'Sib. 6.x: Installing Sibelius Sound Set Editor'

Messages in this thread

Sib. 6.x: Installing Sibelius Sound Set Editor - JNYE, 07 Dec 08:35AM
     Re: Sib. 6.x: Installing Sibelius Sound Set Editor - Robin Walker, 07 Dec 08:37AM
     Re: Sib. 6.x: Installing Sibelius Sound Set Editor - JNYE, 07 Dec 08:37AM
         Re: Sib. 6.x: Installing Sibelius Sound Set Editor - JNYE, 07 Dec 09:27AM
             Re: Sib. 6.x: Installing Sibelius Sound Set Editor - Robin Walker, 07 Dec 02:27PM
                 Re: Sib. 6.x: Installing Sibelius Sound Set Editor - JNYE, 07 Dec 03:52PM

Sib. 6.x: Installing Sibelius Sound Set Editor
Posted by JNYE - 07 Dec 08:35AM
Trying to install Sibelius Sound Set Editor from the following page

Unfortunately, when I click the sse.air download link and try and install the file, I get the error message: "Sorry, an error has occured. The application could not be installed because the installer file is damaged. Try obtaining a new installer file from the application author."

Does anyone know another link for downloading a usable Sibelius Sound Set Editor?

Many thanks.

--
UK based composer using Sibelius 6 with Garritan GPO4 and JABB3 - and trying to use Garritan World Instruments too!

Back to top | All threads

Re: Sib. 6.x: Installing Sibelius Sound Set Editor
Posted by Robin Walker - 07 Dec 08:37AM
We are waiting for Avid to re-sign the SSE with a certificate which has not expired. It was Adobe that made this problem.

--
Sibelius 8.7/7.5.1/7.1.3/6.2/5.2.5, PhotoScore Ult 8.8.2, Dolet 6.6 for Sibelius, Windows 10 64-bit 16GB. Desktop, and Microsoft Surface Book.

Posted by JNYE - 07 Dec 08:37AM
Sorry - forgot the link to the page. Here it is:

http://www.sibelius.com/download/sse/main.html

--
UK based composer using Sibelius 6 with Garritan GPO4 and JABB3 - and trying to use Garritan World Instruments too!

Posted by JNYE - 07 Dec 09:27AM
Good grief! What a palaver.

I'll email Avid and see what they say. Thanks again.

J
--

Posted by Robin Walker - 07 Dec 02:27PM
By the way, using SSE was not what I had in mind when I said in another thread that you should use a Manual SoundSet with the GWI library. When I said "Manual SoundSet" I meant "Manual SoundSet" as described in the Sibelius Reference.

Since you only want one instrument from GWI, it would be quite over-the-top to develop a full SoundSet using SSE. A Manual Soundset ought to be quite sufficient.

--
Sibelius 8.7/7.5.1/7.1.3/6.2/5.2.5, PhotoScore Ult 8.8.2, Dolet 6.6 for Sibelius, Windows 10 64-bit 16GB. Desktop, and Microsoft Surface Book.

Posted by JNYE - 07 Dec 03:52PM
Thanks Robin. I thought as much and will have a go.

I did get a response from Avid who said that restoring the SSE download was on their list of things that needed fixing and he might see if he could bump it up a bit!

Regards, James.

--

Quick reply

To add a reply to the end of this thread, type it below, then click Reply.

(.sib, .png and .jpg only)

Messages in this thread

Sib. 6.x: Installing Sibelius Sound Set Editor - JNYE, 07 Dec 08:35AM
     Re: Sib. 6.x: Installing Sibelius Sound Set Editor - Robin Walker, 07 Dec 08:37AM
     Re: Sib. 6.x: Installing Sibelius Sound Set Editor - JNYE, 07 Dec 08:37AM
         Re: Sib. 6.x: Installing Sibelius Sound Set Editor - JNYE, 07 Dec 09:27AM
             Re: Sib. 6.x: Installing Sibelius Sound Set Editor - Robin Walker, 07 Dec 02:27PM
                 Re: Sib. 6.x: Installing Sibelius Sound Set Editor - JNYE, 07 Dec 03:52PM