 7.5: Bowing playback of solo viola - Adrian Drover, 01 Jan 01:48PM
         Re: Sib. 7.5: Bowing playback of solo viola - Mark Browse, 01 Jan 02:18PM
             Re: Sib. 7.5: Bowing playback of solo viola - Steven Edis, 03 Jan 11:52PM
                 Re: Sib. 7.5: Bowing playback of solo viola - Robin Walker, 04 Jan 10:51AM

Sib. 7.5: Bowing playback of solo viola
Posted by Mark Browse - 01 Jan 12:53PM
I have a piece which includes a slow viola solo. When playing this back, Sibelius changes the direction of the bow in some of the long notes, effectively breaking them into two notes. In the attached file (which is just a four-bar excerpt from a longer piece) the very last note does this. Is there a way of controlling this behaviour? An accomplished real player would be able to change imperceptibly from down-bow to up-bow if necessary.
Attachment Viola slow coming up for air excerpt.sib (135K)

Back to top | All threads

Re: Sib. 7.5: Bowing playback of solo viola
Posted by Adrian Drover - 01 Jan 01:48PM
I can't hear any change of bowing on long or tied notes with NP. What are you using for playback?

Posted by Mark Browse - 01 Jan 02:18PM
I'm using the sounds that came with Sibelius 7.5

Posted by Steven Edis - 03 Jan 11:52PM
Plays back ok for me. Using sounds that came with Sibelius.

Posted by Robin Walker - 04 Jan 10:51AM
Sample attached above has a dangling tie. We can't really tell anything from that.

--
Sibelius 8.7.2/7.5.1/7.1.3/6.2/5.2.5, PhotoScore Ult 8.8.2, Dolet 6.6 for Sibelius, Windows 10 64-bit 16GB. Desktop, and Microsoft Surface Book.

Quick reply

To add a reply to the end of this thread, type it below, then click Reply.

(.sib, .png and .jpg only)

Messages in this thread

Sib. 7.5: Bowing playback of solo viola - Mark Browse, 01 Jan 12:53PM
     Re: Sib. 7.5: Bowing playback of solo viola - Adrian Drover, 01 Jan 01:48PM
         Re: Sib. 7.5: Bowing playback of solo viola - Mark Browse, 01 Jan 02:18PM
             Re: Sib. 7.5: Bowing playback of solo viola - Steven Edis, 03 Jan 11:52PM
                 Re: Sib. 7.5: Bowing playback of solo viola - Robin Walker, 04 Jan 10:51AM