'photoscore touplet Quadrouplet'

Messages in this thread

photoscore touplet Quadrouplet - Danielvs, 31 Dec 02:18PM
     Re: photoscore touplet Quadrouplet - Robin Walker, 31 Dec 02:36PM
     Re: photoscore touplet Quadrouplet - Mike Lyons, 31 Dec 02:38PM
         Re: photoscore touplet Quadrouplet - Laurence Payne, 31 Dec 03:03PM
             Re: photoscore touplet Quadrouplet - Danielvs, 31 Dec 03:56PM
                 Re: photoscore touplet Quadrouplet - Danielvs, 31 Dec 04:00PM
                     Re: photoscore touplet Quadrouplet - Laurence Payne, 31 Dec 04:42PM
                         Re: photoscore touplet Quadrouplet - Robin Walker, 31 Dec 05:05PM
                             Re: photoscore touplet Quadrouplet - Laurence Payne, 31 Dec 05:25PM
                                 Re: photoscore touplet Quadrouplet - Danielvs, 02 Jan 08:55AM

photoscore touplet Quadrouplet
Posted by Danielvs - 31 Dec 02:18PM
Hi I scanned a PDF quite accurately with one flaw:
On page one, some 8th and 16th have a touplet/quadrouplet added. When I delete it the 4/4 becomes a 9/8?
Is there a way to just erase the touplet/quadrouplet sign since it would be correct otherwise. I mean no big deal but if it was possible - why not!
Thank for any help.
Daniel

Back to top | All threads

Re: photoscore touplet Quadrouplet
Posted by Robin Walker - 31 Dec 02:36PM
It's difficult to help when we cannot see what you can see. It's possible that you need to redefine the time signature for the bar in question.

In PhotoScore, you can disable recognition of tuplets, but hat only helps if done before the page has been read, not afterwards.

--
Sibelius 8.7.2/7.5.1/7.1.3/6.2/5.2.5, PhotoScore Ult 8.8.2, Dolet 6.6 for Sibelius, Windows 10 64-bit 16GB. Desktop, and Microsoft Surface Book.

Posted by Mike Lyons - 31 Dec 02:38PM
If it is written in 4/4 with triplet 8ths, and you want to get rid of the little 3 and the bracket, I would do that in sibelius, rather than Photoscore. It is possible, to do what you seem to be suggesting (changing the 4/4 TS into 12/8 (not 9/8) but if you aren't careful, you could make a complete mess of the whole thing.

Not really sure what you're asking. Apologies if I guessed wrong!

--
Win 10 Pro x64, 1.6GHz Intel i7 Quad core, 8GB,7TB 7200rpm HDD, Scarlett 6i6, Sib 6.2,7.5, 8.7.0 NotePerformer, GPO4 & 5, COMB2, EWQLSO Plat, EWQLSC,
Si me castigare vis, necesse est me intellexisse.

Posted by Laurence Payne - 31 Dec 03:03PM
If you get a 'problem' bar in Photoscore, just clear it completely and re-enter the notes when the score reaches Sibelius.

Posted by Danielvs - 31 Dec 03:56PM
In the orig. PDF bar 6 +7 without touplets/quadraloups
In Sibelius it is with Quadraloups etc.
The annoying thing is not changing the touplets etc. but I have to change each bar back int 4/4 because after I delete the douplet/quadraloup the bars have one 8th too many and I have to redo the bar into a proper 4/4. png on next reply.
Attachment 2017-12-31 (2).png (522K)

Posted by Danielvs - 31 Dec 04:00PM
in this you see bar 6 +7 where I erased the quadraloup/touplet and now it has a 8th to much.

Like I said it might not be possible to circumvent the issue, but I wondered if there was a sollution anyways.
Happy new year in any case :)
Attachment 2017-12-31 (3).png (819K)

Posted by Laurence Payne - 31 Dec 04:42PM
You appear to have transferred a score from PhotoScore to Sibelius without first correcting all timing errors. You must not do this!

Posted by Robin Walker - 31 Dec 05:05PM
This cannot be corrected in Sibelius. Go back to PhotoScore and make all corrections there, before transfer to Sibelius.

--
Sibelius 8.7.2/7.5.1/7.1.3/6.2/5.2.5, PhotoScore Ult 8.8.2, Dolet 6.6 for Sibelius, Windows 10 64-bit 16GB. Desktop, and Microsoft Surface Book.

Posted by Laurence Payne - 31 Dec 05:25PM
You MIGHT be able to rescue this by a Select All then R (for Repeat). Discard the first half of the result (System-select, press Delete). If the problem bars acquire extra rests and a strange time-signature, you MAY be able to start correcting.

Better to go back to PhotoScore though and deal with all the indicated errors properly. Like I said, the best way to deal with a probmem bar may be to delete everything in it and re-enter when in Sibelius. An empty bar won't be an error!

Posted by Danielvs - 02 Jan 08:55AM
Thank you all!

Quick reply

To add a reply to the end of this thread, type it below, then click Reply.

(.sib, .png and .jpg only)

Messages in this thread

photoscore touplet Quadrouplet - Danielvs, 31 Dec 02:18PM
     Re: photoscore touplet Quadrouplet - Robin Walker, 31 Dec 02:36PM
     Re: photoscore touplet Quadrouplet - Mike Lyons, 31 Dec 02:38PM
         Re: photoscore touplet Quadrouplet - Laurence Payne, 31 Dec 03:03PM
             Re: photoscore touplet Quadrouplet - Danielvs, 31 Dec 03:56PM
                 Re: photoscore touplet Quadrouplet - Danielvs, 31 Dec 04:00PM
                     Re: photoscore touplet Quadrouplet - Laurence Payne, 31 Dec 04:42PM
                         Re: photoscore touplet Quadrouplet - Robin Walker, 31 Dec 05:05PM
                             Re: photoscore touplet Quadrouplet - Laurence Payne, 31 Dec 05:25PM
                                 Re: photoscore touplet Quadrouplet - Danielvs, 02 Jan 08:55AM