'Why do I have to reactivate every time I open Sibelius?'

Messages in this thread

Why do I have to reactivate every time I open S... - AaronR, 22 Dec 12:29AM
     Re: Why do I have to reactivate every time I op... - Robin Walker, 22 Dec 10:07AM
         Re: Why do I have to reactivate every time I op... - AaronR, 04 Jan 04:55AM
             Re: Why do I have to reactivate every time I op... - Robin Walker, 04 Jan 12:50PM

Why do I have to reactivate every time I open Sibelius?
Posted by AaronR - 22 Dec 12:29AM
I do the subscription payment for Sibelius and have activated it. Everything works fine until I close the program and open it again. Every single time I open Sibelius it tells me my trial is ended and I have to activate. I use the Application Manager to login and then it shows it as activated. This wouldn't be such a big deal if it didn't happen EVERY time and login take SO long to process the reactivation.

Anyone else have this problem? Or a solution?

Thanks!

Back to top | All threads

Re: Why do I have to reactivate every time I open Sibelius?
Posted by Robin Walker - 22 Dec 10:07AM (edited 22 Dec 10:10AM)
I think you should assume that no-one else has this problem, given the lack of similar reports.

Can you supply useful information, such as whether this is on macOS or on Windows, the version of the operating system, the version number of Sibelius, the version number of Avid Application Manager?

--
Sibelius 8.7.2/7.5.1/7.1.3/6.2/5.2.5, PhotoScore Ult 8.8.2, Dolet 6.6 for Sibelius, Windows 10 64-bit 16GB. Desktop, and Microsoft Surface Book.

Posted by AaronR - 04 Jan 04:55AM
Thanks Robin,

This is macOS 10.12.6. Sibelius version 8.4.2 build 231. Avid Application Manager version 2.5.8.13040.

Posted by Robin Walker - 04 Jan 12:50PM
Those versions are quite out of date. You should, at the very least, update Avid Application Manager to its latest version. If you are paying by one of the subscription methods, you are also entitled to update Sibelius itself.

--
Sibelius 8.7.2/7.5.1/7.1.3/6.2/5.2.5, PhotoScore Ult 8.8.2, Dolet 6.6 for Sibelius, Windows 10 64-bit 16GB. Desktop, and Microsoft Surface Book.

Quick reply

To add a reply to the end of this thread, type it below, then click Reply.

(.sib, .png and .jpg only)

Messages in this thread

Why do I have to reactivate every time I open S... - AaronR, 22 Dec 12:29AM
     Re: Why do I have to reactivate every time I op... - Robin Walker, 22 Dec 10:07AM
         Re: Why do I have to reactivate every time I op... - AaronR, 04 Jan 04:55AM
             Re: Why do I have to reactivate every time I op... - Robin Walker, 04 Jan 12:50PM