'Sib. 6.x: Issues with appearance of text sizes including lyrics'

Messages in this thread

Sib. 6.x: Issues with appearance of text sizes ... - Jan G Wagner, 27 Dec 10:00PM
     Re: Sib. 6.x: Issues with appearance of text si... - Robin Walker, 27 Dec 11:22PM
         Re: Sib. 6.x: Issues with appearance of text si... - Jan G Wagner, 28 Dec 04:35PM
             Re: Sib. 6.x: Issues with appearance of text si... - Jan G Wagner, 28 Dec 10:20PM

Sib. 6.x: Issues with appearance of text sizes including lyrics
Posted by Jan G Wagner - 27 Dec 10:00PM
I recently transcribed a piano vocal score which included lyrics to an aria (attached). Everything worked normally with all texts. When I opened the file today, all texts (title, composer name and lyrics) appeared really small. I am not able to figure out why. I tried changing font sizes in "Properties" and also House Styles/Edit Font Sizes, but nothing works. I am attaching a copy of the score.

I also tried to create a new score and the same issue occurs. I uploaded the new Sierra OS in my Mac last night and I wonder if the issue is related to this new OS.

Any help anyone can provide would be very much appreciated!

Thanks
Jan
Attachment Vilja Song with chorus PVS.sib (50K)

Back to top | All threads

Re: Sib. 6.x: Issues with appearance of text sizes including lyrics
Posted by Robin Walker - 27 Dec 11:22PM
That score that you attached looks fine here.

You have a macOS fonts problem.
See http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/How_To/en362159

--
Sibelius 8.7.2/7.5.1/7.1.3/6.2/5.2.5, PhotoScore Ult 8.8.2, Dolet 6.6 for Sibelius, Windows 10 64-bit 16GB. Desktop, and Microsoft Surface Book.

Posted by Jan G Wagner - 28 Dec 04:35PM
Hello,

Thank you so much for your reply. I tried all of the fixes suggested but none worked. The last option (to install OnyX restored the the texts, i.e. I was able to see the lyrics and title texts restored to the original sizes but the notes were corrupted. I noticed that after the cleaning process with OnyX the Opus, Inkpen2, Reprise and Helsinki fonts were gone from the Font Book folder (as the instructions suggested deleting those fonts). I re-installed the fonts downloading Scorch but that set me back to where I was before, i.e. all lyrics and texts appear very small.

Not sure what else to do. The link you provided had instructions for the macOS X. I now have Sierra as my macOS.

Any further suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Posted by Jan G Wagner - 28 Dec 10:20PM
Hi Robin,

I was finally able to resolve the issue. Fior future reference if others have similar issues:
run Onyx but through this link: https://www.titanium-software.fr/en/onyx.html
The link provided through the forum link is outdated.
Also, I did not have to delete any fonts and one should allow Onyx to check your start-up volume. Then proceed as suggested with the cleaning of the cache fonts. Then restart the mac.

Thanks!
Jan

Quick reply

To add a reply to the end of this thread, type it below, then click Reply.

(.sib, .png and .jpg only)

Messages in this thread

Sib. 6.x: Issues with appearance of text sizes ... - Jan G Wagner, 27 Dec 10:00PM
     Re: Sib. 6.x: Issues with appearance of text si... - Robin Walker, 27 Dec 11:22PM
         Re: Sib. 6.x: Issues with appearance of text si... - Jan G Wagner, 28 Dec 04:35PM
             Re: Sib. 6.x: Issues with appearance of text si... - Jan G Wagner, 28 Dec 10:20PM