'Sib. 7.1.3: Kontakt 5 not loading Sibelius 5 Essentials into Sibelius 7.1.3'

Messages in this thread

Sib. 7.1.3: Kontakt 5 not loading Sibelius 5 Es... - phillip, 27 Dec 07:23PM
     Re: Sib. 7.1.3: Kontakt 5 not loading Sibelius ... - Robin Walker, 27 Dec 11:51PM
         Re: Sib. 7.1.3: Kontakt 5 not loading Sibelius ... - phillip, 27 Dec 11:56PM
             Re: Sib. 7.1.3: Kontakt 5 not loading Sibelius ... - Robin Walker, 28 Dec 12:01AM

Sib. 7.1.3: Kontakt 5 not loading Sibelius 5 Essentials into Sibelius 7.1.3
Posted by phillip - 27 Dec 07:23PM (edited 27 Dec 11:31PM)
Hello. I've searched the Internet-at-large for an answer to no avil, and I could find nothing in forums either; if there is an existing post that might help, please point me in the right direction.

A couple of months ago, I upgraded from an HDD to an SSD. I launched Sibelius for the first time since cloning yesterday. I am using the last version of Mac OS 10.6, still using Sibelius 7.1.3, and Kontakt 5 for loading Sibelius 5 Sound Essentials. I pair both Sibelius 7 Sounds with two instances of Kontakt 5 in my playback settings, and use Core Audio (integrated) as my output device.

When Sibelius first launched, it could not find the appropriate files to load. I manually found the folder in which the Sib5 sounds were located, loaded them (the load window indicated success), and I started a new score.

Upon trying to test my sounds in the new score, I found that nothing loaded. I might get a note to start when using my MIDI controller, but nothing would sound. During playback, the mixer indicates sound but nothing played back.

I would often get a dialogue box when trying to click on a note or play the test notation back: "File Not Found. Please Make Sure That External Drives Are Connected." I don't load Sib5 Sounds from an external drive.

In the audio engine options, I notice that under Vitual Instruments and Effects Folder, the "Folders" button does not appear. I only have a "Rescan" button.

I tried several things to troubleshoot: when I click "show" in playback configuration, no instruments appear - Kontakt itself cannot find a library, but I can manually load individual .nkm and .nki files; I've uninstalled Kontakt and Sibelius and reinstalled both; I've reloaded the sound files upon launch; I've moved the sound files to Appliations Support/Avid/Sibelius 7/Sibelius Sounds and reloaded from there. Nothing works.

I had problems loading Sib5 sounds via Kontakt when I first got Sibelius 7, but eventually I solved the problem. Everything worked just fine before cloning to an SSD. Now, I can't seem to find a solution.

Any ideas? Thank you.

--
www.phillipginn.com
www.polyomnimusic.com

Back to top | All threads

Re: Sib. 7.1.3: Kontakt 5 not loading Sibelius 5 Essentials into Sibelius 7.1.3
Posted by Robin Walker - 27 Dec 11:51PM
I recommend NOT relying on the macOS clone function to move installations from one disk to another.

Please install the Sibelius 5 Essentials sound library all over again: I suspect that Kontakt has lost the pointers that tell it which libraries are installed and licensed.

The "Folders" button is not a feature of Sibelius for Mac.

--
Sibelius 8.7.2/7.5.1/7.1.3/6.2/5.2.5, PhotoScore Ult 8.8.2, Dolet 6.6 for Sibelius, Windows 10 64-bit 16GB. Desktop, and Microsoft Surface Book.

Posted by phillip - 27 Dec 11:56PM
Thank you, Robin. That's a good idea. I'll probably need to download the Sib5 library again, unless I can find my old .dmg for the updated library.

On a related note, how would you recommend cloning in the future?

And thank you for the information about the "Folders" button.

--
www.phillipginn.com
www.polyomnimusic.com

Posted by Robin Walker - 28 Dec 12:01AM
> how would you recommend cloning in the future?

Run the proper installers for the products you want to use on the new system.

--
Sibelius 8.7.2/7.5.1/7.1.3/6.2/5.2.5, PhotoScore Ult 8.8.2, Dolet 6.6 for Sibelius, Windows 10 64-bit 16GB. Desktop, and Microsoft Surface Book.

Quick reply

To add a reply to the end of this thread, type it below, then click Reply.

(.sib, .png and .jpg only)

Messages in this thread

Sib. 7.1.3: Kontakt 5 not loading Sibelius 5 Es... - phillip, 27 Dec 07:23PM
     Re: Sib. 7.1.3: Kontakt 5 not loading Sibelius ... - Robin Walker, 27 Dec 11:51PM
         Re: Sib. 7.1.3: Kontakt 5 not loading Sibelius ... - phillip, 27 Dec 11:56PM
             Re: Sib. 7.1.3: Kontakt 5 not loading Sibelius ... - Robin Walker, 28 Dec 12:01AM