'Sib. 7.1.3: Instal SibSounds on new computer, download center question'

Messages in this thread

Sib. 7.1.3: Instal SibSounds on new computer, d... - Coen, 24 Dec 05:41PM
     Re: Sib. 7.1.3: Instal SibSounds on new compute... - Robin Walker, 24 Dec 06:44PM
         Re: Sib. 7.1.3: Instal SibSounds on new compute... - Coen, 25 Dec 09:51AM

Sib. 7.1.3: Instal SibSounds on new computer, download center question
Posted by Coen - 24 Dec 05:41PM
I bought Sibelius 7 some time ago on CD/DVD. My new computer hasn't got a DVD-bay, so I downloaded my version and installed it succesfully. Now I want to download the Sibelius 7 Sounds onto the computer, but I can't find it. In the download center I tried adding the system ID, but it says "System ID is invalid or already under an Upgrade & Support plan. Please specify a different System ID."

It looks like I have another account or so, but I have no idea on which e-mail adress.

What to do?
Attachment Knipsel.PNG.png (13K)

Back to top | All threads

Re: Sib. 7.1.3: Instal SibSounds on new computer, download center question
Posted by Robin Walker - 24 Dec 06:44PM
I suspect that the old Sibelius 7.0/7.1 versions of the Sibelius 7 Sounds sample library are not available for download from the Avid account page anyway, even if you could log in to it.

Your best bet might be to obtain an external DVD-ROM drive with a USB connection, and use that to install from the DVD-ROM disks that you already have. Or use another computer to copy the DVD-ROM disks to USB memory sticks, and install from those.

--
Sibelius 8.7.2/7.5.1/7.1.3/6.2/5.2.5, PhotoScore Ult 8.8.2, Dolet 6.6 for Sibelius, Windows 10 64-bit 16GB. Desktop, and Microsoft Surface Book.

Re: Sib. 7.1.3: Instal SibSounds on new computer, download center question
Posted by Coen - 25 Dec 09:51AM
Thank you for your advise! An external DVD-ROM drive might be a good idea, I use CD/DVD once in a while anyway. But I'll try a USB-memory stick, too.

Quick reply

To add a reply to the end of this thread, type it below, then click Reply.

(.sib, .png and .jpg only)

Messages in this thread

Sib. 7.1.3: Instal SibSounds on new computer, d... - Coen, 24 Dec 05:41PM
     Re: Sib. 7.1.3: Instal SibSounds on new compute... - Robin Walker, 24 Dec 06:44PM
         Re: Sib. 7.1.3: Instal SibSounds on new compute... - Coen, 25 Dec 09:51AM