Messages in this thread

Vote for Sibelius Future - Kai Struck, 30 Dec 11:55AM
     Re: Vote for Sibelius Future - Laurence Payne, 30 Dec 01:40PM
         Re: Vote for Sibelius Future - James, 30 Dec 04:01PM
             Re: Vote for Sibelius Future - Peter Roos, 31 Dec 02:06AM
                 Re: Vote for Sibelius Future - Chris Crawley, 31 Dec 12:42PM
                     Re: Vote for Sibelius Future - James, 31 Dec 12:51PM
                     Re: Vote for Sibelius Future - Peter Roos, 31 Dec 03:28PM
                         Re: Vote for Sibelius Future - Laurence Payne, 31 Dec 03:38PM
                             Re: Vote for Sibelius Future - James, 31 Dec 05:42PM
                     Re: Vote for Sibelius Future - Patrick O'Keefe, 31 Dec 07:53PM
                         Re: Vote for Sibelius Future - Jeff Hale, 02 Jan 06:18PM
                             Re: Vote for Sibelius Future - Laurence Payne, 02 Jan 06:42PM

Vote for Sibelius Future
Posted by Kai Struck - 30 Dec 11:55AM
Now there again is the possibility to Vote and rank future features of Sibelius at the Second Annual ACA Vote.
http://www.avidcustomerassociation.com/vote

These are the items you can order by importance:
-Faster score editing workflows
-Enhanced Integration with Pro Tools
-Sibelius for iOS
-Sync your own MP3 with Sibelius | Cloud Sharing
-In-App marketplace - ability to buy virtual instruments, supporting applications and music fonts within Sibelius
-Sibelius for Chrome OS
-Marketplace for Virtual Instruments - Ability to purchase additional virtual instruments inside the Sibelius application
-Cloud Publishing Tempo / Slider Control - Ability to alter tempo on online scores
-IN Browser Midi Playback - MIDI playback of scores directly from browser
-Sibelius UI Enhancement - Streamlined workflows and updated ,inspector focused workflows

--

Windows7 Pro, Lubuntu 15.10, Sibelius 7.1.3
Free Project: LibreOffice Songbook Architect (LOSA)
http://struckkai.blogspot.de/2015/04/libreofficesongbookarchitect.html

Back to top | All threads

Re: Vote for Sibelius Future
Posted by Laurence Payne - 30 Dec 01:40PM
At least it didn't crrash half-way through this time! Though there was ine 'invalid certificate' error to negotiate.

Not much there for us. It's mostly corporate jargon.

Posted by James - 30 Dec 04:01PM
Of course, it doesn't list what most people want the most: to fix all the bugs and problems enumerated in idea scale that we have complained about for years and years and years.

--
Mac OS 10.12 Sierra
Sibelius 6.2

Posted by Peter Roos - 31 Dec 02:06AM
Interesting but way too long survey, heavily slanted towards video and audio production, media corporation (and asset management), and put together by marketing guys - has little to do with suggesting concrete improvements for Sibelius. I would just suggest those to Joe and Sam directly, or post them here.

I was kind of amused by the question of how I see the brands, in terms of their vision of the future and how they stack up against the competition. I would encourage everyone to do the survey, it is tediously long, but it's like voting -- you individual vote may not make a huge difference, but if you want to be heard by the "Big People", this is your opportunity.

--
Peter Roos
www.summeroflovemusic.com
IMDb: www.imdb.com/name/nm2039241

Posted by Chris Crawley - 31 Dec 12:42PM
Well, I went through it all and it failed to submit at the end - just a perpetually spinning semicircle. I'm certainly not doing it again.

A lot of it seems to me total garbage. And some of it I didn't understand at all, couched as it was in some awful jargon.

Here's a sample: "NEXUS clients use Avid Adaptive Load Balancing for network redundancy and to aggregate the performance of multiple network links."

Is this the sort of language and the sort of thought-processes that characterise creative types like composers and arrangers? Or is it some corporate-speak that simply underlines the gap between "them" and "us"?

--
Chris Crawley (composer and horn-player) using Dorico 1.2, Sibelius 7.1.3, NotePerformer 2.0.2, Windows 10 64-bit, Intel Core i7, 3.30GHz, 64GB RAM, DacMagic 100

Posted by James - 31 Dec 12:51PM
This is the language of deception and failure. Management is marketing themselves to share holders and to other management. But they are all just fooling themselves. It's hollow. They have lost track of THE fundamental of business: customer, customer, customer. That is the way they can turn this around. Will they?

--
Mac OS 10.12 Sierra
Sibelius 6.2

Posted by Peter Roos - 31 Dec 03:28PM

> Here's a sample: "NEXUS clients use Avid Adaptive Load Balancing for network redundancy and to aggregate the performance of multiple network links."
>

That kind of stuff is probably really useful for TV networks and broadcasters (which is big source of revenue for Avid) but rather pointless for Sibelius users.

--
Peter Roos
www.summeroflovemusic.com
IMDb: www.imdb.com/name/nm2039241

Posted by Laurence Payne - 31 Dec 03:38PM (edited 31 Dec 03:40PM)
We have this forum and
http://sibelius.ideascale.com/

We can rejoice in this (fairly) direct line to Sibelius administration, or we can beef about the response.

Happy New Year!

Posted by James - 31 Dec 05:42PM
>We can rejoice in this (fairly) direct line to Sibelius administration, or we can beef about the response.

I appreciate the positive thinking approach but the two are not mutually exclusive. We can make constructive suggestions AND grouse, at least a little, with a twinkle in our eye, and a joke or two.

--
Mac OS 10.12 Sierra
Sibelius 6.2

Posted by Patrick O'Keefe - 31 Dec 07:53PM

>...
> Here's a sample: "NEXUS clients use Avid Adaptive Load Balancing for network redundancy and to aggregate the performance of multiple network links."
>
> Is this the sort of language and the sort of thought-processes that characterise creative types like composers and arrangers? Or is it some corporate-speak that simply underlines the gap between "them" and "us"?
>
I have no idea what NEXUS is not whether Avid Adaptive Load Balancing is a useful and meaningful product or service, but the statement makes sense ... in terms of a communications service provider. Why Avid has decided to be part of that industry but I'm sure they will do almost as well in that field as they've done with Sibelius.

--
Patrick O'Keefe

Sib 7.5, GPO4, NotePerformer, lots of EWQL stuff
Win10 x64 Pro Intel i7-4771, 3.50Ghz, 16GB RAM

Posted by Jeff Hale - 02 Jan 06:18PM
Maybe if enough people write in to correctly position repeat barlines, time signature, key signatures, etc., they will actually do it.

--
windows 7 and 10 Professional, Sibelius 7.1.3 and 8.7.2

Posted by Laurence Payne - 02 Jan 06:42PM
> Maybe if enough people write in to correctly position repeat barlines, time signature, key signatures, etc., they will actually do it.

I think the requirement is accepted!

Quick reply

To add a reply to the end of this thread, type it below, then click Reply.

(.sib, .png and .jpg only)

Messages in this thread

Vote for Sibelius Future - Kai Struck, 30 Dec 11:55AM
     Re: Vote for Sibelius Future - Laurence Payne, 30 Dec 01:40PM
         Re: Vote for Sibelius Future - James, 30 Dec 04:01PM
             Re: Vote for Sibelius Future - Peter Roos, 31 Dec 02:06AM
                 Re: Vote for Sibelius Future - Chris Crawley, 31 Dec 12:42PM
                     Re: Vote for Sibelius Future - James, 31 Dec 12:51PM
                     Re: Vote for Sibelius Future - Peter Roos, 31 Dec 03:28PM
                         Re: Vote for Sibelius Future - Laurence Payne, 31 Dec 03:38PM
                             Re: Vote for Sibelius Future - James, 31 Dec 05:42PM
                     Re: Vote for Sibelius Future - Patrick O'Keefe, 31 Dec 07:53PM
                         Re: Vote for Sibelius Future - Jeff Hale, 02 Jan 06:18PM
                             Re: Vote for Sibelius Future - Laurence Payne, 02 Jan 06:42PM